Is there any way to improve the sustain on a guitar?
Im playing throu a Cort x6 and i feel my notes are cutting shorter then
i want them to, is there anything i can do to get a bit more of a ring out?
Tiny amount of distortion maybe? If your playing clean then a mild amount of distortion will increase sustain and give a bit of crunch to your tone. That could well help.

Also vibrato, like squeeze the sound out, don't bend it just a slight quiver can do wonders and a nicer touch to your solos and such.
Ibanez S520
Yamaha Pacifica 112 with JB.Jr Neck pickup
Ibanez Custom Blazer
Peavey Bandit 112, Marshall Valvestate 20
Marshall Jackhammer, Zoom 505 effects, Boss ME-50
Boss Pw 10 V Wah
Dunlop 1.5mm Picks, D'addario standard Strings
Last edited by Diateo at Mar 12, 2007,
theres a thing i believe its called a "fat finger" and its a c clamp that attatches to the neck of your guitar, which adds mass to the headstock. it would be cheaper to go to the heardware store, and buy a small clamp there, it wont be chromed, but who cares?
Recognised by the Official Who To Listen To List 2012

Quote by steven seagull
You don't argue with tubadude on Washburn-related matters, he flosses with the G string from a set of 0.12's y'know....and it's WOUND!
Ooo i heard about those ^^^ apparently they do work, won't do much for your appearence though. Also try a peg? Might work can't say that i've tried it though. Clamp it to your headstock, cheap and easier way than that "Fat Finger" thing.

VVV There is always the thru-neck thing.
Ibanez S520
Yamaha Pacifica 112 with JB.Jr Neck pickup
Ibanez Custom Blazer
Peavey Bandit 112, Marshall Valvestate 20
Marshall Jackhammer, Zoom 505 effects, Boss ME-50
Boss Pw 10 V Wah
Dunlop 1.5mm Picks, D'addario standard Strings
compressor pedal, my sustain is insane (rhyme lol) and it doesnt change the tone at all, or get a better guitar with better wood or thru neck
I get my sustain from my Tubescreamer in combination with my gain. Gives me sustain for days.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay