I've got to pick up a song (for school) from the millions existent. So far, so good but I'm having a problem with it, since I've got to sing it perfectly in the music class, and be able to talk about it and make my colleagues sing it decently. This should be just an alternative teaching method.

I am looking for a short, (very) easy to sing song, which has maybe some substrate and can be easily taught to other pupils.
Time's running away and I'm getting desperate. Tomorrow is the dead-end of announcing the title of the song chosen.

Other info: not a really good singer, just a mediocre singer (beginner), no canto lessons, female alto voice.

All proposals are welcome, as long they fill up the criterias.
Last edited by Hawkatex at Mar 12, 2007,
Talk Shows on Mute by Incubus seems not too bad to sing, and is fun to play too.
Main Gear:
Cort G-Series 254
Takamine EG345C 12-String
Fender Squier P-Bass

Peavey Classic 50
Laney HCM65B

$75 Junk Drums w/ B8 Hats/Crash/Ride
crazy little thing called love.
lol
Member #12 of the UG Queen Fanclub!...PM Hanzi_G to join!

Samauri #2 if your interested.
Thanks a lot. Tried to sing them both (as a first). Talk Shows On Mute will be definately on my potential songs list.

Crazy Little Thing Called Love...well...the situation is different: the voice is much to low and the rythm tricky. Thank you anyway.

Any more ideas?
Drive - Incubus
"Insecticon" of the Predacons Beast Wars Club
PM NightmareXT To Join!

You make me feel
Like a dog, you can see, my emotions
Is this for real, i'm a man
Sinking deep, in the ocean
Pick a song from someone like Bob Dylan who can't sing anyway. Knockin on Heavens Door is real simple and you can get them to write their own verses as there are many variations on the verses.
Yay
My suggestion helped!

Say It Ain't So - Weezer?
Main Gear:
Cort G-Series 254
Takamine EG345C 12-String
Fender Squier P-Bass

Peavey Classic 50
Laney HCM65B

$75 Junk Drums w/ B8 Hats/Crash/Ride
Quote by Hawkatex
, female alto voice.

All proposals are welcome, as long they fill up the criterias.

so your a guy with a girly voice? or a alto voice? Go for.......anythign by death cab of dashboard.. easy ass songs.
Working Class Hero - John Lennon
Gear
Gibson SG Standard with Emg Pick-ups
Marshall MG50DFX
Digitech Death Metal

I am the Eggman
All Along the Watchtower by Dylan (unless y'know, you CAN play the Hendrix version - I can't- )

The beautiful thing about it is, it's three chords on guitar, and it's very forgiving vocally. I'm a terrible singer (my showerhead told me to shut up), but I can even sing All Along in public and people dig it.

Much luck, much love, bro.
Classifieds mod said this didn't count as trying to sell anything, I'll say it here:

If you're looking to be able to take credit cards in-person (not over the internet where paypal will work), pm me and I can hook you up with the stuff you need.
Wild Thing - nothing too hard in either department i don't think
Founder of Jaco society

[22:08:23] <Confusius> I wish I was a bassist
[22:08:26] <Confusius> you fuckers look cool

Want to know how to play bass in jazz? Read this.