Page 1 of 2
What is it about Tools music that is so... so ****ing good? its briliiant, it captures my attention, satisfies my music cravings, and expands my mind to new horizons. and if your a true tool fan.. you would say that the same. but why?

why is tool so good?

theres gotta be a reaason aside from their incredibly symbolic and appealing music...

SUBLIMINAL MESSAGING and marketing techniques that effect out subconcious mind.

they're music sends the listeners some form of pleasure that our subconcious mind enjoys, and as a result, we become obsessed with tool. and then they get get super damn famous.

do any tool fans out there have some sort of clear explanation of what i'm trying to say? anything at all. how do they do it? what kind of eerie subliminal messages does tool put in their music?
Tool, they're alright. It's trippy stuff, but I don't dig.

In fact, every time I hear a Tool song I like them less.
ANDRE THE GIANT HAS A POSSE

Peace (sells)
All i know is that the first time I listened--and actually listened--to Tool was when I was high, higher than anything you could ever know.

Anyways, long story short, I really like 46 and 2 now.
Random Metal-X fact:

Metal-X now sponsors: Blood Culprit!

"Ass Fuckingly Loud"

\m/^_^\m/ New Songs Up!!! \m/^_^\m/
Quote by Guitarist132
Nope, tool's not even that good.

I don't think there are any subliminal messages, I just think it's because they are so different from any other band out there. What I enjoy most about them is the subject matter and how well though out their songs and albums are. I hate referring to people as "genius's," especially on this site because I have seen people call anyone from Synyster Gates and Axl Rose musical geniuses, but these guys truly are. They are amazingly creative and each member of the band is an expert at what they do.
Member #11 of the Steve Irwin Memorial Club, pm Clincher09 to join

Quote by MuffinMan
Women: the newest form of currency.
They're good. I can't see why the people on here love them so damn much, though.
Wade in the water, child.
they have great songs but i feel sometimes theres songs in an album that tend to draw out with not much happening musically
dudes, im tellin ya.. there ARE subliminal messages. that kind of shit can be done nowadays. THATS why people like them so much. and why theyve gotten so big, without selling out. they're HUGE. subliminal messages.
Quote by jimmysaint
dudes, im tellin ya.. there ARE subliminal messages. that kind of shit can be done nowadays. THATS why people like them so much. and why theyve gotten so big, without selling out. they're HUGE. subliminal messages.

No.

Quote by MuffinMan
no no no, im not speaking low of their music ^^. there music is literally the "best" ive ever heard. but the question is.. what MAKES the music sound so good. theres hidden things in the songs that affect ur brain, but we don't notice, because its SUBliminal
tool is by far one of the greatest bands of all time. they're one of the only bands keeping todays music from turning into emo crap. anyways, i know they hide messages in their songs but im not so sure about subliminal messaging.
*sob* i couldn't think of anything to put here*sob*
Quote by jimmysaint

That could possibly be the acid you took?
Quote by jimmysaint
no no no, im not speaking low of their music ^^. there music is literally the "best" ive ever heard. but the question is.. what MAKES the music sound so good.

That would be these things called music tastes.
yeah? i know? haha. i know what music tastes are, but have u ever really sat and listened to Tool. and i mean REALLY listened?
Subliminal Messages/Advertising is illegal.
Random Metal-X fact:

"Ass Fuckingly Loud"

They have a bunch of moving parts joining to make one trippy melody and a really good singer....I love them.......They're just soothing and heavy at the same time and they're really unique so I likes 'em...
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
tool tends to not be very good
<davey> it's hard to fake an orgasm when you're supposed to come in her mouth

[19:43] <Horrid> oh i see a juggalo and a faggot sympathizer
[19:43] <Horrid> fuckin america
No I've never 'REALLY listened' to them because when I 'listened' to them I didn't like them much.
I love Tool, but I wouldn't go so far as to say there is some subliminal element that makes people like them. It's just people's tastes. Some people hate 'em, some people like 'em, some people love 'em, and some people dream of sliding a mile six inches at a time on Maynard's dick. It all depends on what the listener likes in his or her music.
Tool are just one of those interesting bands that gets your attention. They're good, I went through my Tool worship phase but I got bored.
Quote by MusicHead32

I hate referring to people as "genius's," especially on this site because I have seen people call anyone from Danney Carey and Adam Jones musical geniuses, when they're really just a couple pretentious wankers

Fixed.
Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: Generic member of the UG Hip Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati

Quote by mydarkesthour

It seems like UG is full of those Caveman Metalheads

Quote by mydarkesthour
I meant caveman as in long haired....

That's a bit harsh. I think Danny Carey is vastly overrated, even though he is very good. Adam Jones on the other hand isn't pretentious or a wanker. He openly stated that he's not that great of a guitarist, and it's not hard to see that he keeps things relatively simple.
Quote by AlexInChains
That's a bit harsh. I think Danny Carey is vastly overrated, even though he is very good. Adam Jones on the other hand isn't pretentious or a wanker. He openly stated that he's not that great of a guitarist, and it's not hard to see that he keeps things relatively simple.

Fair enough. You just have to be a douche to get anywhere with most Tool fans.
Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: Generic member of the UG Hip Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati

Quote by mydarkesthour

It seems like UG is full of those Caveman Metalheads

Quote by mydarkesthour
I meant caveman as in long haired....

I think Adam Jones is pretty bad of a guitarist actually. Justin Chancellor on the other hand is a good bassist. Him and Danny make the band. Neither are amazing but they know how to use their skills wisely.
Theyre just a rock n roll band. no subliminal messages
<//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\>
Point taken. I think it's just the extremist fanboys that give fans like me a bad name

Edit: to pumpkins rule
Tool's pretty neat.
Quote by Meths
Really, it's quite gutting that we'll all be dead by the time the earth is entirely underwater because I really want to stick your head underwater while standing on Everest and say "if sea levels aren't rising, HOW COME YOU'RE DYING?!"
Quote by pumpkins_rule
Fixed.

Quote by MuffinMan
tool is like in a category of their own

i dont know why i like them so much - i guess its just their mixture of hard rock(most of the time) with really complex lyrics (most of the time) that actually make you think.

I believe that a lot of people dont appreciate them is because they dont feel like thinking about what their songs actually mean.
▲I had a friend once
►He took some acid
▼Now he thinks he's a fire engine
Quote by yawn
Why..is...this..in...the Pit?

Probly...the... same...reason...a...lot...of...other...stuff...is.
Random Metal-X fact:

"Ass Fuckingly Loud"

Quote by Metal-X
All i know is that the first time I listened--and actually listened--to Tool was when I was high, higher than anything you could ever know.

Anyways, long story short, I really like 46 and 2 now.

I really, really wish I had listened to some Tool yesterday.
I was beyond high.

Tool are just awesome. That's all there is to it, really.
Spiral Out
most metal and rock is meatheaded bang your head at another predictable chorus, self indulgent post adolescant lyrical content stuff. Tool is a different language. More complex structures that arent instantly recognisable and deeper lyrical content. I wouldnt expect early teenagers to be into them.
Quote by Metal-X
Probly...the... same...reason...a...lot...of...other...stuff...is.

fap.........fap......fapfap...........................................fap...fap....fap.
Page 1 of 2