Page 1 of 2
Disturbed, sevendust, rob zombie type stuff...

Thx
"I don't want to be hostile. I don't want to be dismal.
But I don't want to rot in an apathetic existence either.
"
-Maynard

| |
Thought that was more of the Ozzy / Megadeth amp?
"
-Maynard

| |
Marshall Mode 4.
Quote by Gaz_m2k5
Now when people say "Congratulations, I heard you just had a baby" you can say "Thanks! It was delicious."

/#1 reason for having a kid.

PSN: YosemiteSam13
Quote by not Jason
i don't think marshall would be good for you bad taste in music

How dare you judge based on taste in music. I swear UG is attracting some of the stupidest moronic type of imbeciles... Just blows my mind how retarded some peoples kids are... Your parents must be proud.

DAMN, find a hobby son.... and stop trolling.
"
-Maynard

| |
Quote by MrSandMan
How dare you judge based on taste in music. I swear UG is attracting some of the stupidest moronic type of imbeciles... Just blows my mind how retarded some peoples kids are... Your parents must be proud.

DAMN, find a hobby son.... and stop trolling.
hey, he joined in 2007- he's bound to be an arrogant fool /stereotyping (not that im much better haha)

how about a JVM??
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Quote by Yngwi3
hey, he joined in 2007- he's bound to be an arrogant fool /stereotyping (not that im much better haha)

how about a JVM??

JVM are pricey.

And I certainly hope that n00b gets a perma-ban. His day is coming! People like him ruin it for the good people who wants to have intelligent and serious conversations about guitars and gear.
"
-Maynard

| |
hmm yeah i guess seeing as they're pretty new- how much you got to spend?
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
^ so can guys like you who take it to seriously and make mountians out of mole hills.

who ever said the mode 4, that's a good one for nu-metal.

that or the TSL 100.

but in the end, i don't think marshall is the right direction to go for this...
Quote by ClassicAxe

consider anything derek suggests, He IS a gain VVhore you know
Quote by jj1565
derek, will you go out wt me?

President Gain Whore -group on profile
I agree marshall is not the amp for numetal. it can do it and the Mode four is your best bet or the DSl but in reality "The Nu-Metal Amp" is the Mesa rectifier
Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - pm gpderek09 to join
syn: or randall mts.
Quote by ClassicAxe

Quote by jj1565

Quote by gpderek09
^ so can guys like you who take it to seriously and make mountians out of mole hills.

who ever said the mode 4, that's a good one for nu-metal.

that or the TSL 100.

but in the end, i don't think Marshall is the right direction to go for this...

Yah, I should ignore the troll... I lost my composure back there...

Back to the thread, I'm looking for diversity... and I like how much a used TSL sell for vs the Recto are way overpriced.
"
-Maynard

| |
you could get a single recto.
Quote by ClassicAxe

Quote by jj1565

ya the TSL is much better priced but derek is right a randall would be great for it to alot of the numetal band did switch to the Randall Vmax
Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - pm gpderek09 to join
Slipknot use Vox, although I'm not sure of which model.

Just to be a dick I must suggest, the best amp for numetal (and emptyveemo) is none at all.
Quote by STABxYOU
Slipknot use Vox, although I'm not sure of which model.

Just to be a dick I must suggest, the best amp for numetal (and emptyveemo) is none at all.

No?
Epiphone Goth Les Paul Studio
Ibanez SA120
Peavey Raptor EXP
Takamine Electric Acoustic
Boss CS-3
Boss DD-6
Boss TU-2
Boss MT-2 (For use with my Vox)
MXR M-108 10-Band Eq
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Peavey JSX Head
Vox AD50VT
^ Yes?

Im not 100% if they indeed use or used or just glanced at Vox but the dude from slipknot thanked Vox for their anniversary and all the other players who thanked Vox use them.

Edit. Here it is, its Jim Root that uses Vox and well... He doesnt use an amp he uses the tonelab.

http://www.voxamps.co.uk/artists/jimRoot.asp
Last edited by Chinomaster182 at Mar 12, 2007,
i'd say wait and see what the new jvm is like... other than that, maybe tsl, or look at some other companies?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
i highly doubt a metal band like sliknot used a vox... but anyway for new metal if your looking for a tube stack and can throw out the cash, check out *USED* 6505's, save up for the new jvm's heard they were pretty good or look into a used duel recto but for the "nu-metal" hardcore stuff i wouldnt suggest a jcm marshall unless its a souped up 800 or something
So the JCM isn't 'my' amp.

6505 isn't my amp either... Maybe I should save for the recto.
"
-Maynard

| |
^sells for $2500 bones. I wont be getting that amp for years to come.
"
-Maynard

| |
jvm heads are not 2500 bones theyre around $1700 at musiciansfriend.com...well yea i guess you need a cab haha or get a cheap ass avatar but yea i guess itll be around 2300-2500 "bones"
They use(d) a Marshall G100CD in Rob Zombie which is a solid state and really industrial sounding amp. Not to mention it's very cheap. Or seek out an Ampeg VH140C, it's pretty much the Roland JC of SS distorted amps.
Why the 6505 hate? It's got plenty of low end for Nu Metal...
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
None at all... so wrong and over used..... but what the hell:

BWAHAHAHAHA! That is clearly the funniest thing all day :p.
I say if you can't rip the audience a new one without an amp, U AN'T NU-METAL! lol
or another bad taste joke:
Nu-Metal: Get the Marshall MG!!!! IT'S GOT CRUSHING GAIN! It's got Mega Gain!!!! WOOTZORZ I SH!TE ON UR DOG POO!

In all seriousness... i wouldn't know, I don't listen to anything but music .... (listen to me!, I sound like a masive prick!)
"grateful is he who plays with open fingers" - Me

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

DO NOT CLICK HERE!
John 5 uses the Marshall Mode 4
Epiphone LP Classic, LP Tribute+
Fender MIM Strat
Fender Blues Junior
Marshall Class 5 Head, 1960a Cabinet
Carvin G412T
Fulltone OCD
Boss DS-1, SD-1 & DM-2
EHX Metal Muff
Dunlop Crybaby
Danelectro Fab Chorus
Digitech Whammy
I do not own a JVM, but all the soundclips I have heard and the numerous people I have talked to about them who now own them or have played them all confirm: the JVM is pretty much a more versatile DSL/TSL. It can do a lot of tones, some of them quite well, others not so much, from past Marshall amps, but here is the thing - there has never been a Marshall made that does tones like you described. So I'm not even going to argue whether the JVM is a great amp or not - I'm just going to argue that it cannot (and was not made to) do the tones of the bands you listed. For those tones I would recommend a Recto, a 5150, or an Engl of some sort.
PM Me for any help you need with recording systems/tips
Quote by BrianApocalypse
Good call

Man, you should be a mod, you know everything.

mesa dual recto
genz benz
riviera
soldano
krank
bogner
engl
diezel

not marshall (i know through experience)
Thanks for all the replies guys...

Does Black Label Society use Marshall? I like their tone.
"
-Maynard

| |
Yes, a Marshall JCM800 I believe.
Quote by BrianApocalypse
Good call

Quote by Moonshine12
i highly doubt a metal band like sliknot used a vox...

Well you can doubt it, but then you'll be wrong, Jim Root uses one.
okay.........
I dont think marshall is the right way to go for numetal/disturbed/california rock. First off there are some exceptions, zakk wylde uses jcm 800's , papa roach, and tom morelo all use jcm 800's. they all get screaming awesome tone.
I have a mesa dual rectifier and i dont know how much better it gets than that for disturbed/311/unwriten law/ evanescence/alice in chains/ lamb of god/ nickelback type music.
marshall solid states and mg series suck ass dont listen to that guy.
On the other hand, we have peavey 6505 which is good for the contraversial genre called emo rock. The peavey xxx is good too maybe not too good for you.
Randall and Krank are leaning a little towards the metal side.
Mesa has good cleans too.
Marshalls are good amps especially the jcm 800 but i think they perform better with classic rock. Jvm is a piece of shit dont even look at it.
Mesa boogie can at least make four channel amps with loads of features that dont break within a month.
do your self a favor and go play some of these major amps I/we have listed in this thread.
oh, i keep seeing,
-slipknot
-as i lay dying
on the KRANK amps list in guitar world magazine. You guys say they use vox?
Also as i lay dyning is on the mesa boogie roster too!
as i lay dying tone is pure recto attitude with souped up gain. I dont see how its possible.
Quote by schecterboy3000
okay.........
I dont think marshall is the right way to go for numetal/disturbed/california rock. First off there are some exceptions, zakk wylde uses jcm 800's , papa roach, and tom morelo all use jcm 800's. they all get screaming awesome tone. I have a mesa dual rectifier and i dont know how much better it gets than that for disturbed/311/unwriten law/ evanescence/alice in chains/ lamb of god/ nickelback type music.
marshall solid states and mg series suck ass dont listen to that guy.
On the other hand, we have peavey 6505 which is good for the contraversial genre called emo rock. The peavey xxx is good too maybe not too good for you.
Randall and Krank are leaning a little towards the metal side.
Mesa has good cleans too.
Marshalls are good amps especially the jcm 800 but i think they perform better with classic rock. Jvm is a piece of shit dont even look at it.
Mesa boogie can at least make four channel amps with loads of features that dont break within a month.
do your self a favor and go play some of these major amps I/we have listed in this thread.

Their 800's are prolly modded, huh?
"
-Maynard

| |
#1 Papa Roach uses a JCM900 not 800 at least last I checked, but the other bands are correct. You really need to get it modded or use a boost with it to get a heavier nu metal tone - I have one and have tried many times to get a nu metal tone out of it - it just can't really stock.
#2 I cannot recommend Kranks - they are some of the worst sounding most overpriced amps I have ever heard. I know it has almost become cliche to rag on Krank, but it was suggested so I feel I must speak up. There is almost always a better deal than a Krank - and I think many of the senior guys here will back that up.
Quote by BrianApocalypse
Good call

man i thought you already have a Mesa F50 and a damn Peavey XXX! You should be able to get good tones outta those...

Anyway, the JCM900, JCM2000 are good for metal. Also the sig Kerry King JCM800.

to the guy who says slipknot uses vox!

They use Rivera Knuckleheads!
When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.
-Jimi Hendrix
Last edited by mw7 at Mar 12, 2007,
Page 1 of 2