I've had this Alvarez for about 5 or 6 years. Lately the notes on the high E string between frets 11-15 fail to hit (it's a cutaway). Well, they hit, but they only make the sound of fret 15 G-note. I'm guessing the string is to low, or the fret needs to be filed down.... I don't know anything technical about guitars, so basically what do I replace or fix to get the notes hitting normally again?
-*Some say nothing is impossibe. I disagree. I lay around and do nothing all day*-
You most likely need to bring it into a shop and get it looked at, it could from age'ing maybe the bridge is too low. I know my guitar recently started getting alot of fretbuzz on some frets above the 12th fret, i'm going to get it looked at sometime soon, I think it's because of the temperature changes.
ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ

Quote by Xp3ns1v3
I thought it was illegal for women to use the internet.
It sounds like the 15th fret is a little high to me.
Double Neck Project - Winner of 2006 GB&C "Best guitar build from scratch", "(Best) Most expensive build" and "Best Idea" awards - FINISHED!

Member #2 of the UG Luthier's club. PM AlGeeEater to join.
aight. I appreciate the advice. I kinda figured the temp had something to do with it as it would sometimes get this problem after sitting in the sun too long. I'll go get it checked out tomorrow.
-*Some say nothing is impossibe. I disagree. I lay around and do nothing all day*-