Page 1 of 3
If it has, too bad. I think the whole idea of rap sucks, but especially in a ROCK hall of Fame. I saw we all go evil on the world and blow up those rapping peolpe. And the raping, but not first.
Member of the Geddy Lee Fanclub. He pwns you ALL!

Member #24 of the FFVII fan club

STICK IT TO THE MAN
Nonononononononoooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
_b l/ink youreyes /1 for yes 2 fo_r n o
Quote by zachman106
If it has, too bad. I think the whole idea of rap sucks, but especially in a ROCK hall of Fame. I saw we all go evil on the world and blow up those rapping peolpe. And the raping, but not first.

right on.
_b l/ink youreyes /1 for yes 2 fo_r n o
or better yet rap can have their own hall of fame
Quote by Tiamat
lol @ greenday becoming the social "norm" for being crap at guitar.
I couldn't care less if it were "the world hall of fame" or "the music hall of fame", but I think if you have the nerve to call yourself "The ROCK Hall of Fame", then you bloody well stick to the semantics don't ya?!
I think the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame should be called the MUSIC Hall of Fame instead. Because it obviously is trying to encompass the whole musical spectrum.
Quote by Krost
a Ghost possessed my dog and made him buy a 50 cent CD.

Watch it now, watch it!

"I died a little inside when Steve Irwin died...RIP"

Honorary Masshole. PM SOADFanSince'98 to join.
They think rock is gone so they try to put other genre in it to keep it alive. I say **** off, rock is ****in' back !
My gear:
-Ibanez JS 6000 Custom w/ 11-48 gauge
-Ibanez FGM 400BB w/ 10-46 gauge
-Peavey 6505 2x12 Combo
-MXR Phase 90
-Boss DD-6 Digital Delay
-Morley Wah/Volume Pro Series II
-Boss CS-3 Compression Sustainer
-Gator G-Bus 8
-Xotic BB Preamp
In other news, Regis Philben is having a bypass surgery, lets hope he dies.
Quote by god9

rofl u horrid person xD
Quote by Tiamat
lol @ greenday becoming the social "norm" for being crap at guitar.
I kinda like Regis Philben. But gettin back to the subject, there is a specific word before "Hall of Fame" and it's ROCK not RAP.
Have you ever went to put on a pair of underwear, but there weren't any, so you started runnin around the house flailin your arms while nude?
"Rock and Roll" in the "Rock and Roll Hall of Fame" sense is just any popular music created after the mid 1950's. Let 'em in. They were influential and talented.
Listen to mah discs.

And coming soon, THE CLEVER DEVILS VS. THE BLONDES.

Vote for me in the
Grandmaster Flash deserves it.
He has probably influenced more rock than you are willing to acknowledge, and should be honoured.
Deja Vu!

And just like I thought when I saw the first thread on this, who cares? It's not going to end the world either way.
No Dream theater...but rap groups...that logic defies me. Kinda dumb, but I'll live with it.
Quote by god9

Regis Philben is the PW!N1ZORZ1!1!
Quote by Heascase
No Dream theater...but rap groups...that logic defies me. Kinda dumb, but I'll live with it.

It's simply a question of influence. Grnadmaster Flash inspired an entire movement, Dream Theater inspired a bunch of pimply sixteen year-olds. Do the math.
Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: Generic member of the UG Hip Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati

Quote by mydarkesthour

It seems like UG is full of those Caveman Metalheads

Quote by mydarkesthour
I meant caveman as in long haired....

Quote by pumpkins_rule
It's simply a question of influence. Grnadmaster Flash inspired an entire movement, Dream Theater inspired a bunch of pimply sixteen year-olds. Do the math.

Grandmaster Flash inspired an entire movement of rock? Care to elaborate?
Quote by Quintessence153
Grandmaster Flash inspired an entire movement of rock? Care to elaborate?

An entire musical movement(hip hop), DJ Culture, MC'ing in general, which have all had an impact on rock music, in one way or another.
Quote by pumpkins_rule

I don't have pimples. I love rap, I just think Dream Theater is far to awesome, talented and influential to not be inducted.
Quote by Heascase
I don't have pimples. I love rap, I just think Dream Theater is far to awesome, talented and influential to not be inducted.
Dream Theater's influence only extends to a small populace of guitarists...
Quote by yawn

Because there are tons of rap guitarists...
Quote by yawn

Exactly. And rock isn't just about the guitar.
Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: Generic member of the UG Hip Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati

Quote by mydarkesthour

Quote by mydarkesthour

Dude, you're talking about Grandmaster Flash.

Grandmaster Flash > You.
Thus sayeth the Lord.

<//////>~
Quote by pumpkins_rule
No wai!!!!

You've angered the guitar gods.

Too bad they're all dead or old and can't do nuttin' about it.
None of you will never amount to what Grand Master Flash has done.
Quote by musicianamedave
Dude, you're talking about Grandmaster Flash.

Grandmaster Flash > You.

Quote by pumpkins_rule

Who said Dream Theater only influences guitarists? They've also got an incredible keyboardist, bassist, drummer, and (in the opinion of some) vocalist. A lot of prog bands take influence from Dream Theater's musical stylings and musicianship.
Quote by Quintessence153
Who said Dream Theater only influences guitarists? They've also got an incredible keyboardist, bassist, drummer, and (in the opinion of some) vocalist. A lot of prog bands take influence from Dream Theater's musical stylings and musicianship.

Thank you
Quote by xrawrockkillsx
i think its dumb. there'll never be rock n roll in whatever the hell hall of fame rap has...

I don't think rap has a hall of fame.
Okay, I'm pissed off.

Not because I hate rap. No, not at all. I think there are a few groups out there that I myself would pick to put in there.

But no.

No, no, no, fucking NO!

Am I the only one who has a hunch that the only reason they're doing this is because the Hall hasn't been getting many visitors? Honestly, call me a conspiracist if you want, but I honestly believe this is a bunch of bullshit publicity to get more of the new "in" crowd and more kids visiting the Hall.

Does anyone agree? Or am I just really overreacting?

Edit: The reason there's no way Dream Theater is getting in anytime soon is because a band's first release has to be 25 years old to be inducted.
Last edited by archangels666 at Mar 12, 2007,
Quote by archangels666
Okay, I'm pissed off.

Not because I hate rap. No, not at all. I think there are a few groups out there that I would pick myself to put in there.

But no.

No, no, no, fucking NO!

Am I the only one who has a hunch that the only reason they're doing this is because the Hall hasn't been getting many visitors? Honestly, call me a conspiracist if you want, but I honestly believe this is a bunch of bullshit publicity to get more of the new "in" crowd and more kids visiting the Hall.

Does anyone agree? Or am I just really overreacting?

You're acting like the kids nowadays have even heard of GMF.
Quote by Quintessence153

But the only people who listen to prog-rock are in prog-rock bands.

Quote by mydarkesthour

Quote by mydarkesthour

Quote by glm
You're acting like the kids nowadays have even heard of GMF.

So true.
Page 1 of 3