hey Ug'ers.. im in need of a little help..

so ive been alternate picking all my life.. ive just begun to get really good at economy picking.. now when i try to alternate pick a string skipping exercise with 3notes per string.. i cant..

i just stumble.. i need help!!
"I don't mind making sissy rock. I'll rock your ass sensitive style" - John Mayer
play it retardedly slow, and keep working faster, just like anything really. theres no trick to economy picking, it may seem unproductive to play that slow, but doing it and sticking with it will yield results
Quote by bluesychris
Now You Sir have one hell of a guitar and look more alive and look to have more stage presence than anyone else I've seen on this forum
i think u misunderstood me dude, but thanx anyways.

what i meant was, i cant go back to alternate picking 3 notes per string.. i got down economy picking real good..

i also know all about playing it slow really.

The main sucky part is that when i try to alternate pick again, it stumbles all over..

thanx for d help tho..
"I don't mind making sissy rock. I'll rock your ass sensitive style" - John Mayer
I don't know what other advice we can give you if you used to know how to alternate pick but can't anymore. Practice makes perfect.
it does indeed..

but it alright, its not that i cant alternate pick, its just that on certain exercises i use for economy picking, when i try to alternate pick it after, it screws up..

it was just annoyin me is all.. anyways, thanx for d help all..
all is good now..hehe..
What I always do for this sort of thing is upstroke the first note of the higher pitched string and downstroke the first note of the lower pitched string.

So what is the issue exactly? Are you losing your timing? Have you tried just playing along to a metronome at a moderate speed?
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay