Since when I bought my Ibanez RGT42DX, I've always been kinda confused about the whammy bar.
At first, I thought I had a part short which could keep the whammy bar in, because it was really loose. However, soon I came to realise that this was actually meant to be a fast-removable bar.

However, during the last few months, it seems that it's now even more loose than in the beginning. Sometimes, when I turn my guitar pickups facing down, it just falls out.

According to:
http://www.jemsite.com/news/edge2003/

There are 2 screws, one for the height, and one for the tension.
However, although I can see the tension screw, I can impossibly reach it with my umbraco (or what's the word) keys.

I've already tried pushing my tremolo down all the way (how my strings survived - still a miracle) and up, but it doesn't really seem to change.

Anyone an idea?

Thx
next time you change strings, remove the trem itself, and make the adjustments like that.
Recognised by the Official Who To Listen To List 2012

Quote by steven seagull
You don't argue with tubadude on Washburn-related matters, he flosses with the G string from a set of 0.12's y'know....and it's WOUND!
Hmm, sounds quite drastic in my opinion, yet it would be a solution
Can you tell me, the tremolo, is it attached only by the springs and the 2 hexagon screws on the top?

Thx for the quick reply
yea, remove the springs, and the strings, and it should fall out of place, ive taken my trem out to grease the poles. which you should do while you are at it.

Quote by steven seagull
You don't argue with tubadude on Washburn-related matters, he flosses with the G string from a set of 0.12's y'know....and it's WOUND!
Instead of pushing the tremolo down, try swing the arm to the back of the bridge and pull it so that the bridge would dive down, see that you can access the small allen head. You dont need to hold the arm all the time, to prevent it from snapping, you stuff a block of wood under the fine tuners' side so that you have time to make proper adjustment.

Dont force it though, if cant then try reaching it from the back cavity.

I'd leave disassembling the system to the last part since you dont want to be doing that all the time you wanna adjust the arm torque.
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
Sorry for the (sorta) bump.

I just broke a string, so I decided to clean my guitar a bit and actually also try to tighten the tremolo arm tension.
However, much to my surprise, there doesn't seem to be a screw in the hole where there should've been one. (I'm sure it's that hole, there's screw wire or whatever in it)

Is it possible to buy such a screw?

Grtz
SanderD
^im sure there is, but good luck finding one, or getting ibanez to ship you one. it will probably cost your left foot.

Quote by steven seagull