Ace Frehley
Martin Barre

I'm looking for some good pentatonic players with lots of emotion and good taste, and solos to learn so I can build up my blues licks vocabulary a bit.

I've asked a few lead guitarists I know and they've all recommended Jimmy Page and Kirk Hammet, but I want to dig a bit deeper and that. I've already looked into some Jimmy Page stuff, and I think that Kirk Hammet is a bit shit.

So, can anyone recommend me some more guitar kings of classic rock?

Help appreciated
Mark Knopfler. Definitely. Even if you don't like the music, the licks are really good.
(Slightly outdated) Electronic and classical compositions by m'self: Check 'em out
If you think that Ace Frehley is good but Kirk Hammett sucks then you obviously haven't listened hard.... Kirk is 10x better than Ace.

As for solos to learn and look into, there is much more to look into than just CR. You need to check a guy named Tab Benoit out. He's great and has some awesome blues licks for you to check out. If SRV is out of your league then I'm sure a lot of Slash and Zakk Wylde stuff is too. Van Halen's Aint Talkin' 'Bout Love is a good place...

Jimmy Page is a great place to start if you can play Zeppelin... He's really good and not terribly difficult all of the time. Songs to learn would be:
Since I've Been Loving You
Stairway to Heaven (solo)
Tea For One
Hot Dog
Rock And Roll
Black Dog
Good Times Bad Times
Communication Breakdown
Whole Lotta Love
Heartbreaker (parts of the solo too, but not all of it...)
Moby Dick
Bring It On Home

Alex Lifeson (Rush) has some good stuff to check out too:
Finding My Way
Working Man
In the Mood
Bastille Day
Anthem
Fly By Night
Closer to the Heart
Xanadu

Those will hold you over for quite some time I'm sure.... If you wanted to you could also check out some Black Sabbath and some AC/DC. Here are some good AC/DC songs to look at.

Whole Lotta Rosie
You Shook Me All Night Long
Back In Black
T.N.T.
Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheep
Hells Bells

There you go. Have a ball with it. Some of the songs may be a little difficult at first, but nothing too difficult there (except maybe 2112 if you're a beginner).
Got Death Magnetic a day early!

The Low-Cardinal of Zeppelinism - If you're a diehard fan of Zeppelin, join Zeppelinism here

Winner of the "Biggest Led Zeppelin Fuck" award in the CR forum (2 years running!)
Cheers guys.

As for the Ace frehley issue, I agree that some of his stuff is a bit on the hit or miss factor, but I very much like the solo for "Love Gun", it's one of my best things.
You should have looked at the Official Classic Rock Reccomendation Thread

It's stickied...no excuses
Co-founder of the UG Pink Floyd Fan club PM me or nick dixon
Winner of the CR Best Avatar Award

Quote by bodyheatseeker
ohhh burrrrn!
That's how we roll in the CR forum.
Irritate us, and we'll sic our 14 year old on you!
He's asking for easy songs to learn leave him alone There is a thread in one of the other forums though that deals with this same topic because everyone does it... But it is also filled with a lot of metal and stuff like that. If you're looking for blues, unless you know who to look for in that list, you won't get too terribly far.
Got Death Magnetic a day early!

The Low-Cardinal of Zeppelinism - If you're a diehard fan of Zeppelin, join Zeppelinism here

Winner of the "Biggest Led Zeppelin Fuck" award in the CR forum (2 years running!)
^Ahh, yes so he is...my bad
Co-founder of the UG Pink Floyd Fan club PM me or nick dixon
Winner of the CR Best Avatar Award

Quote by bodyheatseeker
ohhh burrrrn!
That's how we roll in the CR forum.
Irritate us, and we'll sic our 14 year old on you!