Hey I got this amp a little while back. Well I'm having a dilemma with the solo channel, whenever I turn the volume over half or the gain over half it squeels like a bitch! I was just wondering if that would be the head or the cab??!?!?
Schecter C-1 Classic
LTD EC-1000
Fender American FSR Mahog. Chambered Tele 60th
Fender Mexican Strat SD Hot Rails Br/Ne
Fender Hot Rod Deville 4x10
Boss DD-6
Boss Metal Zone
It's a poor SS amp. That's what happens. I don't suggest investing any more money into fixing the sound than you already have. However, the NS-2 or an ISP Decimator would work fine.
My Gear:
-Schecter C-1 Plus (Vintage Sunburst)
-B-52 AT-212 Tube Combo
-ZW-44 Zakk Wylde Overdrive
-Digitech RP350 Multi-Effects Pedal
-Hamer Slammer Strat Copy
Yeah well I want to know if its the cab or the head so I can swap what needs to be swapped! If this helps it doesn't squeel while I'm playing, only when I'm idleing.
Schecter C-1 Classic
LTD EC-1000
Boss DD-6
Boss Metal Zone
Probably both. Putting a better head on that cab wouldn't help much anyways.
My Gear:
-B-52 AT-212 Tube Combo
Quote by Ngawtfizjuice
Wow, he's asking for simple help, and you just degrade what he's playing on. You guys aren't assholes at all. Useful idiot buy one of these http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Boss-NS2-Noise-Suppressor-Pedal?sku=151331 and put it in the effects loop of your amplifier.

I'm not degrading him at all. I'm just saying that it is a cheap SS half stack. It is going to "squeel like a bitch". I just gave him my honest opinion, and I helped him. I don't see the problem? I'm just sure glad I'm not an asshole.
My Gear:
-B-52 AT-212 Tube Combo
Quote by soccerdude3465
I'm not degrading him at all. I'm just saying that it is a cheap SS half stack. It is going to "squeel like a bitch". I just gave him my honest opinion, and I helped him. I don't see the problem? I'm just sure glad I'm not an asshole.

"Poor SS amp", you were being an asshole. You got called out on it, get over it and move on.
You did come off as an asshole.

Yeah thats what I was going to buy before but someone said it would kill my tone (the ns-2).
Schecter C-1 Classic
LTD EC-1000
Boss DD-6
Boss Metal Zone
I chose a fitting adjective, and thus I'm an asshole. I don't understand your logic. Why don't you pick a good adjective that would fit in its place?
My Gear:
-B-52 AT-212 Tube Combo
Quote by Useful_Idiot16
You did come off as an asshole.

Yeah thats what I was going to buy before but someone said it would kill my tone.

As long as you don't overuse the noise gate, it will help. If you're going for total eerie silence, you probably will lose some tone. But if you just use it to where the worst noise is gone, it should be fine.
^ +1.
My Gear:
-B-52 AT-212 Tube Combo
I'm thinking about trading it in for a Used peavey valveking 80 watt combo. Anyone have any good experience with that?
Schecter C-1 Classic
LTD EC-1000
Boss DD-6
Boss Metal Zone