Hey. I'm thinkin about gettin a Spider II 75 watt. I know pretty much everyone around here hates them. So don't post if you don't own one. If you do, tell me what you like about it and what you hate cuz I've played it and I love it.

80th best UGer
i own a spider 3, it it ok, but really for as much money as it costs for the any of them there are alot of amps out there which are way better.

for example if you get the 75 its $300 and for that much you could afford a full blow tube amp.

even for the 15 or 30 you would be much better off getting a vox AD, it even does metal better
Gear:
Carvin Bolt-T -> Line 6 DL-4 -> Danelectro Fish and Chips -> Homemade Fuzz -> Epiphone Valve Junior Combo -> Amplitube and Guitar Rig.
so... uhhh i have a question, title says Spider III, but in your post you say Spider II... just thought i point out the confusion... which one is it? ... if its the three, i cant help ya, havent tried one, but i do own the 75 watt spider II and i use it as a practice amp around the house. if you wanna use a real high gain sound its great but otherwise keep lookin.
MY RIG:

Gibson Explorer '73 reissue, Classic White
Schecter Blackjack S1
Crate Stack

Thats noise violation in a box!
my next door neighbour USED to own one- it was terrible, even he admits it now, and ive tried the Spider II (and now it's out, the III) whilst in guitar shops whilst testing products.

The thing is my fine fickeled fellow, is you're asking for peoples opinion who own them. People who DONT own them, dont own them because they actually know better and have an ear for tone- whereas the owners of them who post here are going to say "z0mG!!1! sTfU N0oB! LinE 6 SpIDeRs OOOWn Do0d!! but they say that because they dont want to admit they've bought a pile of crap- go and try some decent amps- we can help you if you state the genres you play and how much you have to spend
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
i have to admit that i dont own one. however i have played the spider II extensively because i was looking into getting one a while back.

i play mostly metal but dabble in alot of other stuff.

i found all the settings very digital and well to sterile. the cleans were okish, and the rock had no tubish warmth to it at all. and the metal settings were well too fuzzy and not enough bite to them.

to be honest you should look at the roland Cube 60 or the Vox AD50VT. they have alot better sounds and are cheaper i think
My Rig:
Maverick F-1, Ibanez RG1527, Schecter Omen 8
Marshall JVM 410H,
Hand built 4x12 w/ V30s
Current board:
PXL LIVE
TU2
WHAMMY IV
MXR M132
MXR M101
TIMMY
NS2
MXR M108
XOTIC EP
TC DREAMSCAPE
DL8
i really like it. i dont actually own one, but ive played them a couple of times. pretty good for metal and hard rock
Nerdo-sez-bo wrote:

Bon Jovi can just **** off really.

Life is one big question when your starin at the clock
And the answers always waiting at the liquor store, 40 oz to Freedom
Ooops. Yeah It's a Spider III not a II. Spider III. I really don't wanna spend opver 300, and I know i'm getting it, I just wanna know what yall think.

80th best UGer
why do you know you're getting it? why dont you take the advice of the majority of UG which is a great source of knowlege and actually get a good amp?
Quote by Pookie6

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Cuz it's a good modeling amp and it has lots of effects I like and I don't wanna spend 300 bucks ona 5 watt amp that I can barely hear.

80th best UGer
...but it isnt...it just isnt, and the effects sound OVER digitalised- a roland cube or Vox valvetronix ARE good modelling amps

edit: i guess you got $300 yeah?

edit 2: saw the word "bucks" my bad lol

edit 3: for $45 more you can get a cube 60 http://www.zzounds.com/item--ROLCUBE60 and im sure that other places in the US will sell it cheaper, i just dont know many american sites/shops
Quote by Pookie6

Quote by uk.mace

Last edited by Yngwi3 at Mar 12, 2007,
LOL

mate a 5 watt tube amp will most likely be alot louder than that crap.

$300 could get alot better amps than a spider 3

honestly man get a cube 60 or an AD50VT cos they will sound alot better and are probably cheeper too.

listen to Yngwi3 aswell. people on here know what they are talking about. and will not try and bullshit you.

i just have one more thing to ask/say... if you love it that much why are you ashing people on here for their oppinions? if you dont want to listen to people advice, why ask?
My Rig:
Maverick F-1, Ibanez RG1527, Schecter Omen 8
Marshall JVM 410H,
Hand built 4x12 w/ V30s
Current board:
PXL LIVE
TU2
WHAMMY IV
MXR M132
MXR M101
TIMMY
NS2
MXR M108
XOTIC EP
TC DREAMSCAPE
DL8
Quote by loki_lulamen
LOL

mate a 5 watt tube amp will most likely be alot louder than that crap.

$300 could get alot better amps than a spider 3

honestly man get a cube 60 or an AD50VT cos they will sound alot better and are probably cheeper too.

listen to Yngwi3 aswell. people on here know what they are talking about. and will not try and bullshit you.

i just have one more thing to ask/say... if you love it that much why are you ashing people on here for their oppinions? if you dont want to listen to people advice, why ask?

word
Quote by Pookie6

Quote by uk.mace