This weekend I went camping, but before i left, i went into the local store. and i played some washburn basses.

i first played a Washburn T25 bass. first thing that popped into mind was "warwick bass" very similar feel, less the price, and some of the weight. neck was near spot on to a warwick, had the feel and playability. so if you want a warwick for under 500, this is it i personally wouldnt get one, but it is quite nice.
http://www.washburn.com/products/basses/t24t25.aspx

then a Washburn CB14 http://www.washburn.com/products/basses/classic.aspx
the top was a spalted maple, and was very light, had the weight of a strat, which was weird for a bass. but nice neck, smaller, like a SR5xx line. it looks pretty good in person, unlike the picture. the bridge was nice and heavy, had great sustain, slap tone was okay, but overall, nice bass, dont dig the shape that much, but overall, great bass.

Then the bass that i will probably get next, a WB66 http://www.washburn.com/products/basses/wb66.aspx

this neck is nice and smooth, small, but not too small. string spacing was perfect for slap, great slap tone, upper fret access was awesome, nice inlays, pup selector which isnt too common basses. overall, i love it, looking it to be my next bass.

( i also played a few guitars, but not long enough to care)

i also hear some guy butchering purple haze, i wanted to go over there and hurt him, but the owner of the shop was there talking to him, which he was spewing some

discuss. . .
Recognised by the Official Who To Listen To List 2012

Quote by steven seagull
You don't argue with tubadude on Washburn-related matters, he flosses with the G string from a set of 0.12's y'know....and it's WOUND!
Yeah they look very Warwick-ish and for the difference in price, they look great value. I certainly wouldn't hesitate in getting one of those Washburns if I needed a new bass and the price was right. Although i'm not TOO keen on the T24 and 25 bodies- just preference.

As for the WB66 it looks very interesting. Les paul-ish but also has it's own style- it may grow on me.
signature
^its based off their idol guitar line. which are very nice too. the pilsen lines have 2 1/4" thick mahagony bodies. nick cantanese uses them. and in boogie street, they are known as "les paul killers"

Quote by steven seagull
You don't argue with tubadude on Washburn-related matters, he flosses with the G string from a set of 0.12's y'know....and it's WOUND!
The CB series looks intriguing. I'm going to see if any of the local stores are getting some in.

I have to say, Washburn has really picked up the ball and run with it in the past few years as far as quality and vision goes. I used to have a bit of disdain for most Washburn instruments, but not anymore.
Quote by MetalUpTheAss
Sounds to me like an excuse.

"Honey, I've got to buy a new bass! This diamond is made of a dead guy! I made him a promise!"

Most Bitter/Cynical member of the Bass Militia. PM DinkyDaisy to join.
If a bass doesn't have an Ovangkol neck and a Wenge fingerboard, it ain't nothing like no Warwick.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Quote by thefitz
If a bass doesn't have an Ovangkol neck and a Wenge fingerboard, it ain't nothing like no Warwick.

Gah, triple negative! *cowers in fear*
Quote by MetalUpTheAss

"Honey, I've got to buy a new bass! This diamond is made of a dead guy! I made him a promise!"

Quote by thefitz

but first thing i thought of when i played that bass is "warwick neck" it had the same feel. granted, its mohagany and maple, but feels like a warwick

and technically, its a double, correctly, it would be

Quote by steven seagull
Nope, it's a triple. AIN'T NOTHING like NO Warwick.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
ah, my bad.

i guess i cant count no more. . . .

Quote by steven seagull
whats that buzz tuning system about? i read it and all it seems to say is that the nut is adjusted to correct intonation, but shouldnt that be the case on any quality instrument?
^its more noticable on guitars than basses IME.

but it mounts the nut differently, if it comes stock, nothing looks different, it keeps the G string from going sharp, and every note on the fretboard is in tune. like the earvana nut, but alot more versatile. http://www.buzzfeiten.com/

but all three of my gutiars/basses with the BFTS are perfectly intonated, i havnt had to adjust it at all, even going from .009's to .012's on one of my guitars.

Quote by steven seagull
I've got my heart set on the Washburn AB10 accoustic-electric right now. I wish I had the $600 for one, but I don't. It was a complete fluke that I played one too. I was at GC one day and they just happened to have a used one in. They usually don't have much, if any accoustic basses, much less a Washburn. I was plesently surprised to find that it actually was audable even unplugged, which seems to be a problem on a lot of accoustic basses. That one played and sounded very nice. I want one
Now introducing: thefitz: thegame. It's what all the cool kids are playing!

For rules and details please see thefitz's signature. Fett13 Inc. is not responsible for any injuries or loss of life resulting from thefitz: thegame
©2008 Fett13 Inc.
^they had the ab45 at this store, but it had papers in the strings, and what not, so i didnt play it, but it was quite loud.

washburn has more of a reputation in the acoustic world than electric.

Quote by steven seagull
^ The only ABG I'd ever consider buying is the Tacoma Thundercheif. It has such a round, thick sound. It's perfect.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
Camping for a weekend?

Backpack man, backpack.
Ernie Ball Musicman Stingray > Digitech BP200 > Gallien Krueger 400RBIII/115

Co-President of the fIREHOSE fANCLUB. PM Me, Tedrick, or Incubus_Science to join.

Quote by crazypeanutman

damn yertle, you got some groove
Quote by Yertle
Camping for a weekend?

Backpack man, backpack.

huh?

Quote by steven seagull
Quote by thefitz

If a bass doesn't have a Wenge neck and Wenge fretboard, it ain't nothin' like no REAL Warwick.

The Idol bass looks like Neckdive City.
haha
washburn has bad luck with pictures on their site.

the guitars always look better in person. the bass isnt as weird looking in person, looks quite balanced. but ive dug the long neck to body thing. like bootsy's space bass

Quote by steven seagull
Well, the top horn ends at like... the 16th fret... and the headstock looks pretty big... IMO looks divey.
haha
Quote by thefitz

quadruple negative?
Then that would read if a bass DOES have an Ovangkol neck and Wenge Fingerboard, it IS SOMETHING like A Warwick, which is still the same thing.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
Quote by MetalUpTheAss
Well, the top horn ends at like... the 16th fret... and the headstock looks pretty big... IMO looks divey.

19th fret or 20th, hard to tell

Quote by steven seagull
Quote by tubadude
19th fret or 20th, hard to tell

17th, actually.

EDIT: I think you interpreted where "the top horn ends" as meaning where it joins the neck. MetalUpTheAss was likely referring to where the horn itself ends.

And to whoever mentioned a quadruple negative, no. Only the part after the comma counts
Quote by MetalUpTheAss

Last edited by canadianpunk071 at Mar 14, 2007,
unless i cant count 5 times in a row, the bass has 24 frets, i zoomed it up and it looks like it ends around the 18th, and it meets between the 20th and 21st fret.

Quote by steven seagull
Quote by tubadude
unless i cant count 5 times in a row, the bass has 24 frets, i zoomed it up and it looks like it ends around the 18th, and it meets between the 20th and 21st fret.

*laughing pretty hard* TOP horn, man. The one with the strap button.
Quote by MetalUpTheAss

meh, i cant count, but i cant read

besides, would that be considered a horn? i would call it a hump

Quote by steven seagull
Well, whatever it is (In a single cut it's where the top part means the body) it ends way too far. The reason boutique single cuts look so weird is because the top "horn" or section has to meet the body at about the 12th fret. Which is why most Fender-esque instruments end around there w/ the top horn. It gives better balance. Which is why Gibson Thunderbirds fail @ balance, usually.
haha