So my art teacher gave me a copy of Wilco's new Sky Blue Sky album, and let me tell you, it is amazing. It is the same lineup from Kicking Television: Jeff Tweedy (Guitar/Vocals), John Stirrat (Bass/Vocals), Glenn Kotche (Drums), Pat Sansome (Multi-Instrumentalist), and Nels Cline, an amazing guitarist and great addition to the already great lineup. I can't quite say that Sky Blue Sky is better than YHF, but it's definetly one of their best. It can be described as the sound of YHF minus the experimental noise with a blend of AGIB's piano-driven songwriting, plus great guitar playing. Please, discuss.
Call me Steve. All the cool kids are doin it.
Quote by crazynickman

Step One: Wake up in the LATE AFTERNOON
Step Two: Roll around in garbage and lyrical genius
Instant Bob Dylan.
Last edited by STRAT811 at Mar 12, 2007,
i like it, but i feel like it is not as cohesive a piece of art as yhf or agib
^Definetly not compared to YHF, but I think it's superior to AGIB.
Call me Steve. All the cool kids are doin it.
Quote by crazynickman

Step One: Wake up in the LATE AFTERNOON
Step Two: Roll around in garbage and lyrical genius
Instant Bob Dylan.
No, I must say that SBS doesn't hold up to AGIB. A great album. But A Ghost Is Born was filled with great songs and was pretty cohesive.

Now, SBS has taken me a while to get used to. It's lacking the element of space that Wilco has had before. But I'm sure the songs sound bigger live. I saw them live, "Impossible Germany" and "Walken" sound great live. I wish they had kept "Let's Not Get Carried Away," it could've helped the album which is lacking any type of rock songs. AGIB had "Theologians" and "Spiders (Kidsmoke)." YHF was never boring.