So I have a Marshall Dsl 401 and I am using an Ibanez Ts9dx with it. I love my tone very much but I cant seem to find a good delay pedal to compliment it. I've tryed the Behringer DD100 (because its cheap) and the Ibanez Ds-7 and both of them seem to take away from my sound. Apart from sounding like shit they take away my sustain and make my harmonics sound like ass.

So basicaly what I need is a good delay pedal that wont take anything away from my sound and will just do its job and just give me a good sounding natural delay.

I've heard good things about the Boss DD-3 so can anyone tell my me about it or give me any other recommendations?

Thanks.
My Gear:
Ibanez RG 370DX
Ibanez TS9Dx
Marshall Dsl 401

Quote by Draind
i've had my eye on the mesa boogie line, my price range is under $600.

Quote by batman123
maybe you could buy a picture of one for 600, and just pretend for awhile...

are you running it into the front of the amp or into the amp's fx loop?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I use both the Boss DD-3 and the DD-20. They are both GREAT. If you just need a simple delay, go with the DD-3. If you would like something that had a few more options, I would go with the DD-20. It's got a bunch of great Delays.
you need something with True Bypass, i think Electro-Harmonix pedals are wired that way.
check 'em out

oh, and nice sig Dave Mc
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
^
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
whats true bypass and what difference will it make if i run it into the FX Loop?
My Gear:
Ibanez RG 370DX
Ibanez TS9Dx
Marshall Dsl 401

Quote by Draind
i've had my eye on the mesa boogie line, my price range is under $600.

Quote by batman123
maybe you could buy a picture of one for 600, and just pretend for awhile...

^ the problem could be just that it'll sound better in the fx loop. Since the delay repeats notes and makes them quieter, that can affect the input signal going into your preamp tubes. the fx loop goes between the preamp and power amp, so avoids these problems.

You might be fine if you try it in the loop, and it'd save you having to buy a new pedal.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Deluxe Memory Man.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
DD-3 is has a decent reputation as a good general delay pedal. If you want something really nice, the DD-6 is supposed to be completely mint. Best thing to do is go to a guitar shop and try 'em out.
Main Gear:
Cort G-Series 254
Takamine EG345C 12-String
Fender Squier P-Bass

Peavey Classic 50
Laney HCM65B

$75 Junk Drums w/ B8 Hats/Crash/Ride
i don't see why you guys are all recommending new pedals when it could just be that not running it in the loop is what's the problem. Granted, if running it in the loop doesn't sort things, then he needs to look at new pedals. Not until he's tried it, though.

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
^I like the DMM, so I recommend it whenever.

Dave, buy a Memory Man.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
I'm just recommending good pedals in case the FX Loop isn't the solution. You already suggested it, and I know nothing about it, so I'm just saying what I know as an alternative.
Main Gear:
Cort G-Series 254
Takamine EG345C 12-String
Fender Squier P-Bass

Peavey Classic 50
Laney HCM65B

$75 Junk Drums w/ B8 Hats/Crash/Ride
Quote by R_H_C_P
^I like the DMM, so I recommend it whenever.

Dave, buy a Memory Man.

^

I was just saying in case you guys hadn't read what I'd written. If the loop thing doesn't work, then yeah, he wants to look at new pedals. I was just concerned, the way he was typing it looked like he was going straight for new pedals.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
^ the problem could be just that it'll sound better in the fx loop.

Yup!