Page 1 of 6
i was walking downtown one night with some friends, when a large gang (20-30 people) walked up and started to pick a fight. they actualy hit me and another guy, but we didnt reactd, knowing that we get the sh*t beat out of us if we did. a few of the gang members thought that it wasnt such a good idea to get into a fight so they made their gang leave.

Later, we had met some other friends, the gang came racing around the corner, one guy screaming " ***hole, you cant touch me or any of my people! ". one of my friends ran off, me and three other guys hid to see what was gonna happen (in the heat of the moment, we were confuzed), but the friends we had met up with and one other guy stayed out in the open. the gang started beating up two guys as the rest of us ran off.

the police broke up the fight, i heard later, and neither of my friends were really hurt, but they did get punched quite a bit.

i met up with everyone before they went home, just to make sure everyone was ok, but i have a question about myself...

do you think im a pussy for running away from my two friends? one of the guys said that he would have done the same (i didnt speak to the other guy, but hes OK), but he was confuzed, but i dont know if it was the right thing to do...

thanks for any advice...
I dont agree with violence as a way of solving things, but yes, you should have stayed and at least tried to reason with them. If you ask me, you took the cowardly option.
PLAY UP POMPEY

POMPEY PLAY UP!

I'm sure your buddys would rather be friends with a healthy coward than with a slightly bruised hero.
Quote by shav0r
I'm sure your buddys would rather be friends with a healthy coward than with a slightly bruised hero.

I disagree, I would want to know that a friend of mine wouldnt ditch me as soon as the going gets rough
PLAY UP POMPEY

POMPEY PLAY UP!

Unless you're chuck norris, you did the right thing by hiding. I'm not sure what I would've done, it depends on which of my friends were in trouble
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Pussy? no, just smart. There's no way i'd have stayed, you did the right thing.
I don't know see. I understand why you did what you did but i believe that you always stand your ground with your mates regardless you get stuck in and stand by them but that's just my opinion.

Bodacious Bob

Schecter Omen 7 Extreme
Ibanez RGR08LTD BK
Behringer TU-100
EHX Metal Muff
Boss MT-2
GLX EQ-100
Marshall VS15

Quote by tpot06
Bodacious bob wins all.
Quote by rworsl
I disagree, I would want to know that a friend of mine wouldnt ditch me as soon as the going gets rough

Lol dude you took that seriously? What use is a friend you can't rely on?
yeah 20-30 people.. no chance.. you made the smart choice!!

5 or less.. then you can deal enough pain to make it worthwhile!
If you pulled out your glock 9, and said something witty, maybe BOOM HEADSHOT! Then you would be a hero to all UG'ers everywhere...

If only...
If you have something clever to say, don't bother, most people won't get it.

ZOMFG TEH SP33[) I-I4><!!1!

No... Herman Li's just really good...

"Yes I do like marmalade in my eggs! Thank you for asking!"

Quote by Chubbes_Hammet
How do you sig people?

I think you're a coward, for the most part. I would of stayed, the same goes for my closest of friends. Just the way I was raised...Stay and fight, regardless if you're going to get beat up. Standing your ground is sacred.
Originally posted by VoodooChild15
If your girlfriend's having sex at 13, she's a dirty dirty whore. And if you're having sex at 14, you're a dirty dirty...pimp.

Looking for a drummer in the Detroit, MI area
PM if interested!

MySpace
The bigger man steps down always remember

unless its self defense of course but in that case ya i would have jetted
Yes, your a pussy, but a pussy with a face.

Basically this is how the formula goes Pussy = Smart.
Tears in waves, minds on fire
Nights alone by your side
Fronk, you're from Liverpool? Nice.
PLAY UP POMPEY

POMPEY PLAY UP!

I don't know. If you'd made your friends run, then they'd not have been hurt. But then you're letting the chavs (I'm assuming chavs, because they're pack animals) win because you're scared. If you'd stood your ground however, you're letting them win by getting beaten up. I guess overall it would have been better for you all to run, because then the police resources wouldn't have been wasted. Unless some of them got arrested, in which case, you should have stood your ground and seen how many people you could have got criminal records for.
well if you got more people on your side a couple knives you should fight but you used your head and left. good job, pussy.
No, you made a good choice. You seriously could have been killed in a situation like that, it's not uncommon.
Dickless.
There's a difference between courage and stupidity. Life isn't a Bruce Lee movie, and picking a fight against an overwhelming number of people isn't bravery, it's pure idiocy.
Dear God, do you actually answer prayers?

Yes, but only in a way indistinguishable from random luck or the result of your own efforts.
Quote by Mad Marius
There's a difference between courage and stupidity. Life isn't a Bruce Lee movie, and picking a fight against an overwhelming number of people isn't bravery, it's pure idiocy.

I recall a movie by the name of 300 where the spartan Army took on 500, 000 (the movie says a million but thats not realistic at all, neither is the movie though) persians or it could be turks im not sure but ya so maybe this movie would be a good learning experience for MR. Threadstarter?
We have people some up to us and give us shit, we just ignore them, because they get people and them people get people, in other words you would be screwed.
My Gear:
ESP LTD EC-1000 SW
ESP LTD EC 500 STBC
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Dean Razorback Two Tone
Ibanez 7 string
Randall RH150G3 Head and Cab
Quote by rworsl
Fronk, you're from Liverpool? Nice.

You only just noticed?

Or was that some joke I didn't get
Tears in waves, minds on fire
Nights alone by your side
Yup, you're a pussy. Supposed to stick with your friends and not run off and leave them high and dry.

Besides, if you fought you could have evened the odds and maybe they wouldn't have had the shit kicked outta them.
Yeah man, gang's of 20-30 people are well hard. that makes you a complete pussy

It is a bit badass to run from your friends, but if they are understanding, and would do the same, it's fair play.

I wouldn't have run though, because I'm so hard.

plus the fact that i run like a girl
your friends got beat up and you could have helped them, but you didnt. i think that qualifies you as a pussy.
Quote by Shredder6
I recall a movie by the name of 300 where the spartan Army took on 500, 000 (the movie says a million but thats not realistic at all, neither is the movie though) persians or it could be turks im not sure but ya so maybe this movie would be a good learning experience for MR. Threadstarter?

A) There were 1000 there, not 300
B) They were Spartans. 1 Spartan=1 Million Billion zillion Persians
Quote by shav0r

Who would win out of one SAS guy versus a gang of turkish hippies?

It's not going to be the hippies, is it?
I think you made the right decision, what would you rather be called? a cowardly pussy or a dead idiotic moron?
i think you did the right thing. theres no shame in it.your friends should have done the same and that way they dont put you under pressure to help them out.

when theres like 30 people then you obviously arent going to be able to do anything and like someone said people can die in situations like that , if you get beat to the ground and the bastards started stomping on your head , they dont realise how easy it is to kill someone
Quote by freedoms_stain

I think it's sick to force kids to take part in hate mongering and sick for spoonman to think its right for any adult to throw anything at a child.
I would have thrown my friends at the gang to distract them, while i ran away.

In all honesty I would have run, you have to be pretty stupid not to
Warwick Jazzman
Hartke 1415 140Watt
Boss Overdrive
Quote by FeatherBreeze
.........that means your a fuckin retard
"im gunna fight, eventhough i know ill lose, kuz my mommy said its the right thing to do"
stand your ground? ok, lets see....him and his friends downtown, somehow i dont think its "their" ground, your the guy who ends up on the news getting shot and people wonder why

when I was a kid in school, I got in a fight with the biggest guy in school, and I stood up to him because I was too pissed off to care, and he stood down thinking "this guy has balls"

However, this won't work against minorities with a gun, because they only care about shooting people with weapons bought with OUR money.
Last edited by BrianApocalypse at Mar 12, 2007,
Quote by billab0ng
Yup, you're a pussy. Supposed to stick with your friends and not run off and leave them high and dry.

Besides, if you fought you could have evened the odds and maybe they wouldn't have had the shit kicked outta them.

evened the odds?
lol
yeah against 20-30 people, ok
Quote by Shredder6

So what would he learn from the spartans? That you should charge in battle no matter what the odds? Is that a smart thing to do? If so, then why isn't Sparta around today?
Dear God, do you actually answer prayers?

Yes, but only in a way indistinguishable from random luck or the result of your own efforts.
Quote by Shredder6
SAS could take out the entire world thats not fair

True, but the Greek SAS (Spartans in Sandals) could take out the entire ancient world. it's just that they lost to Republican Rome because they decided that they were too hard to wear armour.
Quote by BrianApocalypse
Who would win out of one SAS guy versus a gang of turkish hippies?

It's not going to be the hippies, is it?

What's your point?
Quote by shav0r

they still died though