I have a chance to buy a London city DEA250 50watts head rebuild like a Marshall super lead 1959 SLP for 350 euro's.

It's got two EL 34's (groove tubes) and three 12ax7's (all new) Also it's got new switches and new pots (Piher)

Is this a decent price?

Also scince it's still a pretty old amp; what things will need my atention when testing it (except tone of course )

Tx in advance
London city(with mk IV mod) 50 watt tube
Vox AD15VT
Marshall 1960 4x12 cab
EH Big muff (SU )
Squier strat (customized w/ emg's and fender parts)
Ibanez acoustic (with active pu)
Ibanez 12string acoustic
www.myspace.com/tubelightband
Last edited by pe_666 at Mar 12, 2007,
corduroy or calum barrow (i forget which one) might know... maybe that's a sound city they have.

that sounds like a pretty decent price assuming it's any good, but bear in mind I know nothing about vintage amps...

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?