my friend wants to start playing acoustic guitar and i said id help him buy one. he wants to buy one for around $300aus. what guitars do u think i should be looking at in that price range i was thinking something by yamaha
NOT a yamaha, 300 you can get MUCH better.... go for an epiphone ej 200, dove or hummingbird....those are great but a little over 300 i think like 350..... also takamine and ibanez have some good guitars for the price...yamahas are only good if you want a guitar 150$ or UNDER.
Quote by asdfasdfasdfasd
NOT a yamaha, 300 you can get MUCH better.... go for an epiphone ej 200, dove or hummingbird....those are great but a little over 300 i think like 350..... also takamine and ibanez have some good guitars for the price...yamahas are only good if you want a guitar 150$ or UNDER.

Ignore what he said and click the link in my signature. $300AUS is roughly $230USD which means your friend can get a decent solid top guitar for that price.
Quote by asdfasdfasdfasd

Yamaha make great guitars at far over $150USD.
The whole FG series are good, and the FG750S is way over $150

Takamines are good, Ibanez? not too sure about that one, a Yamaha or a takamine would do you much better at that price.

For $300 get the Yamaha FG700S. In Australalia at least it is the best value for money as a beginners guitar. Do NOT, whatever you do, spend any less. The FG700S is a great guitar, but i have yet to see anything around Melbourne for the same price or lower that comes even close.
cool thanx ill look into a yamaha fg500s as from what ive seen yamaha make a great budget acoustic
My Gear:
Fender 60th anniversary standard strat
Ibanez GRG170DX (selling)
Marshall MG15CDR (selling too)
Yamaha FG-400A
soon to have:
Vox AD50VT