I am using a pick that looks like a teardrop and is very hard. Like it doesnt bend... and alot of people that i know (that play guitar) said u shud use a pick that bends...(ex:a dunlop .88 mm). They said it would be easier for me... but I have been using the same kind of pick i have now since i started playing guitar and im not sure if i should change to the picks they are talking about.

Any suggestions/opinions are greatly appreciated

I suggest picking (haha, picking) up a bunch of different styles of picks, thin, thick, and in between, and see what works best for you. It's all a matter of taste. I like thicker picks, but some like thin. Also, different sizes and materials will give you a different tone. So keep that in mind.

EDIT: And welcome to UG. It's a pretty sweet place.
It's all personal preference really. If you like what you have keep it. For some reason lots of people like thin picks which just snap back and forth and are extremely annoying to me. But I hate hard picks so I used the Fender Mediums. Recently I got turned onto the Dunlop Jazz III's which are 1.38mm or s/t like that...But I love them. They're horribly thick and yet so small it would take forever to get used to and they dont' lie when they say you won't want to switch back. That's just my pick, use what you're comfortalbe with, expierment w/different ones. and pick out your favorite.
Good luck!
Quote by noah22791
Fender is bringing out a model called a Stratocaster

and Gibson is bringing out something called a Les Paul.

LOL HAHAHAHA...I thought it was funny....
Whatever works. My guitar teacher uses similar picks to what you descired. The small red jazz ones.
And before he died, Taran-Ish had scrawled upon the altar of chrysolite with coarse shaky strokes the sign of DOOM.
the people telling you to change don't know anything. It's all about personal preference. If you like the tone you're getting with thick picks, tell them to **** off.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
haha unlike the peoples above, i like the flimsy picks. i just bought some .46, but i usually get some a little thicker than that. but their not too bad.
Quote by CodeMonk
Programming is an art form that fights back.

Quote by bob farrell

When Teenagers Crash Their Mothers Cars And Slash A Few Tires, The UG Justice Team Will Be There, And Justice . . . . . . . .Will Be Served!!!!
i like thinner picks because they sound more defined but i like thicker picks because i'm more accurate with them. loser right here huh.
please, for the sake of your own playing and skill DO NOT change picks. I have been all around, talked to many many guitarists at the renowned Lavonne's guitar shop, and the Jazz Teardrop is exactly what you want. Make yourself use it for 1 month and if you can honestly say you haven't improved as a guitarist, consider switching.

Just because a pick 'feels' better in your hand right now does not mean it is the best.
50th Anniversary American Deluxe Strat 3-tone Sunburst
Crate XT120r Amp
Epiphone Valve Jr. w/ Jensen P8r
Boss DS1
Digitech RP300 MultiFX
Quote by Revan
please, for the sake of your own playing and skill DO NOT change picks. I have been all around, talked to many many guitarists at the renowned Lavonne's guitar shop, and the Jazz Teardrop is exactly what you want. Make yourself use it for 1 month and if you can honestly say you haven't improved as a guitarist, consider switching.

Just because a pick 'feels' better in your hand right now does not mean it is the best.

i should probably try that out, im using fender thin's and i keep snapping them in half...
I am taking lessons and my instructor suggested using thick pick (Fender Heavy or thicker). We are focusing on speed and accuracy... I started playing with a Fender Med and after moving to the heavy my playing has improved. I would suggest at least trying a thick pick but it really is all personal prefrence.
Try choking up more on the pick, exposing less of it to the string.
Schecter C-1 Classic (Antique Amber)
Ibanez JEM 7VWH
Crate Palamino Class A tube combo
Digitech RP80 Multieffects pedal
Ibanez TS9 DX Tube Screamer
Its all about what suits you. I use a 1.0mm pick and sometimes 1.21mm. The thicker the pick the faster you can pick I guess. Because if its thin then it takes a little bit more time for it to straightin out? If that makes sense. Anyways just buy a few different thickness picks. I use to use thin picks and would buy alot of them. I only use thin picks for acoustic now.
"See, you're born punk. When you get your first haircut, then you're alternative. Then you let it grow long, then you're metal." - Kirk Hammett
I actually find that I can pick much faster with thin picks. Like everyone has already said it's really just a matter of personal preference. I play with lots of types of picks as I have guitars setup with different gauge strings for playing certain kinds of music.
Try loads of different picks and stick with what you feel most comfortable with.
Dave Mustain has wrote some of the most amazing solos...
That he can't actually play!
I personally love random .88's they are exactly for my hand, i can do my pinch harmonics and my picking so good with them :P Id never trade em for another pick. (UNLESS IT WAS THE PICK OF DESTINY)
Quote by roast
Cool, thanks Lagrance.

Randall Rx15
Ibanez Rg321Mh
Musima 25K Deluxe
Zoom 505 II
So many people rave about the Jazz III's. I tried one and liked it's thickness and feel but does it have to be so damn small? I just couldn't get used to that.
PRS Dave Navarro signature/Burny RLC-70 - Sonuus Wahoo wah/filter - Vox ToneLabLE - Boss DD-5 - Zoom MS-50G - Modded Ampeg VT-22 100-watt tube head or Peavey VK100 100-watt tube head (6L6GC's in both) - Soldano 4X12 cab w/Eminence Legends.
it depends on what type of sound u want i think....
i think for clean sounds using a thin pick .50 - .88
i dont know really, i usually just use any pick i get
Gear:

ESP KH II Vintage
Dean Dime Razorback Slime BumbleBee
Fender Stratocaster
Jackson King V
Line 6 Spider III 150w
Marshall MG100HDFX
Roland Cube 30w
Zoom 505 II
Line 6 Floor Pod
Monster Cables
Quote by Revan

That's dumb. A new pick will not make you magically better. Those shredders who use Jazz picks? They didn't pick one up and become that much better. They took years working on their technique and skill to get where they are. And it is all down to what feels the best in your hand, not the hand of anyone else.