Hi, I have a friend who wants to buy a guitar. He likes Epiphone Les Pauls, but I told him to stay away because he is into metal. I did the same thing and bought a Les Paul and I wish I hadn't because of the lack of upper fret access and playability form fast metal. But he insists because he is a fan of Zakk Wylde. So, here is what he is looking for. Les Paul or something similar. Budget is $400-$500 in Canadian dollars.
Be cool.
esp ec-50?
Quote by freedoms_stain

I think it's sick to force kids to take part in hate mongering and sick for spoonman to think its right for any adult to throw anything at a child.
ESP LTD's are nice, but only the more expensive models, like the EC400 (minimum) or higher. All of ltds 50's has sh*tty tuning stability, and rather poor sound because of cheaper materials.

Tell him to save up and then start looking for guitars. Just a couple of hundred bucks more can do alot.
Electrics:ˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑAmps:
Jackson DKMGFFˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑRandall RG100SC G2
Washburn DIME 333ˑˑˑˑˑˑˑRandall RH200X / RA412 2x Half-Stacks
ESP LTD EC-1000 STCB
Dean From Hell CFH
I did recommend Agile..I've been thinking of getting one, screw the upper fret access, they are so damn cheap and nice too! But he isn't allowed to purchase online.
Be cool.
Just tell him to get and Epiphone Les Paul standard plain top and change the pickups.

He'll learn to play, even with the lack of upper fret access.