ok, so the last night my dad came in and told me that i could set up a studio in a building by our garage, so i got to work on it and i had a stereo going and noticed that it had a terrible echo, i dont want to spend any money at all, but i want to get rid of the echo, so im thinkin if i nail a 2x4 for to the wall at the cieling, and hang a sheet or something from it so its about an inch away from the wall, will that help?
UG's HIPPIE
tar paper works good too
My Facebook

MAIN Gear:

Jackson Pro Rhoads

AMP:

Head: Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier BLACK FACE

Cab: Mesa Boogie 4x12 Road King Slant
I heard using old egg cartons works really well.
Just go around your neighborhood and ask people to donate their used egg cartons, then attach them to a board, and then put them on the wall.
Washburn HM Idol w/ SD JB in bridge > Ibanez Weeping Demon > Korg Pitchblack > Digitech Bad Monkey > Boss NS-2 > Boss DD-6 > Egnater Renegade > Splawn 2x12 w/ Weber Sig12Bs

i have heard the same for egg cartons
Gibson 58 VOS, Gibson Rich Robinson ES-335, Fender Strat, Fender RoadWorn 50's Tele, Gibson LP Jr Special

Marshall JTM45, Fender BJR NOS
Quote by thejester
i have heard the same for egg cartons

ugh, been there.
Plastic ones might be ok.
But carton, forget it.
When dry, they decompose leaving a lot of dust.
When damp, mold grows on them and they become ideal bacteria cultivators.
I had this nice shiny new expandora pedal, a year later there were these funny marks going in all directions, whirling and twirling, not at all like scratches. These marks were actually caused by chrome eating bacteria, eating their way on the casing of the pedal.
^wow.

Heavy inorganic blankets, or those sleeping mats with the egg carton shaped things on them might work.
My Blog
New bands you wish you knew about!

Check This Band:As Blood Runs Black
Guitarist of the month: Quorthon

Got a good band that you want to share with the world? PM me and I'll write them a review.
well space is an issue kinda*, so i think i'll just hang sheets.......
cuz im gonna have a friends drumset in there, two chairs, a shopshelf for a stereo, guitar books, cds, all the good stuff, and if i still have room, i'll probably put this old piano we have in too.......oh, and did i mention im having an intire wall dedicated to my guitars/ gear???
this place is gonna rule!
UG's HIPPIE
Last edited by ~G{}{}BER~ at Mar 12, 2007,
There's a thread on GB&C about almost the exact same thing. I put in some information about soundproofing myths if you want to have a look.
If you're going to set up a mini studio, at least do it well.
"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."
link?
Quote by CodeMonk
Programming is an art form that fights back.

Quote by bob farrell

When Teenagers Crash Their Mothers Cars And Slash A Few Tires, The UG Justice Team Will Be There, And Justice . . . . . . . .Will Be Served!!!!
"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."