whats a good pedal i can use to get a heavier sound from my amp? right now i'm using a metal master pedal on my peavey xxx's ultra channel, but its kinda noisey and sounds too digital.

i'm after a metallica black album tone like the rythm part on 'sad but true'. i've got my setting scooped so thats not the issue and i'm using a mexi strat with humbuckers which i think works fine. thanks!
Ohhhh man unplug that metalmaster immediately, you're ruining your tubes actualy overdrive.
Check out the Electro Harmonix LPB-1, its a gain booster and can make your amp SOOO much heavier, and the best part is, that its only about 40$.

Amazing boost pedal.
Main rig:
ESP Horizon FR-II
ENGL Invader 150
Mesa Traditional cab w/ v30's
ISP Decimator Pro Rack G
BBE Sonic Maximizer 482i

Back up rig:
ESP Eclipse STBC
LTD EC-1000 VB
Framus Cobra modded
I have a DBX rack EQ that totally expands the sound. I too play a peavey, but the JSX. The DBX makes the sound more full and have more balls. Look into something like that

myspace.com/weasheroesband
dude sell you metal master now. then maybe get bad monkey. i havent tried it though but i heard its great. also the sd-1 and the tubescreamers.
CLICK ME

Quote by lrc95

hi, i was just wondering how to post a thread?

Quote by AS I LAY DYING!
and USD is equal to how much in US dollars?

Quote by Armchair Bronco
Everyone must own a DS-1 at some point in their playing career.

^^idiots

+1 for the Digitech Bad Monkey. Is great cause doesn't suck at all, is cheap, sturdy, two eq knob (high and low) instead of one tone knob and work great as a booster.
Besides being a guitar player, I'm a big fan of the guitar. I love that damn instrument. Steve Vai

Gear:
Kramer Striker FR422SM
Roland Microcube
Digitech Bad Monkey
Dunlop Tortex 1.14mm picks

MY VIDEOS
You're using a "metal" distortion pedal with a Peavey XXX? From what I hear, they're all ready pretty damn heavy.

But what I suggest it maybe getting an EQ pedal, or a rack system like the guy up there said. It'll adjust your sound, hopefully adding to your gain sound.

Edit: Oh, and if you want to eliminate some of the noise, but a Noise Gate.

Edit #2:

Quote by El Cumanés
+1 for the Digitech Bad Monkey. Is great cause doesn't suck at all, is cheap, sturdy, two eq knob (high and low) instead of one tone knob and work great as a booster.

President of the Guitarists Born In 1991 Club. PM blues rocker or I to join

Quote by RadioHead22
I love you greendayguitar
In a non- gay, awkward-man-hug way
Last edited by greendayguitar at Mar 12, 2007,
The Triple XXX has tons of distortion, if you want more I'd suggest looking into some high output pickups and an eq pedal which'll make it sound more crushing when eq'ed right.
Yeah the XXX is pretty sick, Your best bet for the best tone would be to get EMG's or somthing else like active pickups to break up your tubes a bit more. I just bought a boss blues driver and it works fantasticly as a boost pedal, dosent sound much like it would be good for metal but with my valveking (which is FAR from a metal amp) it sounds surprisingly well.