I`m from Europe (Croatia), so sorry because of my bad english...
I have problems when I bend strings on my electric guitar! Somehow my finger always get in touch with strings above on the fret and it makes terrible noise. What should I do?
Quote by littlewing2
I`m from Europe (Croatia), so sorry because of my bad english...
I have problems when I bend strings on my electric guitar! Somehow my finger always get in touch with strings above on the fret and it makes terrible noise. What should I do?

Don't worry, your English isn't bad at all. Try bending with three fingers. You should bend the string with your ring finger(I think), then use the 2 fingers behind it(middle and index), to push up the string also.
Be cool.
when i bend up on a string, i push my finger under the string above it, and i can bend back without the other string making any noise by being careful and letting it go back slowly as i'm bending back... that's worded a bit weird, so if you need me to clarify, i will

EDIT: keep your finger under the string above until it's back in place
My League of Legends stream
The morning will come
In the press of every kiss
With your head upon my chest

Where I will annoy you
With every waking breath
Until you, decide to wake up
Last edited by SOADrox429 at Mar 12, 2007,
Yes you`re right about that, I came to the same conclusion.....but when I play the string above gets mixed with other string above that one! So then the two strings above the string I bend are making noise by touching one another!! I can avoid that when I play some soft and slow solos like November rain solo, but some hard stuff can sound horrible just because of that!

I know it`s all in practice, but you must know how to practice, right?

thanks man!!