well, ive never accually tuned a guitar to anything othert han standard myself (the otherguitar player in my band did for me) so i was wondering. using an electric tuner...how would you tune the low e string to drop d?
Well, if you tune the tuning knob for the low E string (I assume you can find this. The one the low E string is attached to), and turn it one way a little bit, and then the other, you should be able to tell if the note is getting higher or lower. D is lower then E, so you want to go in the lower direction. Most down slowly. Now, you're tuner should either have a light that flashes by D, or actually show the letter D on the screen. When this happens, you're within the "range" of a D note, but not necessarily right on it. You should have a needle on your tuner, or perhaps a series of lights in a row. Most have a needle. Either way, you want to get that needle to the very center for the D note, or perhaps the middle light in the series of lights to glow. The closer you can get it, the better.

That's the best I can do. Lemme know if you have issues.
Main Gear:
Cort G-Series 254
Takamine EG345C 12-String
Fender Squier P-Bass

Peavey Classic 50
Laney HCM65B

$75 Junk Drums w/ B8 Hats/Crash/Ride
Quote by paranoid joker
is the seventh string (assuming you have one) a d or no?

why would the 7th string be a d? the 7th string is normally B. And why would one assume that he has a 7th string?
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
Generally most people don't have 7 strings, so if you have one, you should say so. I'm not sure drop D tuning really works if you do have one... but I wouldn't really know. It's the 6th string that you're dropping from an E to a D. I have no idea what you'd do with the 7th string, other then maybe just not hitting it when you play normal drop D power chords, or maybe tuning it up to an A (but that seems odd)...
Main Gear:
Cort G-Series 254
Takamine EG345C 12-String
Fender Squier P-Bass

Peavey Classic 50
Laney HCM65B

$75 Junk Drums w/ B8 Hats/Crash/Ride
no, i only have 6 strings. i was asking because my tuner only comes up with stuff like 6e ,7b, etc...so i was wondering whered thatd go. if anyone knows