Hi, I have recently bought a marshall VM 2266.
very sweet amp, but its all about the guitars volume pot, set to 1/2 and you have clean, 3-5 rythmn dist, any higher and you just get more distortion and volume (leads).
When played with a band it really comes into its own, set the master volume to about 6 and it really is an impressive sounding amp.

anyway, I have a problem when it comes to tapping. I can't hear tapping sequences as loud as picked notes..what do I need to overcome this ? is a compressor the right pedal ?
When you tap your not really tapping, your pulling off (which you probably already know). So just pulloff harder.
Quote by deg0ey
The best pickups for emo are no pickups at all...

Gear:

1996 Les Paul Classic w/ Alnico II's
Marshall Jubilee 2550
Vox V847 Wah
Assorted pedals
I haven't changed my style , its just not so loud through my new amp.. !
tis quite strange.
maybe it doesn't have as much gain as you're used to? a clean booster or overdrive pedal might help. A compressor would help too, if you want to add sustain but not increase gain.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Tap harder. Honestly, it works.

And nice choice on the amp, does it sound like a vintage Marshall?
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
think its to do with the amount of gain used. before I was using a mt-2 pedal.
but I'll try tapping harder, just need to practice it abit more me thinks.
cheers, the amp is very nice, the low dynamic setting isn't so great ( very mild distortion) but push the high setting in and this amp rocks !
Takes some while to get use to flicking between pickups and using the volume pot instead of pressing pedals though .
^I'm used to the flicking and adjusting. Is it a very classic sounding amp? Like Cream etc?

And throw the MT2 away!!
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
you can get the cream sound with a bit of knob twiddling, the tubes are KT66 ( same as claptons bluesbreaker amp !)
if you are used to using your guitar to control your sound rather than pedals, then this is probably a brilliant amp to purchase.
Well the thing is that Marshall has really "over blown" the whole guitar volume thing as if it was a completly new thing and that the whole "two gain controls for different voiced channels" is very new. They aren't, these were around on the Plexis and is basically what makes Plexis special...

Though it seems nice, so ill have to try it!
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
^ yeah, I hate marketing.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?