Well, quick lil background. Ive been playing bass going on 3 years, and ive always played with my finger. recently i switched to playing with a pick (wanted to be faster but my fingers werent cutting it).
I have my strap long, so the bass is around my knees or so, i put my hand on the bridge and alt. pick.
anyways, after i play for a while my wrist is just killing me, and i cant practice no more.
what do ya'll think?
1.just cause i aint used to it?
2.poor tequnique maybe?
3. crappy wrists?
thanks in advance for help.
On your knees!?

Raise it Alot!, i wear mine on my belly, and its considered average.

And by the way, yes it might be crappy technique, do you learn with a teacher?
For long you live and high you fly
But only if you ride the tide
And balanced on the biggest wave
You race toward an early grave.

Ben Hamelech
no, I'm self-taught. ive never learned from a teacher.
well at first i thought maybe it was because i had my hand on the bridge, but pybus from cradle of filth plays like that, so i figured it wasnt that.
Just practice man, maybe you're holding your pick wrong cos i play with my fingers or a pick and my bass is also around my knees and I kick ass! so ya, just practice or ask a guitar teacher for a pointer or 2.
Originally posted by soul_rocker
i like to pee from the shower into the toilet. it makes me feel skilled.

Respect!
Definitely your low-hung bass.

The lowest it -should- be is at your belt line.
Quote by MetalUpTheAss
Sounds to me like an excuse.

"Honey, I've got to buy a new bass! This diamond is made of a dead guy! I made him a promise!"

Most Bitter/Cynical member of the Bass Militia. PM DinkyDaisy to join.
Maybe raising the bass a little by adjusting your strap would help. Having it around the knees seems to low to be comfortable for me because I have to bend my fretting wrist more and anchoring your wrist on the bridge could also be a reason that it hurts.

- Toby