hey i managed to pick up a sweet fender bass there last week on the cheap...i play guitar and have myself a boss me-50, and a marshall 100dfx...im just wondering if i play my bass thru these will it destroy them totally...? i really dont wanna have to buy a bass amp...

cheers...
Do us all a favor and put your MG on 10 and play away.
Quote by deg0ey
The best pickups for emo are no pickups at all...

Gear:

1996 Les Paul Classic w/ Alnico II's
Marshall Jubilee 2550
Vox V847 Wah
Assorted pedals
you really need bass amp for bass. or ur speakers will eventually pick up a rattle or worse.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by bonchie1
Do us all a favor and put your MG on 10 and play away.

that means itll be ok yeh..?!
Quote by stebag

no, that means he wants you to blow it up

same for any guitar amps.
NO BASS.
the speakers cant handle it
Quote by Nemesis260
police is logical. or do your duty and rape him back

GEAR:
Laney BH150
Marshall B150
Line6 Spider II 15
BOSS HM-2 Heavy Metal (80's!)
Epi SG Special
Peavey Milestone III
Quote by stebag

no, it wont be ok. a bass through a guitar amp is going to eventually cause problems. you can completly mess up the speaker and other parts. just buy a cheapie used 15w bass amp at a pawn shop or something if you are strapped for cash. dont risk damage to your amp because you dont want to shell out a few bucks.
Get a Peavey microbass. I own a bass that I play every now and again and the Peavey is well-priced, reliable, and is loud enough/sounds good enough for jamming with at home.
Love is not a victory march.
destroying the MG is the best thing you can do with it really....
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
a guitar usually ends up ruining and breaking an MG, so im sure that a bass running through it would kill it.
Yea you should play your bass through that gear. Play loud too.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Quote by jof1029
no, it wont be ok. a bass through a guitar amp is going to eventually cause problems. you can completly mess up the speaker and other parts. just buy a cheapie used 15w bass amp at a pawn shop or something if you are strapped for cash. dont risk damage to your amp because you dont want to shell out a few bucks.

I have to say that you'll really be hard pressed to destroy a decent speaker with a bass guitar.

Do you honestly think a 8" 'bass' speaker out of a cheapie amp is any better than the one in an MG? I don't.

Like I've said before, it doesn't really cause any real damage unless you're pushing alot of wattage or volume through it.
^ i always got the feeling that over time the speaker would really deteriorate. sure a cheap bass speaker isnt going to be better than the one in an MG, but i would much rather mess up something i got for $30 than my main amp. hey, if im wrong, thats fine and ill shut up, i just dont think that its a good idea.
You can use the guitar amp, quietly.

If you want to play loud you'll need a bass amp, or if it's a MG head you have, at least a bass cabinet.
Quote by jof1029
^ i always got the feeling that over time the speaker would really deteriorate. sure a cheap bass speaker isnt going to be better than the one in an MG, but i would much rather mess up something i got for $30 than my main amp. hey, if im wrong, thats fine and ill shut up, i just dont think that its a good idea.

Its not a great idea, and it has been known to screw things up every now and then but that's mostly attributed to people using a 30w guitar amp with a bass at band practice cranked.. You're right about screwing up a $30 amp rather than your main rig, though.
Quote by xxgenocide98xx
I have to say that you'll really be hard pressed to destroy a decent speaker with a bass guitar.

Do you honestly think a 8" 'bass' speaker out of a cheapie amp is any better than the one in an MG? I don't.

Like I've said before, it doesn't really cause any real damage unless you're pushing alot of wattage or volume through it.

There are different kinds of speakers. You realize that right?
Quote by deg0ey
The best pickups for emo are no pickups at all...

Gear:

1996 Les Paul Classic w/ Alnico II's
Marshall Jubilee 2550
Vox V847 Wah
Assorted pedals
play your bass through the amp and murder it!!!!! thats all that amp deserves!!!!!!

:P

but yeah it can damage it if its loud
My Rig:
Maverick F-1, Ibanez RG1527, Schecter Omen 8
Marshall JVM 410H,
Hand built 4x12 w/ V30s
Current board:
PXL LIVE
TU2
WHAMMY IV
MXR M132
MXR M101