I covered Blizkrieg's Blitzkrieg.

Here is some information about the recording before I post the link
First, I'm a rhythm guitarist in my band, so don't expect much from the lead.
I'm at my angry mother in law's place.. so the vocals are shit because I tried to be quiet.
The bass and drums are midi.

http://www.purevolume.com/dakkstardarkling

Hope you enjoy.
LOL@UR GERE!!!1 HURRZ MINE!
Customized Gibson Explorer (Alternative 8)
LTD mp-600
Charvel/Esp hybrid (Alnico 2 pro)
Line 6 Pod X3 Live

Coming Soon: EngL StH Limited Edition
i totally loved it actually, the vocals are really cool but not really loud, solo also pretty good
Hey thanks everyone.

To Merten:
Yeah I didn't put the vocals too high in the mix. I figured I did a pretty poor job vocally so I kept them pretty low.
I appreciate all good comments on my lead playing. I'm still really new to attempting lead guitar. In my band the lead guitarist almost NEVER lets me do any lead. He taught me a few leads for like "Am I Evil?" I practiced them day and night and he still never lets me have a change to play them when we play live. So I'm learning on my own.

To :
That's awesome. I don't know that band to well. I want to hear more of their music, but alas I live in a small little town where I can't get anything but rap... there's not even an official cd store anymore. There's like a corner store. That's totally cool you got to talk to the band. I myself have not been so lucky to talk to any bands I like.

To Metal Militia15:
Thank you, very much appreciated.
LTD mp-600
Line 6 Pod X3 Live

To AMGram:
Thank you, but as for the vocals. I wasn't too happy with how they sounded afterwards, but I figured it would be a bit bland without them so I just put them in, but low in the mix.

To ChaseNbadguys:
Thanks, I was actually pretty happy with how my guitaring turned out. I'm pretty much completely out of practice, as the lead parts I'm glad you think they were done well considering I'm just a rhythm guitarist. Yeah I know the vocals suck
LTD mp-600
Line 6 Pod X3 Live

I personally your Blitzkrieg cover was pretty awesome, the only problem is that the vocal'should be be turned up. Other than that Well done.

P.s i also think your MCR cover is great.
Yeah, The vocals seem to be the one thing that ruins it. Haha. I'll probably redo them and repost or something soon.
Haha, I did that MCR cover because it was like the only active contest thread I saw at the time. I'm not really a fan, but I'm hoping to win the contest aswell as every other contest I'm in.
LTD mp-600
Line 6 Pod X3 Live

Very good!
But yeah the only problem is the almost-not-hearable vocals.
Im sorry vocals are waay too low. they are barely audible. they are usually mixed slightly higher than all the instruments.
that was a pretty sweet cover! The tone was great and the recording was great as well! you are a pretty darn good guitarist! How long have you been playing? Nice job on the solo as well! Yeah the vocals were low as said before but i thought the vocals were pretty cool. nice job overall!
Quote by XoP
that was a pretty sweet cover! The tone was great and the recording was great as well! you are a pretty darn good guitarist! How long have you been playing? Nice job on the solo as well! Yeah the vocals were low as said before but i thought the vocals were pretty cool. nice job overall!

Hah, wow. It's quite a rush to get such a positive review.
Seriously the reason I learned to play was to not only make
myself happy but hopefully inspire or get other's pumped up
and such. I've been playing since I was thirteen off and on
I've never been too dedicated to practice. I'm a slacker. The
songs I write are super simple, but yeah I figured this would
be the song to do up, high energy and plus I thought people
would love to hear it being covered as much as I would.
Yeah the vocals are extremely low. I wasn't happy with them.
I figured without vocals it would be bland though. So I left them
in there. It's not often I get the house to myself so I can do proper
vocal tracks.

Thank you for the comment on the tone. I take pride in my tone.
So many others just sound like KSE these days. I love the marshall
tone even if it's emulated through a POD.

So yeah.. I've been playing

9 years...((what the funk!! that's longer than I thought)) off and on.
LTD mp-600
Line 6 Pod X3 Live

yeah the guitar playing is good. nice and tight. I really like the overall tone although it's a little dark in the mix. could be brightened up just a little bit with EQ to make it a little crisper.

heh, your vocals being pushed real far back in the mix like that... reminds me of my first few recordings. I hated hearing my own voice so I always buried it in the mix. I got used to it though and started putting it up to where people could hear it clearly for better or worse. usually for worse, heh.

but yeah, bring those vocals up. at least a little. as it is they're almost inaudible. from what I CAN hear they really don't seem to be too bad.
Quote by warren_w
yeah the guitar playing is good. nice and tight. I really like the overall tone although it's a little dark in the mix. could be brightened up just a little bit with EQ to make it a little crisper.

heh, your vocals being pushed real far back in the mix like that... reminds me of my first few recordings. I hated hearing my own voice so I always buried it in the mix. I got used to it though and started putting it up to where people could hear it clearly for better or worse. usually for worse, heh.

but yeah, bring those vocals up. at least a little. as it is they're almost inaudible. from what I CAN hear they really don't seem to be too bad.

Nah, I have nothing against my vocals. I'm proud of my singing capabilities. I just didn't like how they sounded on this song, because I KNOW I could have done better. I like my guitar tone the way it is. It's the tone I've been hunting for for years.
But yeah the mixing is the worst part. My real music can be found on my myspace page.... this is just cover stuff. It's of little importance to me Haha..
Thank you for your critique though.
LTD mp-600
Line 6 Pod X3 Live

Yeh i really liked it, an awsome diomond head cover i couldn't really hear the vocals well but they sound pretty good. i see you have a pod to you seem to of got a good tone from it so cool awsome solo. i'm not a mcr fan but still it was a good cover... so in all great work dude.
Gear:

Guitars:
Jackson King
Ibanez GRG170DX
Replica Stratocaster
Acoustic Crafter

Amp:
Practice Amp

Accesories:
POD X3
POD 2.0
Aria Wah Pedal
Quote by Angry_again_666
Yeh i really liked it, an awsome diomond head cover i couldn't really hear the vocals well but they sound pretty good. i see you have a pod to you seem to of got a good tone from it so cool awsome solo. i'm not a mcr fan but still it was a good cover... so in all great work dude.

It's a Blizkrieg cover actually. Thank you. the pod tone is pretty easy if you know what you're looking for. I spent about 10 seconds to get it.
Thanks for the MCR cover comment. I'm not a fan either. It was the only active contest when I joined this site...... so yeah I wanted to enter any contest I could.
LTD mp-600
Line 6 Pod X3 Live