Hey I need some help. I have been breaking strings like a madman lately. Ive broken one on every guitar I own except my 12 string. Usually they break when I do string bends stuff like that. I use 9 guages on all of my guitar excep for my acoustic which i use 11 gauges and my Faded V which i use 10 gauges. I just broke the B string on my V like A minute ago!!!! Does anybody have any help or suggestions. And I dont want to go any higher or lower than a 10 guage on my strings. Next time i go to the Guitar Center I'm gonna buy 10's for everything. Thanks
Last edited by Jimi_Hendrix93 at Mar 12, 2007,
umm....technique?
cuz if its all your guitars, then its not the guitars at all.........what are you doing when you do bends?
UG's HIPPIE
first- 9 guages are for higher tunings
- 11 guages are better for dropped tunings.
I dont think its necessary to have more or less than 10 guage strings if youre in standard tuning(unless ure zakk wylde).
It could also be the way you put them on.
If you put them on ridiculously tight, it will of course make them break a lot easier.
LTD SC-608 Baritone
Schecter 007-Elite
Epi. Les Paul Standard
Jasmine SC312
Boss NS-2
Boss TU-3
Peavey 6505+

www.behaviourmusic.com
Quote by schecterboy3000
first- 9 guages are for higher tunings
- 11 guages are better for dropped tunings.
I dont think its necessary to have more or less than 10 guage strings if youre in standard tuning(unless ure zakk wylde).

Huh??
-Jay
Ok people.

When people say that they are breaking strings, the very first question should be:

Where are the strings breaking?

If it's at the bridge or the nut, then you most likely have a sharp burr on either that needs to be filed down.

KaPow!
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
also, what kind are they? ive seen EB strings break faster than you can say "ow"

i have never broken a d'addario string in the 4 years ive used them on all 7 of my guitars.

i also use 9's
Recognised by the Official Who To Listen To List 2012

Quote by steven seagull
You don't argue with tubadude on Washburn-related matters, he flosses with the G string from a set of 0.12's y'know....and it's WOUND!