I was just watching the Simpsons and I realised something amazing - Barney and Nelson look very similar!
Barney

Nelson
Last edited by shav0r at Mar 12, 2007,
Haha. Indeed they do.
<//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\>
Holy crap
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Its the style of the animation. But it doesnt matter anyway as its by far the worst cartoon on television.
PLAY UP POMPEY

POMPEY PLAY UP!

you're just jealous the US has created one of the best cartoons known to man. Just cause it didnt come out the damn UK doesn't mean it sucks.

EDIT: to rworsl...
Quote by drop-dead666
You're a retard, read Scourges posts. There is already a system folder, why do I need a system32.
No, not really. I'm a huge fan of South Park amongst others, but to put it simply, it's not funny. No matter how hard they try, it's not funny.
PLAY UP POMPEY

POMPEY PLAY UP!

you're just jealous the US has created one of the best cartoons known to man. Just cause it didnt come out the damn UK doesn't mean it sucks.

EDIT: to rworsl...

/rant
That was a rare post..

My band on:myspace facebook UG
Leeds '07 '08 '09!
I don't know the answer, or have anything funny to say, but dude that is one sweet Bulbasaur avatar
Teeth and lips are the same, that's about it though.

And i'm convinced that movie is never coming out.
Quote by campbell92
I wonder what the movie is gonna be like?

please tell me there's not a movie! Probably be crap, like most of the Simpsons episodes anyway
But moving on, they do look very similar.
I disagree with both. The Simpsons, although cheesy has its moments. Moments which I can find very funny. Secondly, I could point out things about you "damn" Yanks but I don't so lets leave out our pomous stereotype and yours to "Copy" everything and talk without nit picking. Yes they do look alike by the way.
Quote by rworsl
No, not really. I'm a huge fan of South Park amongst others, but to put it simply, it's not funny. No matter how hard they try, it's not funny.

It didn't use to be...the new Simpsons episodes are shit, but the old ones are better than Family Guy.
Quote by rworsl

I think you mean its not funny anymore.

You can't really deny that the much older episodes were absolute comic genius.

Today, however...its just rubbish. The humour has completely been dumbed-down. I'm not a fan anymore.

EDIT:

Lets Keep Nationality Out Of This, Eh?
Terms and Conditions apply.
Hahahahaha come to think of it they do lol
My Gear:
ESP LTD EC-1000 SW
ESP LTD EC 500 STBC
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Dean Razorback Two Tone
Ibanez 7 string
Randall RH150G3 Head and Cab
Quote by rworsl
Its the style of the animation. But it doesnt matter anyway as its by far the worst cartoon on television.

No true. The worst cartoon on television was, in fact, Yu-Gi-Oh.
Member of the "On the Right Track" club. PM Michelangelo193 or raise_the_dead to see if they approve of your "On the Right Track"-ness
I am Spartikus

Tremulous name: <CD>Mustang?
Simpsons > Family guy.

At least the jokes have something to do with the plot in the simpsons.

Last edited by Your Mother : Today at 03:44 PM
Clearly the Simpsons is set in two parallel dimensions and Nelson is Barney in the past. This will all be explained in the movie. Kang and Kodos will reveal their true purpose!
Quote by Mike Birbiglia
I went to the doctor, and they found something in my bladder. And whenever they find something, it's never anything good like, "We found something in your bladder AND IT'S SEASON TICKETS TO THE YANKEES!!

Do you folks like folk?
I cant see Nelson
For long you live and high you fly
But only if you ride the tide
And balanced on the biggest wave
You race toward an early grave.

Ben Hamelech
Simpsons used to be pretty good, around season 10 though they seemed to run out of ideas and the episodes I see post season 10 now tend to be utterly dreadful, devoid of ideas and subtlety and just...not funny.

The Simpsons used to be good because it didn't obviously try to be funny...it was the sort of humour that shows like Futurama, Red Dwarf and stuff like Monthy Python was so good at being effortlessly funny. Great comedy shows tend to make you laugh yet you quite don't understand fully why it's funny, it just is. Futurama and the others mentioned are so good at that...the Simpsons used to be similar (albeit to a lesser extent) but now it's just totally lost it. It tries too hard to be funny and falls a long way short of pulling it off.

When I see a post season 10 episode coming on I just turn it off these days...not worth the effort.
Quote by Metallica708
Simpsons > Family guy.

At least the jokes have something to do with the plot in the simpsons.

Amen. I still like the new Family Guy episodes. I can't stand the ones on Teletoon everynight though.
Quote by rworsl

Dude, no, everytime there's a "best 100 cartoons" show on the TV, The Simpsons is ALWAYS number 1!
Quote by urik

Homosexual sex for $200?
Be honest.
I'd do it. I think that I could stand one night with a man for the financial security of my whole life and the life of my children
And no I'm not gay. I'm 100% straight.

Quote by mesa5150
spoken like a true jew
Quote by guitaristdave
Dude, no, everytime there's a "best 100 cartoons" show on the TV, The Simpsons is ALWAYS number 1!

The Simpsons is pretty overated really.

Don't get me wrong I thought it was great it in it's prime but even then it wasn't that great.

Futurama has always been funnier and better written on the whole
Family guy isnt worthy to kiss my ass.
I always thought that Nelson was Barneys son. They have that thing if you know what i mean
Sunderland AFC
Futurama conquers all. but I agree with most of you, the Simpsons have lost their magic. lets hope its due to them putting all their good jokes in the upcoming movie,.. right? RIGHT?!
Quote by rworsl

you're from brrrra! braaaa! brrrradford! (roll all the r's)

I'm at uni there

on topic, they do look somewhat similar, however I think its just the style the cartoon is drawn in
Quote by rworsl

Yup. thats why it's also the longest running animated program in the history of television.

dumbass....
Free your mind
Quote by why1not1try
Yup. thats why it's also the longest running animated program in the history of television.

dumbass....

Was there any need for that?

Read the 'Dear UG' thread, please.
^ @Cag: I think it was justified in this case
Quote by Kensai
^ @Cag: I think it was justified in this case

Hmm.

I do love your avatar though.
Quote by why1not1try

dumbass....

It's opinion really.

Not the worst no, it was a good show in its day. One of the most overated though.
Quote by Baronvon
It's opinion really.

Not the worst no, it was a good show in its day. One of the most overated though.

Sure it's not as good as it used to, but where would we be without the simpsons? Noone would be funny and how would men create bonds?

Quote by cagnius
Hmm.

I do love your avatar though.

You wanna touch it?
Quote by Kensai
Sure it's not as good as it used to, but where would we be without the simpsons? Noone would be funny and how would men create bonds?

You wanna touch it?

Well...I'll give the Simpsons some credit...without that there probably wouldn't have been any Futurama...

Now that would have been really terrible.
Quote by Kensai
You wanna touch it?

Touch it?! I'll have it (again on Sunday)!
Quote by Baronvon
Well...I'll give the Simpsons some credit...without that there probably wouldn't have been any Futurama...

Now that would have been really terrible.

Excactly

And like I hinted in my earlier post, the simpsons was good in the beginning. Now it's just... ridicilous (sp?)

Quote by cagnius
Touch it?! I'll have it (again on Sunday)!

You never wanna touch my stuff