so yeah i recently had a thread about what guitar to get and two of my friends actually have the guitars i was thinking of buying.
it was my first time playing an electric and both the epi LP standard and epi SG was just hard to play.
was it because it was my first time playing an electric coming from an acoustic..?
or should i just try some other guitars
did you guys have the same feeling ur first time playing an electric?
thxthxthx
well and sg is like one of the slimest/lightest guitars out there. so i dont really know what u mean by hard to play?
Gear:
Epiphone SG Vintage
Digitech RP 100A
Kustom Quad 100 DFX
Washburn D10S Deluxe (electric acoustic)
Quote by angusyoung_sg
well and sg is like one of the slimest/lightest guitars out there. so i dont really know what u mean by hard to play?

hard to play as in..it just doesn't feel right i think it could be the strings...that electric guitar strings have really thin strings compared to acoustic
I personally dislike acoustics, just for the fact that they're big, bulking, and usually have higher action. They take more skill to play IMO.

But that's just me, you'll get used to it.
Quote by angusyoung_sg

He's probably not used to having to hold up the neck of a guitar.

I didn't really like it either; I like my guitars nice and weighty.

In any event...

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
i've kinda decided already fender strat hss, epi lp stdrd, epi g-400 with vox valvetronix 15w
i play rock, punk, alternative. spending around 800 max?
Quote by heroheroine
i've kinda decided already fender strat hss, epi lp stdrd, epi g-400 with vox valvetronix 15w
i play rock, punk, alternative. spending around 800 max?

Are you open to choosing something different if it was way better?

Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
If you are mostly interested in a Fender Fat Strat, then look at these.

Godin has far better and consistent build quality than those fat strats, and I find them much more playable.

If you are mostly interested in the Les Pauls/SGs, then look at these.

Michael Kelly guitars absolutely smoke the Epi LPs in this price range. Built better, better hardware, and sound great.

As for amps, if you're willing to spend the cash, why not go tube?

Don't get stuck into the "oh-my-friends-have-these-guitars-so-they-must-be-good" syndrome .

Get stuck in the "I'll-keep-my-mind-open-and-get-the-best-gear-for-the-price-I'm-willing-to-pay" syndrome (also known as IKMMOAGTBGFTPIWTP Syndrome for short).
Quote by utsapp89