I know this belongs in the Customization board...but the community is better here anyway. I'll delete the thread when I get an answer.

On to the topic...I'm looking for some variation in my P-bass, and I was thinking a black pickguard (as opposed to white) would look pretty nice with the red finish of the wood. Does anyone know what paint I should use? Are there any techniques I should use? Or would it be worth it to buy a whole new pickguard via eBay? Thanks in advance.
Last.FM

Quote by Applehead
There are some things in life that are universally "good":

Sex, pizza, the smell of fresh washing and slap bass.
Nah, don't buy a new one. Here's what you do. You buy a $10 bottle of PLASTIC spray paint. Before you get to the paint sand off some of the old paint just to get it a rougher surface. Now use your paint and give a LIBERAL coat over it. Wait a day and do another heavy coat. Then wait until it drys and screw the pickguard back on. It'll look brilliant. The biggest key is to buy specific Plastic paint!
Hit it with some pretty fine grit sandpaper. After it's good and scratched up Krylon it.
I'd get a new $30 PG off of ebay. They make some nice ones; clear ones, abalone ones, reflective ones, etc.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
i'd buy a new one, but im lazy
*sob* i couldn't think of anything to put here*sob*
i've always wanted a diamond plate pickguard. those would look so cool.
Quote by Don't Read This
letthebassplay you are now a legend

Quote by StraightxXxEdge
Awesome is a feeling. It's in your pants.

RIP Bellamy...

Calvin and Hobbes Group!
Quote by Ippon
Use

+1 It appears to be good stuff. I used it to paint the pickups on my guitar build. The only caveat is to allow it plenty of time to dry. It takes about a week (according to the instructions) to completely harden.

Regards,

Rob
Quote by LetTheBassPlay
i've always wanted a diamond plate pickguard. those would look so cool.

I'm putting one of them on my custom bass
Quote by Bumper
Looks like you had a big bowl of Downs Syndrome for breakfast.

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Lover of Ashdown? Join the Ashdown Army!