Page 1 of 2
Anyone else here a fan of his solo work? I think besides Lennon, he had the best solo run (**** McCartney and his damn Wings)

Classics such as "Isn't it a Pity", "My Sweet Lord", "All Those Years Ago" and countless others.

Am I the only one here?
I like All Things Must Pass, its awesome that he came up with so many great songs and stuck them all on one record.
Co-Founder of the Creedence Clearwater Revival Fanclub...PM me or Pi3h-B0y to join!

Member #17 of the UG Queen Fanclub!...PM Hanzi_G to join!

The Sinister Minister of Zeppelinism...Pm TheHeartbreaker to join.
^Just simply an amazing album

All of my favorite Beatle songs are his. IMO the best Beatle.
I dunno if he is the best Beatle, but his definitely my favorite Beatles.
Co-Founder of the Creedence Clearwater Revival Fanclub...PM me or Pi3h-B0y to join!

It's hard to say whether he or John was the best Beatle. They were just so great.

I Me Mine
While My Guitar Gently Weeps
The Inner Light
Taxman
If I Need Someone
Something
Here Comes the Sun
Blue Jay Way
Savoy Truffle

Ah, I love em all.
what i hate is how he wasn't allowed as much contribution in the Beatles. he had great potential. he's probably my favorite beatle
I definitely agree with most of what's been said. Lennon has always been my favorite Beatle personally, but a lot of my favorite songs are by George. I think All Things Must Pass is one of the classic albums of all time. It definitely beats a lot of the McCartney work (although there are some good albums there too). I love Lennon's work but it was somewhat inconsistent album to album and even song to song.

George Harrison was also such an underrated guitarist in his time but he could definitely hold his own. Plus I believe he had a hand in writing Badge, later done by Cream, which is a great song as well.
I liked Mcartney more for his voice... But George is so great at playing the guitar because of how melodic some of the licks are. I love his solo from "Let It Be." It was so great, and undeniably well written.
Got Death Magnetic a day early!

The Low-Cardinal of Zeppelinism - If you're a diehard fan of Zeppelin, join Zeppelinism here

Winner of the "Biggest Led Zeppelin Fuck" award in the CR forum (2 years running!)
He is by far my favorite Beatle - not only did he have a much better personality than John and Paul, I also felt as though he was the most musically talented and diverse.

Also, does anyone else notice a slight resemblance to Jim Henson, except George looks meaner?
^ George and John were in my opion the most capable of writing great music. Paul's contributions I never really liked after like 1968, he seemed so poppy when the band was trying to go more psychedelic and bluesy. He did however keep them loved by the casual fan. George's 70's albums rock! ATMP and Thirty Three and a Third are just great songs. I think that (Don't flame) the wrong two Beatles died first, if any had to die at all.
DALAI LAMA OF ZEPPELINISM

Quote by Kartman

I look up to you now. I'm serious, I have more respect for you than most Ugers!
I think George had the best post-Beatles work of any of them, although admittedly I'm preudiced against John because of the ridiculous over-rating/-playing of Imagine. Grr.

Plus, George rocked in The Beatles. I love Within You Without You.
Feel free to ignore my ranting.

Member of the Self-Taught Club.

A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who isn't a close-minded moron.
Quote by Fifth_Column
I definitely agree with most of what's been said. Lennon has always been my favorite Beatle personally, but a lot of my favorite songs are by George. I think All Things Must Pass is one of the classic albums of all time. It definitely beats a lot of the McCartney work (although there are some good albums there too). I love Lennon's work but it was somewhat inconsistent album to album and even song to song.

George Harrison was also such an underrated guitarist in his time but he could definitely hold his own. Plus I believe he had a hand in writing Badge, later done by Cream, which is a great song as well.

Very well said!
I agree with every word.

Also he wasn't the most talented guitarist, fastest, technical, or whatever, but his melodic playing cannot be compared to anyone.
He excelled here, and was so tasteful in his playing. George is great.
I'd truly be happy if I could come up with something like the solo in 'Let It Be'.
I love George's Beatles guitar work. It always seemed like he worked hard on every one of his parts and focused on creating great companion lines and solos to the original melody.

^ But yet he was never recognized as a guitar god during his long career.

Quote by Kartman

Quote by TheHeartbreaker
Also, does anyone else notice a slight resemblance to Jim Henson, except George looks meaner?

I dunno about Henson, but in his younger days he looked just like a firefighter I know.
(Slightly outdated) Electronic and classical compositions by m'self: Check 'em out
Quote by Sloopy
^ George and John were in my opion the most capable of writing great music. Paul's contributions I never really liked after like 1968, he seemed so poppy when the band was trying to go more psychedelic and bluesy. He did however keep them loved by the casual fan. George's 70's albums rock! ATMP and Thirty Three and a Third are just great songs. I think that (Don't flame) the wrong two Beatles died first, if any had to die at all.

Also agreed. John didn't deserve to die the way he did. There was no way to stop George's death though (sadly).

I can't lie though, I like some of Paul's stuff too. I thought his halftime Super Bowl performance a few years ago was one of the best I've ever seen. Ringo's stuff...well...it annoys the hell out of me.
LOL
Ya George is one of my fav. guitarist and songwriters. To me, his work is better or just as equal as the Lennon/McCarteny team. I was in the 4th grade when he died. Honestly, I can barely rember his death because 9/11 overshadowed it. George Harrison was a very talented musician and will be missed greatly here on Earth.
I hope you have a nice day and ROCK ON!!!
watch the 'concert for george' dvd where clapton and others do a whole concert of george's music on the first anniversary of his death. the songs are unbelievable, stuff like 'soft shoe shuffle', 'something' etc, makes you realise what we have all lost.
I've been imitated so well I've heard people copy my mistakes.
- Jimi Hendrix
Quote by DownInAHole.
Also agreed. John didn't deserve to die the way he did. There was no way to stop George's death though (sadly).

I can't lie though, I like some of Paul's stuff too. I thought his halftime Super Bowl performance a few years ago was one of the best I've ever seen. Ringo's stuff...well...it annoys the hell out of me.

Well yeah, Paul had some really good stuff: during the Beatles and after. I just like George so much better.
I think All things Must Pass is as good as any Beatle's album . After listening to each song over and over you can always find new melodic details in the song. "It's A Pitty" has the most beautiful slide guitar. It really comes in perfect after the strings. The Lyrics are so emotional and eye opening. Beware of Darkness combines genius lyrics along with great melodic music. That whole album is a 5 star album if there were a six star it would deserve it. George i feel was overlooked as a guitarist. He was the most melodic guitarist along with David Gilmore. George always hit the write note and on All Things Must Pass he proved it 100%. That album surpasses any other Beatle's members solo works. Not to mention Brian Washed was a great album. I think that easily surpasses any of Paul's later albums such as Flaming Pie.
Isn't it a Pity is amazing. One of my favourite songs...it's so...I don't even know how to describe it.
Quote by therussian
Well yeah, Paul had some really good stuff: during the Beatles and after. I just like George so much better.

Awesome. Another person from Charlotte. I thought I was the only one.
LOL
Quote by DownInAHole.

It really is sad how much talent Ringo actually has. His voice being so monotone and whatnot. He's a good drummer however.

Quote by Kartman

Quote by Sloopy
It really is sad how much talent Ringo actually has. His voice being so monotone and whatnot.

Ouch.
^ What can I say? I'm a John fan forever and foremost.

George is number two of course.

EDIT: Feel free to sig that dayTripper, I can tell your a hardcore fan too.

Quote by Kartman

I also dig his acting in the Beatles Movies too.
his acting is pretty damn good.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Quote by DownInAHole.
Awesome. Another person from Charlotte. I thought I was the only one.

Yeah man

By the way, Ringo was the most lovable of the Beatles
^ Lovable yes, anything but a drummer, no.

Quote by Kartman

Now, you're being too harsh on him. He's not a great drummer, I'll give you that, but I sure as hell wouldn't call him a bad one. Tomorrow Never Knows? I mean come on. That's great.

Along with Bonham and Moon (Rip to the both of em), he's one of the most influential out there.
Quote by therussian
Now, you're being too harsh on him. He's not a great drummer, I'll give you that, but I sure as hell wouldn't call him a bad one. Tomorrow Never Knows? I mean come on. That's great.

Along with Bonham and Moon (Rip to the both of em), he's one of the most influential out there.

That's not what the Sloop is saying. What he said was, Ringo wasn't good at anything but drumming in his opinion.
LOL
Quote by DownInAHole.
That's not what the Sloop is saying. What he said was, Ringo wasn't good at anything but drumming in his opinion.

Oh. Then yes, I agree. He just kind of worded it awkwardly.

Or maybe I'm going crazy.
i'm suprised noone's mentioned old brown shoe. it may not be on the same level as say, while my guitar gently weeps or something, but i still think it's a harrison classic

Quote by wilty00
Aren't you kind of scared walking around in the dark with a carniverous loon on the loose?
Quote by therussian
Oh. Then yes, I agree. He just kind of worded it awkwardly.

Or maybe I'm going crazy.

You're going crazy. Don't worry all the cool kids are doin' it. Take me for instance....

Yeah Ringo and Moon are my favourite CR drummers however.

Quote by Kartman

I'd say he was as good as Lennon post-Beatles, if not better. More peaceful and less spouse-obsessed, but ah well it was John
He was a very good guitarist...but he clearly didn't consider himself an exceptional guitarist (seen multiple interviews where he says so...but he was kind of harsh on himself)...however he had some incredible slide stuff during his solo career. And he was such a good rythym guitarist. I love when he steps aside and sings/writes/plays rythym and lets say, Eric Clapton, play lead. See his tour in 1990? or so with Clapton...where Clapton played lead on all George's stuff. Amazing...and also see All Things Must Pass (Album) and While My Guitar Gently Weeps.

I consider him one of the Top 5 voices and songwriters ever. All Things Must Pass (song) is easily one of my favorite songs ever...it and "Isn't It a Pity" is another beautiful song.

Anyone else find it insane that him and Clapton stayed great friends thru the whole affair/wife swap thing?
He was the man. All Things Must Pass is his best as a whole obviously but when you go into his other studio albums, you find some brilliant moments. I even liked most of Gone Troppo! Why do people hate that one so much?
When people say they like his Let it Be solo, which one are they talking about, I presume the single version, although I believe the album solo is much better. And I think he was really witty without having to show it all the time like John. And I wish iI could find more solo albums apart from ATMP, and a decent price, the only one of seen was £23.99.
Founder of Jaco society

[22:08:23] <Confusius> I wish I was a bassist
[22:08:26] <Confusius> you fuckers look cool

Want to know how to play bass in jazz? Read this.
George Harisson was a great musician. When he was part of the Beatles, his talent was in the shadow of John and Paul. He seemed the most down to earth member of the band. I appreciate his work. i also liked when he wrote a couple of songs for the beatles like old brown shoe and here comes the sun. Let' s remember him
Page 1 of 2