whats a good drum microphone i can plug into my computer that is cheap?
"Social correctness has traditionally had nothing whatever to do with reason, logic, or physics. In fact, in England it is generally considered socially incorrect to know stuff or think about things."
-Douglas Adams
Well theres a lot of things wrong wiht what your looking to do.

1) Drums usually require close micing of individual drums to get a good overall balanced sound.

2) You are talking cheap, I would suggest an LDC or SDC condenser for a single overhead, however these may not be cheap depending on how you define cheap. I think the better word is inexpensive, because generally cheap and good do not go together.

3) You're looking to plug into your computer, I'm guessing you mean through the mic in sound card using a series of adapters, which will probably sound lousy.

From what it seems like you are doing you're probably best off getting any microphone and putting it as an overhead on the drums.

Cheers
You have 2 ways of doing this....

1) Buy a Shure SM57 microphone with the correct adapters (ask your local music store to help you with that).

2) Buy a condenser microphone as well as a Behringer mixing board with Phantom Power. Use the mixing board as a pre-amp and run it into your computer.
ooooo Behringer.... guna sound like crap, save up and buy some decent kit, its like 'take it t' says unless generally cheap and good do not go together. Get a decent condenser, use it as an overhead or maybe even get two condensers for stereo overheads. But if you want to get a good recording for drums go and buy a kit like this:

http://www.zzounds.com/item--SHUPGDMK6XLR

got everything you need, except maybe a sm57 for the snare, then use the other 3 pg56's for the toms.
Quote by kyle_afi
You could picture the girl your weiner is in taking a massive dump?
ok, yeah i was looking for probably a single mic, its just a home recording sorta thing so nothing professional. thanks for the help though.
"Social correctness has traditionally had nothing whatever to do with reason, logic, or physics. In fact, in England it is generally considered socially incorrect to know stuff or think about things."
-Douglas Adams
I wouldn't get a mixer at all. I'd get a 2 channel soundcard with built in preamps. See my signature for a link to the soundcard wizard.

Brandon