ok so im looking for a new set of strings ive been using normal fender strings but my band is starting to play shows and i need a new set of strings so any advice on what would be my best bet for a good pair of strings for hardcore and metal music preffably below 5-7 dollers
A.B.C.-Art Before Crime/Anotha Bad Creatin
607 hardcore
ibanez gax 75 downshifter
D'addario .10's are my fave. so maybe those, or a heavier guage, although i prefer .10's
D'Addario 56 -13's
i use them for drop tunings
[Member of the Ibanez S Players Club.] Pm striketalonx to join

Ibanez SA1260
Ibanez RGA8 w/DiMarzio PAF8s
Ibanez JS1200CA
Ibanez S470IB w/DiMarzio Tonezone (Bridge)
Laney LC50 Mark II
Boss ME-70
to be honest its the gauge really that you should think about ot the make of strings. you want a heay gauge with that full sound you can thras away at, mind you if your into more technical stuff this will be made difficult obv as the heavier the strings the better the sound but the harder to bend and stuff like that. best bet s the strings your most comfortable with and have a back-up guitar.
1972 Telecaster Custom (My Baby)
i use ernie ball regular slinkys 10 - 46 for anything as low as drop C
Geets:
Dean ML79 w/ OFR
Dean Razorback V
Washburn 2ST Stealth

Amps
Bugera 6260 212
Line 6 Toneport GX

Pedals/effects
Boss MT-2
ISP Decimator
i've said this about 20 times before but..

strings = personal preference, they don't dramatically affect tone, its more of how they feel
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
i've heard that the zakk wylde lo-tune strings are great for 2 steps down and stuff like that (supposedly they are thick enough that even if you tune 3 or 4 steps down they are manageable). i havent tried them, but you never know...
You have a budget for strings? Yikes.

I like GHS boomers... the TNT set (heavy on the low three strings and light on the top three). I think they are 6 bucks.
Quote by Doodleface
i've said this about 20 times before but..

strings = personal preference, they don't dramatically affect tone, its more of how they feel

yeah they affect tone. Ever tried flatwounds?
Heads up to everyone, new person using this account
for cheaper set of strings,buy the set ones,10-pack.you save a little than buying them individually
Buying 10 packs or 25 packs online will normally get them to you for under 3 dollars a peice plus 7 or so for shipping, great deals in bulk as far as strings go. And if you dont need 10 or 25 sets you can sell some to friends for 5 each to make a few dollars, Ive done it a few times . Brand dosent make a HUGE differance, I personally use daddario 10s, but for detuning i would suggest 12s at least.
Quote by 607_guitarist
ok so im looking for a new set of strings ive been using normal fender strings but my band is starting to play shows and i need a new set of strings so any advice on what would be my best bet for a good pair of strings for hardcore and metal music preffably below 5-7 dollers

THE best strings to use are 10 guage Ernie Ball Slinkies. i use em for gigs and practices. they're perfect

my gear

Crankenstein Full-stack

Dean' white/black flying V Custom

Coffin Case

DigiTech Heavy Metal Distortion Pedal

Dimebucker pickups

Ernie ball 10 gauge