Ive been playing guitar for about 10 months and i have started to play with my friends lately, but i really dont like it cus one of my friends, who is kinda good at playing , everytime i play it feels like hes looking at me and thinking 'man he really sucks'. And it feels like hes always comparing himself to me even thought hes been playing a year longor than me, and it kinda bugs me. Hes always tring to show off infront of me, and ive noticed that he doesnt like when im playing guitar, like he doesnt want any competition. What should i do.
tell him to **** off. I know people like that and its seriously annoying.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
use him man, ask him stuff, make him feel wise. but the truely wise ask questions
practice something really hard and show him up. He wont show off after that
playing with other musicians isnt a bad thing. You can learn a lot by jamming with friends. And if it is really buggin you, ask him to help you out or show you a few things.

LTD EX-351
Peavey 5150 head
Marshall 1960A
Boss NS-2 Noise Supressor
BBE 482i Sonic Maximizer
Quote by add666
practice something really hard and show him up. He wont show off after that

+1
He's a dick. Don't woryy about him, and DON'T let him make you stop playing.
I'm a person.
Learn something hard, then learn it again, only with your teeth.

Him = no more showing off
Save a drum, Bang a drummer!

Quote by Dragatear
You guys are REALLY strict. Worse than neopets.

Quote by Tyler Wright
cokesodanotdrug, your a bitch.
Quote by MoBscene
use him man, ask him stuff, make him feel wise. but the truely wise ask questions

Agreed.

Theres no such thing as 'looking' like a clueless dumbass, because usually, a clueless dumbass, really is clueless. Which isn't a bad thing. Because we are talking about Ignorance here. You have to start somewhere. Don't feel like just because hes your 'friend' that you'll look uncool asking him about tips, and how to do stuff, and just having open minds about it. He's played longer than you, of course he's better.
You ask him questions, you get where you want to be, Faster. You dont't ask him questions, you have to do it on your own. Which is okay too I guess, but.. why?
Anyway, there is also the fact that you could ask him things, and he doesnt want to tell you, or something along those lines. In that case, you definitely dont need to worry about anything. That's his problem.
Quote by unholy_love

Heres a pic

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\My Pictures\l_4b1d93e35491409dadee6959b15a8993.jpg

I hope that link works but if not tell me.

Last edited by MyTar at Mar 12, 2007,
Quote by MoBscene

+1

knowledge talks, wisdom listens. (i think hendrix said that for some reason)
Quote by rabidguitarist
I know people like that and its seriously annoying.

+1 and when you mess up a wrong note or something hey try to act all significant and shit
My Gear:
ESP LTD EC-1000 SW
ESP LTD EC 500 STBC
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Dean Razorback Two Tone
Ibanez 7 string
Randall RH150G3 Head and Cab
I agree...

Lol but seriously... I have a friend like that too, he's much better than me and always has been. But becuase I watched him and asked him questions, I'm a lot better than I would've been had I not known him. Although, he usually likes to play stuff that I can't and thus I hate jamming with him, I usually learn something new when I do.
Free your mind
W$ð´±(RˁªÊ’J«™Æ„º«d¾¼LO8+L‹¬5
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Last edited by SomeoneYouKnew at Mar 12, 2007,
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
NIUI4Vÿ4óœ¾4;‹ÒK+X-ÐÉnpô·D³KÑ4*º¯GP‰,»\´±`°þÜ'ÓP2öxËRÑèÎìV;ïU=*{BË^)[©5U÷•ÞðNðõÃðƉ®5qâ-,3²žâò!a

what the hell. looks like someone found the character map.
Quote by LadyHellraiser
chances are, when he was still a beginner, he had to deal with someone like he is now, so he's getting his dues. Its a vicious cycle.

Very good point, it's just like picking on the freshman at high school.

My advice is to learn something he can't do, which if he's only been palying for about 2 years is alot. Sweeping, tapping, and fingerpicking are all options.
Dickless.
Last edited by MetalMilitia212 at Mar 12, 2007,
He might be just watching ya for time changes, like maybe making sure that you or him are in sink with the cord changes what not... might be even doing this for his on benefit.
I wouldn't worry about it to much just play your best and with confidences... enjoy the jamming and have fun with it, that's what it really about.
You will only get better form this experience