I have a gig in about a week and my band are covering Sweet Dreams. I can play it sitting down but I can't do that at the gig, are there any tips you can give me (minus just practice my arse off, I'm doing that and it isn't helping!) on playing it standing up? I have most trouble doing the bar chords for the chorus, since my fingers are naturally bent at the fingertips.

Please help!
There's only one thing we can do to thwart the plot of these albino shape-shifting lizard BITCHES!
Just raise your strap so that your guitar hangs at the same postion as when you play sitting down.It should feel the same.I take it you normally have it slung really low?
Quote by lol2theworld
I was about to diss kornflipsk8er, but then i realized hes an 03er and im an 09er.
I am inferior to him.

Quote by metalh3ad88
I am fairly certain that kornflipsk8er is GOD!!!11!!!!1!!
No. I have it slung at the same height as I play when I sit down, I just can't get to grips with it being in a different perspective...
There's only one thing we can do to thwart the plot of these albino shape-shifting lizard BITCHES!
practice your ass off
gear:
fender mim telecaster w/ some extra stuff
Vox Ad50vt
Vox V847 Wah
Boss OS-2
Keeley Boss DS-1 Ultra
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff Pi USA
MXR Phase 90
Boss CH-1
Quote by DigUpHerBones
No. I have it slung at the same height as I play when I sit down, I just can't get to grips with it being in a different perspective...

then lower it a little... just mess around with it until it's comfortable for you
My League of Legends stream
The morning will come
In the press of every kiss
With your head upon my chest

Where I will annoy you
With every waking breath
Until you, decide to wake up
That happened to me too. I ended up switching and playing classical position. When you play classical(guitar over left knee for right hander) , your guitar is in the same position as it is when you play standing up. Its flat against you. I don't know your style, but I know that worked for me. Also make sure your arms are loose, and not too tight to your body. THat happens to me a lot. Just shake them bitchez out. Hope I can help. Good luck.
-Scott