Poll: Would you ever date someone in your band?
Poll Options
View poll results: Would you ever date someone in your band?
Yes
62 44%
No
79 56%
Voters: 141.
Page 1 of 2
no cause my band is all guys

edit: oh i didnt see the "theoretical" thingy there...im always hoping for a hot chick drummer to come along so we can kick our piece of shit drummer out(harsh words)meh...id work from there
Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Ibanez TS-9
EHX Big Muff Pi
Companion Fuzz Box
EHX Pulsar
Boss DD-6
Fender Hot Rod Deville 212
Last edited by NOtrab at Mar 12, 2007,
i've had pleasurable times with my band... did i just type band? woops, i meant hand.
If you want to jam in/around Mooresville NC message me.
I did... shouldn't have but did
Quote by Virgil_Hart05
Beating the elderly is a big favourite of mine. Also, pushing kids over and kicking pregnant women in the womb is fun.

Right now we're called 'Various Artists' just to fuck over people with iPods
Quote by Ibanezax372
Probably not a good idea, because when you two breakup she will quit the band.

Yup...or it will become completely awkward until finally you just stop calling them for band practice-oops...
I dated my singer for a few months, when it didn't work out we talked it out with the entire band, and right now, 2 years later, she's still our lead vocalist.
Gear
Gibson Les Paul Studio
London City Comet MK1
London City Spitfire II (Modded)
Squire Tele Custom (Modded)

Peavey Classic 30
Electro Harmonix Holy Grail Reverb
Line 6 Echo Park Delay
Visual Sound Jekyll and Hyde
Dunlop Crybaby Classic
I personally wouldn't but my drummer and singer have been together for three years and their relationship hasn't gotten in the way of the band. They both understand that their relationship and the band are two separate things and they don't let the two influence each other.
Member #9 of the Carvin club
bad idea in the extremes
www.myspace.com/symmetry4321

Quote by RockerPseudonym
I think stone is either 7 or 14 lbs

Edit I'm gonna go with 14 because it's rather unlikely you're 56 pounds

Quote by evening_crow
sounds like....u need a...

BAND MEETING!!!
I dunno... Kim Gordon and Thurston Moore were already dating when they formed Sonic Youth, and they're married with a kid now, so I guess it works for some people. I think if you're professional enough you could hold it together.
Feel free to ignore my ranting.

Member of the Self-Taught Club.

A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who isn't a close-minded moron.
I wouldn't. It'd be way to stressful on me, her, and the band. Plus I don't want my horny drummer to masturbate to us kissing.
President of the Guitarists Born In 1991 Club. PM blues rocker or I to join

Quote by RadioHead22
I love you greendayguitar
In a non- gay, awkward-man-hug way
Quote by greendayguitar
I wouldn't. It'd be way to stressful on me, her, and the band. Plus I don't want my horny drummer to masturbate to us kissing.

i know a horny drummer

Jack my swag
I had a roommate who was once in a band with a married couple. They just have to have understanding on what needs to be done and to leave personal stuff out of there. I also played with someone before who used to be in a band with a gay couple. They would sometimes come to practice mad at each other and he would tell them to just get to the music. They were on drugs also, so that didn't play a good role. Sadly, one of them died of AIDS.

I was in one band before where some people would come to practice mad or upset, I told them then to leave the personal stuff at the door and go back to it in 3 hours when we stop. This was also a reason why I banned cell phones from practice. If someone got a mean text message they would get upset at that moment and want to jump on the phone.

Side Note: I once heard a story of a guy who was dating a girl in his band. He was so dedicated to the band, he sided with his band members to kick her out of the band!
I was once heavily prominent on these forums from 2004-2007, let's see how long I can stay now that I'm back.
I personally wouldn't do it - but that's mainly because I'm not much of a dater and for me music is more important than relationships to me.

It was alright for Jack and Meg White, and also The Subways guitaist and bassist have been dating since they were...like fifteen I tihnk. And now they are getting married (or have recently been married). At least, I'm pretty sure...

EDIT: And the Arcade Fire is greatly successful too!
Last edited by Tsunoyukami at Mar 15, 2007,
Depends on the band. If it's full of immature brats, then no. If everyone, me included, is mature, then maybe. Also, we would still need to be professional in regards to the music.
"Notes are expensive. . .use them wisely"-B.B. King

"It's been very important throughout my career that I've met all the guys I've copied, because at each stage they've said, 'Don't play like me, play like you."-Eric Clapton
Yup guess it depends on the people...i dated my bass player and almost as soon as we started dating he slacked off and started being late for practice-or making up lame excuses about why he couldn't come. Which shows that he just joined the band for one reason...and it wasn't the music.
Quote by gopherthegreat
i know a horny drummer

Is he a short red curly haired kid?
President of the Guitarists Born In 1991 Club. PM blues rocker or I to join

Quote by RadioHead22
I love you greendayguitar
In a non- gay, awkward-man-hug way
All drummers are horny, what are you talking about?

I've never been in the position to date a band mate, and I don't really know how I'd handle it. I'd probably go for it, though. I used to love playing music with my old girlfriend. We were never in a band together but I thought it was cool while it lasted.
I never would I dont think. Its hard to say cause I dont think I would have a woman in my band. It depends though if I take the jazz route or rock, cause more women are in the jazz scene so who knows.
Quote by funkdaddyfresh
justin, that was easily the most inspiring, helpful piece of advice anyone has ever given me in regards to my musical pursuits.

Screaming Help
if there wer hot girls in my band i would never play my bass. i'd be riding them like bulls all the damn time. my band thinks i'm a sex maniac
I shot JR

Oh Canada Our Home and Native Land
If I had a very nice female in our band then yes. But with a group of metalhead lads- i'll pass.
signature
Well, it depends.. me and my girlfriend recorded a few tracks together, just the two of us, with her on the synthesizer, and me on, well, everything else. It was an overdubbing nightmare. But the music was ok.

But if you're just two of the five members of a band, I'm not sure..
^_^
I am going to say no.

The consequences and awkwardness of breaking up can ruin a great band. I just can't see it working.
Lets All Goto Mars: The I The FLAMING LIPS Club
my last band...the hammond organ player & rhythm guitarist were goin out with each other...we were doin so well then they ended up splitting & the whole band tore apart during a gig...the rhythm guitarist ran offstage crying then steve (hammond organ) ran off to find her then we were screwed for the whole gig
bound with all the weight of all the words he tried to say
Last edited by KING_KULA at Mar 18, 2007,
It's good enough for terry wilson of the clutch dogs, it's good enough for me.
Listen to Black Sabbath
You could be like Fleetwood Mac where you all date each other, get sad and dump each other, then write an album about it that sells 25 million copies.
Member of the We Have Better Taste Than You club
PM DorkusMalorkus with a list of your favorite bands to join

last.fm
i would cuz my lead singers a chick and i think shes wiked hot so yep i would
~shecter hellraiser C-1~
Quote by Saofan12
i would cuz my lead singers a chick and i think shes wiked hot so yep i would

no problem there.. just be careful lover boy.. you lose her, you could lose a chick and a vocalist at the same time.. but you'll be careful, i know..
^_^
Never. It would make it unfair to the other members because, being a couple, you would more often than not decide on things together, instead of independentley.
Member of the "On the Right Track" club. PM Michelangelo193 or raise_the_dead to see if they approve of your "On the Right Track"-ness
I am Spartikus

Tremulous name: <CD>Mustang?
Quote by bassmaniac101
Never. It would make it unfair to the other members because, being a couple, you would more often than not decide on things together, instead of independentley.

oh so true..
^_^
haha, im actually trying to date her now, haha. it is probably a bad idea, but to be honest i really care about her, and she means the world to me.
actually my first band, the bass player and singer were married, of course 4 years later they got divorced and the band split up.
Last edited by strataholic at Mar 22, 2007,
Page 1 of 2