possibly tuners, pups, bridge, nut, and hardware, but very little people do more than pups and tuners
Recognised by the Official Who To Listen To List 2012

Quote by steven seagull
You don't argue with tubadude on Washburn-related matters, he flosses with the G string from a set of 0.12's y'know....and it's WOUND!
Keeping it STOCK!!! lol ya i have no money and really wat do u do to a les paul anyway
Pickups, definately. They can completely alter the way a guitar sounds. After that, Trems. I like to messa round with my floyds a lot. AFter that - machine heads (tuners), becuase they crap out really quickly if you use them a lot.
Quote by waldo899
Keeping it STOCK!!! lol ya i have no money and really wat do u do to a les paul anyway

How can you have no money and have a les paul? Someone give it to you? That's an expensive 2000 dollar gift.
Refinish, killswitch, out-of-phase switch, replacing electronics, new nut/saddles.
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club
For strat, tone knob for bridge!
Quote by paulefty
Dr. No I LOVE YOUR AVATAR!
putting in a killswitch, Pups, tuners, and a unique finish
My League of Legends stream
The morning will come
In the press of every kiss
With your head upon my chest

Where I will annoy you
With every waking breath
Until you, decide to wake up
New pups, pots, and add some shielding. Then get the fret's redressed and the action setup. The last two my not be thought of as mods, but they should be.
Not taking any online orders.
Quote by ohmerrymayhem
How can you have no money and have a les paul? Someone give it to you? That's an expensive 2000 dollar gift.

Epiphone?
My League of Legends stream
The morning will come
In the press of every kiss
With your head upon my chest

Where I will annoy you
With every waking breath
Until you, decide to wake up
killswitch is a switch that puts an open in your signal, so its like turning the volume down really fast.

if you got a Lp (or anyhting with 2 vol and tones) make the neck volume 0, and bridge 10, strum, and flick the pup selector from bridge to neck really fast, same thing.
Recognised by the Official Who To Listen To List 2012

Quote by steven seagull
You don't argue with tubadude on Washburn-related matters, he flosses with the G string from a set of 0.12's y'know....and it's WOUND!
Quote by tubadude
killswitch is a switch that puts an open in your signal, so its like turning the volume down really fast.

if you got a Lp (or anyhting with 2 vol and tones) make the neck volume 0, and bridge 10, strum, and flick the pup selector from bridge to neck really fast, same thing.

I think I got that Thanks
individual on/off, individual volumes, individual phase/series/parallel, individual tones, And pickups.

But Tuners instead of one of those.
My Blog
New bands you wish you knew about!

Check This Band:As Blood Runs Black
Guitarist of the month: Quorthon

Got a good band that you want to share with the world? PM me and I'll write them a review.
Pickups and electronics (IMO this 2 go together), saddles and nut, knobs, thats the order I will do on my guitar.

But hey on every guitar is different, my guitar for example had some pretty ****ed up pups so I changed them, but the trem and tuners are great.

Quote by robbo_0013
UniverseZero is some kind of pwnerer of numerals

Quote by spazzymagee417
your avatar entertains me.
New pups, electric mods like series and phase, tuners, nut/saddle material, exterior mods like painting and pickguards and knob colors and what.
it really depends on the guitar. if its a cheap guitar like my tele, then the bridge. but i always like locking tuners. new pickups
You Can do that and yes my les paul is a epiphone but its a custom and my mom bought it for me for a present and i would love a floyd rose how much are they anyway?

Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 RI Telecaster
'77 Deluxe Reverb
Sunface w/ SunDial
MXR Carbon Copy
Crybaby

Quote by Sid McCall
Epic win. He speaks the truth, boys and girls.

Founder of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM to join~
ya but bigsbys are like 300 bucks and i dont like all that metal on the guitar a floyd rose would be way better
Quote by waldo899
ya but bigsbys are like 300 bucks and i dont like all that metal on the guitar a floyd rose would be way better

this is very odd. You're acting like you asked a question or made the thread...

I was merely responding to the threadstarter; not to you.

Besides, getting a floyd rose will definitely cost much more than a bigsby (unless you get a crappy licensed one, which aren't even worth discussing) , because of all the routing they have to do. It will also ruin your tone/sustain, because you will have a big hole in your guitar.

Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 RI Telecaster
'77 Deluxe Reverb
Sunface w/ SunDial
MXR Carbon Copy
Crybaby

Quote by Sid McCall

What I'm planning on doing to my guitar:

Pickups, Tuners. . . .paint maybe?

That's all there is to mod on my guitar really.

Anyway if i had a bad trem or no trem:

Pickups tuners, bridge, nut, electronics.
Quote by hamish5178
...Besides, getting a floyd rose will definitely cost much more than a bigsby (unless you get a crappy licensed one, which aren't even worth discussing) , because of all the routing they have to do.

No. And no.

On original FR costs 170 bucks. A Schaller, which is as good, but a little different (Schaller used to make the vast majority of the OFRs, ya know) will cost you 150. Routing won't cost $ 130-150.
Pickups, killswitch, coil split, paintjob, and locking tuners (for my guitar w/o floyd locking nut) and hardware
My Gear:
ESP LTD KH-202
Peavey Triple XXX
Quote by Pikka Bird
No. And no.

On original FR costs 170 bucks. A Schaller, which is as good, but a little different (Schaller used to make the vast majority of the OFRs, ya know) will cost you 150. Routing won't cost $ 130-150.

Both of which cost more than a bigsby...

How can you say removing that much wood from a les paul won't make the sustain suffer?

I've never played a paul with one, but I've played dozens of set neck, mahogany body guitars with them.
Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 RI Telecaster
'77 Deluxe Reverb
Sunface w/ SunDial
MXR Carbon Copy
Crybaby

Quote by Sid McCall

Eerr, what? When did I say anything about the sustain. Don't put words into my mouth (or fingers). The first no was for the cost. The second no was for the licensed ones being crap. I don't remember where, but the Bigsbys I once found cost way more than an OFR or a Schaller FR from Warmoth. (Admittedly, I haven't really been searching around that much, because I don't want one, but when I stumbled upon some, they were hella expensive)
Quote by Pikka Bird
Eerr, what? When did I say anything about the sustain. Don't put words into my mouth (or fingers). The first no was for the cost. The second no was for the licensed ones being crap. I don't remember where, but the Bigsbys I once found cost way more than an OFR or a Schaller FR from Warmoth.

anyway, I thought you had quoted my whole post, saying no to the whole thing...

anyway, you can get an American bigsby for 90 dollars if you shop around.

Sorry for the confusion.
Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 RI Telecaster
'77 Deluxe Reverb
Sunface w/ SunDial
MXR Carbon Copy
Crybaby

Quote by Sid McCall

Quote by hamish5178
anyway, you can get an American bigsby for 90 dollars if you shop around.

That's true, but they're $136 new from Stewmac.com. You can also get a vibrato that fits in the holes where the stop tailpiece would be, meaning you don't need to put holes in your guitar. They're $135 from stewmac.

Anyway my top five (well, four) mods would be pickups, then locking tuners, then upgrade the vibrato if it needs it, and also paint if it needs it.
Quote by which ones pink
That's true, but they're $136 new from Stewmac.com. You can also get a vibrato that fits in the holes where the stop tailpiece would be, meaning you don't need to put holes in your guitar. They're $135 from stewmac.

Anyway my top five (well, four) mods would be pickups, then locking tuners, then upgrade the vibrato if it needs it, and also paint if it needs it.

ARGH, why is everyone attacking the bigsby, I just posted one lousy picture....

Your name is hysterical btw
Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 RI Telecaster
'77 Deluxe Reverb
Sunface w/ SunDial
MXR Carbon Copy
Crybaby

Quote by Sid McCall

Probably just a killswitch, dont really want anything else I like my guitar
WTLTL 2011