So I'm sure my Vox ADVT30 is gonna crap out on me pretty soon so I was thinking of going into the market for a new amp, Well I play mostly classic rock, and pretty much anything else besides heavy metal and whatnot so i dont need that heavy sound. I also have an epi les paul if that helps. so any suggestions on my new amp seeking adventure? Oh and hopefully something below 1000 maybe a decent tube amp?
vox ac30 ftw!
Quote by CORT noob
Sex her, take the guitar, then sex her mom and have her walk in on you. Then, mom is happy, she doesn't want to be your friend anymore, and you keep the geetar. It's a win win for America!
you have lots of options, try an Orange Rockverb (i think thats what its called)
also, Peavey ValveKing (reliability issues, but good sound)

I would also like to congratulate you on not playing metal.. too many people on UG do, fight 'da power!
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
orange-great british tone
Marshall-good classic tone/out of price range
Peavey valveking- POS
Fender Super sonic- GOod tube amp, classic, and 1k flat!
dont get solid state it sucks
metal sucks
except lamb of god cuz theyre talented but i dont listen to moaning/groaning/ screaming shit
marshalls arent out of reach. just get the combo. combos > stacks. maybe a used JCM800 or a laney, or a fender (yummy fender amps). You have alot of choices if you dont mind going used and/or combo.
[IMG]http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/9148/dawhip005jf4.jpg[/IMG]

Quote by SuperSamuraiGuy
Thanks for answering all my question ssguitar

JCM900 FOR SELL!
^I would take back what you said about Combos being GREATER than Stacks...you're going to get owned, trust me.

For your position though and your budget, I guess you really should get a combo.

Quote by schecterboy3000
orange-great british tone
Marshall-good classic tone/out of price range
Peavey valveking- POS
Fender Super sonic- GOod tube amp, classic, and 1k flat!
dont get solid state it sucks
metal sucks
except lamb of god cuz theyre talented but i dont listen to moaning/groaning/ screaming shit

^Orange is above his price range, unless if you're talking about a tiny terror and a 2x12 cab, then nvm. Rockers/rockerverbs range from 1350-2000+ USD.
Marshalls are just in his price range, especially if you look into the more vintaged ones.

Yeah, I wouldn't suggest solid state, but that's up to you threadstarter.

And I do agree with the metal thing...I really do hate metal...with some exceptions; megedeth!
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
Quote by Griever988
Oh and hopefully something below 1000 maybe a decent tube amp?

A 1000 what? Country helps too 'cause where you live will effect the price, home made amps are usually a better buy.
Quote by benEboy2008
vox ac30 ftw!

That's the winner, right there.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
^You could if you wanted that extra push.

A ac30 and a OCD pedal would be so nice.
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
AC30's have awesome OD of their own, but a good OD pedal is always a nice thing to have. I'd like to think that if you walked into a store and said you wanted the AC30 and a Tubescreamer, and you wanted them together for $1000, that they'd do everything they could for you to get your thousand bucks.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.