Hi,

Well my guitar is a BC Rich Warlock, and i have had it for only about 5 months. I was practising and i turned my tone up on the guitar and the sound on the amp just stopped. I know that is not my leads or amp that is broken because I tried my other guitar and it worked perfectly. If I turn up the amp really loud I can hear the guitar sound, but really quietly. Please help I dont know what to do =(

thanks
It'll be the pickups i guess.
Are you sure that you didn't accidently the the VOLUME, DOWN? Cos that could be the problem.
If not the change the pickups, or just plainly get another guitar (If the warlock is a bronze one that is)
It's possible one of the wires came off (probably off the input jack) within the guitar. I was jamming one time, and this happened. It was a quick solder, and it was fine again. If you're comfortable with it, just use a screw driver to take the panels off the back and check out the components for any obvious loose wire. If you can solder, put it back where it goes, or bring into a guitar tech at a store.
Main Gear:
Cort G-Series 254
Takamine EG345C 12-String
Fender Squier P-Bass

Peavey Classic 50
Laney HCM65B

$75 Junk Drums w/ B8 Hats/Crash/Ride
sounds like a bad pot, was there alot of scratching when you would roll the tone up or down before? your potentiometer could be dirty, or broken. pop open the back and spray out the pot with canned air and see if that helps, if not replace it. no need to get another guitar, and its not your pickups, at least not the pickups themselves, magnets dont just stop being magnets like that. check all your connections too, make sure all you points are soldered and connected. go to your manufacturers webpage and see if they have a schematic for the guitar and use that as a guide to make sure everything works. Feel free to PM me if you need anymore help
Quote by bluesychris
Now You Sir have one hell of a guitar and look more alive and look to have more stage presence than anyone else I've seen on this forum
That's why I don't buy BC Rich. BTW your Warlock is from which series ?
My gear:
-Ibanez JS 6000 Custom w/ 11-48 gauge
-Ibanez FGM 400BB w/ 10-46 gauge
-Peavey 6505 2x12 Combo
-MXR Phase 90
-Boss DD-6 Digital Delay
-Morley Wah/Volume Pro Series II
-Boss CS-3 Compression Sustainer
-Gator G-Bus 8
-Xotic BB Preamp
can you not hear it on both pickups? that would help, maybe your pickups, maybe some soldering got loose elsewhere... wait for someone more knowledgeable than me
Gear:
Ibanez JS100
03 Squier Strat
1980 Ovation Matrix Accoustic
Peavey Valveking 112
Washburn T-14 Taurus (Bass)
SWR Working Pro 100 watt bass amp
Uncrew the your input jack plate and see if all the wires are soldered to the jack.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
i have opened the back and the imput jack plate, and all the wires look fine
i have noticed that if i turn the amp up full volume, with full gain and stuff, it is really quiet and sounds clean
well if you have active pickups in it it may need a new battery?

if it doesnt then you should probably give it to a proffesional technician to sorty it out
That happens to my friend all the time, but thats only because his chord stinks if you tap it weird with your foot. Though I'm not sure if you're experiencing the same thing.
Natural Blonde w/ Black pickguard Squier Affinity Telecaster
Epiphone Slingshot 25R Amplifier
Dunlop Tortex .5mm Picks - Red
Boss DS-1 Distortion Pedal
Danelectro Fab Chrous Pedal
Dunlop Cry-Baby Wah Pedal
Quote by evillemon
i have opened the back and the imput jack plate, and all the wires look fine

i know u say they look fine but, sometimes one of them is loose and its hard to tell.
has the jack ever been loose, where uve hand to hand tighten it?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by evillemon
BC Rich Warlock,
thanks

gear.

Schecter Loomis sig.
Engl fireball.
the highest.

CANNABIZZLE

Lets blaze, put this in your sig if you want to get high.
I doubt it very much that your pickup has broken.

My money is on it being a broken or loose connection. Or maybe a faulty pot.

If you know about guitar electronics, check for broken connections. If not, I suggest taking it to a pro. If its the wiring or pots, it will just cost a few pounds(or dollars) to replace.

However, it is also possible the the winding in the pickup has broken, but that rarely happens.
ok, so i took it to my guitar teacher today and he said it is probably somthing wrong with the pickups, and that i should probably take it to a pro. But i have this concert thing that i am playing in, in 2 days time and would like to use my warlock for it. If i take it to a pro it would take way longer than that, so i am wondering if there is any guides or anything to fix it. thanks

ps, it is a platinum warlock
Quote by evillemon
ok, so i took it to my guitar teacher today and he said it is probably somthing wrong with the pickups, and that i should probably take it to a pro. But i have this concert thing that i am playing in, in 2 days time and would like to use my warlock for it. If i take it to a pro it would take way longer than that, so i am wondering if there is any guides or anything to fix it. thanks

ps, it is a platinum warlock

this type of thing. really it's almost never the pickups.

it's the switch connection, or the jack connection, or the cable. (which u checked)

sometimes rarely, 1 pickup will fail. but both pickups usually means a wire.
and unless u want to take it apart to look. ull have to take it in.

so had u ever hand tightened the jack?
do u own a soldering iron?
are they active pickups?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011