I'm thinking my amp probably needs new tubes, it's 12 years old, I've had it for 1, and the sound is beginning to deteriorate.

I know NOTHING about replacing tubes, so could someone send me a link to a FAQ/Tutorial, or walk me through it?

It's a Fender Blues Deville 4x10
Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 RI Telecaster
'77 Deluxe Reverb
Sunface w/ SunDial
MXR Carbon Copy
Crybaby

Quote by Sid McCall
Epic win. He speaks the truth, boys and girls.

Founder of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM to join~
*Gives you manly hug.
Awww.
--"Hey, don't worry; don't be afraid, ever, because this is just a ride."--
find the tubes it needs, wiggle the old ones out, wiggle the new ones in, and bias correctly. (most tube stores, such as tubedepot.com, include bias points.)
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
honestly, since you dont know how to re-tube, i suggest taking your amp to a store and let them do it for you so you dont risk damaging your amp. in the long run, paying someone who knows how to do it is better than damaging your tube amp and having to buy another one
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

We'll Never Admit As Defeat
Go over to the GG&A forum, and read up on tubes in the "all about" thread stickied there.

Embrace your tube change. This is a great opportunity to get your amp to sound better than it ever has before, better than it sounded when it first left the shop.

Changing tubes is merely a case of pulling out the old and plugging in the new. Maybe spray a little contact cleaner on the new ones. If you're concerned about biasing the amp, you should be able to have that done by a tech for a couple bucks. Try to find a guy who'll let you watch.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
That only says what the different brands are like....

That's is very helpful (thanks mania) but I need instructions on how to actually change them.
Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 RI Telecaster
'77 Deluxe Reverb
Sunface w/ SunDial
MXR Carbon Copy
Crybaby

Quote by Sid McCall
Epic win. He speaks the truth, boys and girls.

Founder of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM to join~