I wanted to know if all the strat bodies were the same, such as the american deluxe, the vintage, and the reissues were all the same shape, or were there any difference? I'm asking because I'm looking into building a custom strat by purchasing all the parts, and PROBABLY going to send it to a luthier to place it all together, however, I was also wondering if anyone knew any sites that gives you a step-by-step procedure to building your own strat..?

thanks. I know they're dumb questions, but i'm somewhat of a noob when it comes to strat info.
well i think all the american ones should be, seeing as they use the same machine for everything.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

The obscenely young leader of the Laney Cult

Member of the EHX Guild
and if i were to buy a vintage / reissue guitar, could i mod it to be specced exactly like an american deluxe? I'm really asking because the lack of color choices with the deluxe strats, I want a different color strat, which is why I was looking into buying seperate parts.
When you buy all the parts and then get a luthier to put it together isn't 'building your own guitar'.

At any rate, check you the GB&C forums. Tons of good people over there to answer your questions.
Quote by Y00p
When you buy all the parts and then get a luthier to put it together isn't 'building your own guitar'.

At any rate, check you the GB&C forums. Tons of good people over there to answer your questions.

yeah, i know i'm not REALLY building my own guitar, i have no knowledge of doing so.
Quote by RMMcNl
and if i were to buy a vintage / reissue guitar, could i mod it to be specced exactly like an american deluxe? I'm really asking because the lack of color choices with the deluxe strats, I want a different color strat, which is why I was looking into buying seperate parts.

yeah you could, the parts should all fit. why dont you buy an american deluxe and spray it? actually, i think that might cost more.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

The obscenely young leader of the Laney Cult

Member of the EHX Guild