Ok, I just replaced my strings on my Peavey hp series. I kept the original strings. If I were to sell this guitar used on Ebay or something like that with the strings would it be worth more. My friend told it would but i think he is ful of it.

PS I may be in the wrong forum. sorry

thanks guys
C'mon man, strings are like 5 dollars. If they ain't strings made out of gold or somethin', they're not really gonna affect the price.
Gibson Les Paul Studio w/ EMG 81/85
Fender American Vintage Series '52 Telecaster
Marshall JCM2000 DSL401
Roland MicroCube
Dunlop ZW-45 Wah
Dunlop Rotovibe
Dunlop MXR EVH Phase 90
Dunlop MXR Zakk Wylde Overdrive
Boss CE-5
iSP Decimator
No ones going to care what strings are on it or come with it. If they get the guitar and don't like the strings on it, they will change them. But honestly no one will care, and if you raise the price and say it's because of the strings people are going to call you an idiot.
ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ

Quote by Xp3ns1v3
I thought it was illegal for women to use the internet.
I dont think it would matter... I mean if you had an original Gibson LP with original strings it would probably be worth more... But with a modern guitar... Strings get changed when they get old... I wouldnt save them, but thats just me
I like your Christ; I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.
-Mohandas Gandhi
Depends on the type of strings. Strings naturally get older and tend to wear over time just like everything else, so if it's the same type of string it shouldn't matter. If you've got, let's say, thick strings for metal put on a Telecaster, then that could affect the price a few bucks.
Quote by fly135
Great list Rutch. On re-reading this one I'd have to say Solid State means not liquid or gas.

I figured it out.
Quote by Ishiga
Depends on the type of strings. Strings naturally get older and tend to wear over time just like everything else, so if it's the same type of string it shouldn't matter. If you've got, let's say, thick strings for metal put on a Telecaster, then that could affect the price a few bucks.

and how exactly would a thicker guage string increase a guitar's value?

Like said above, unless the strings are some crazy expensive, exotic material, there would be no reason for the strings to alter the price.
Any strings more than a few months old are going to be completely shagged and will make the guitar seem worse. If you're selling a guitar you want it to be in the best condition possible, so that means clean it up and put new strings on.

It won't be worth any more with new strings, but a guitar with old strings is no use to anyone. Yes they can change them themselves, but you should really be selling it in a playable state and that means new strings.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
I think itd only prove interesting if say a 60's Strat had the original strings. So no, you shouldn't keep your strings.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
My friend took the strings off his and his brothers guitar to clean the guitars (his brother didn't know) and he put the same strings on the guitars and all 6 snapped on him for both guitars.. but its probably because he uses the same strings for 6 months at a time..
"See, you're born punk. When you get your first haircut, then you're alternative. Then you let it grow long, then you're metal." - Kirk Hammett
Would a car cost more if I kept the factory oil in it when I sold it? Probably not
Schecter C-1 Classic (Antique Amber)
Ibanez JEM 7VWH
Crate Palamino Class A tube combo
Digitech RP80 Multieffects pedal
Ibanez TS9 DX Tube Screamer