Page 1 of 3
ok guys lets face it, we all get a little down sometimes. For those of you who are feeling like that just post your problems/whats goin on. When you can share your story with others it seems to kinda lift some weight off your shoulders, you know what i mean. Ill go first

Right now im a freshman in highschool. Well our freshman quarterback/super popular dude who i sort of know basically just took my chance i had with this girl (he knew i liked her). To be honest im not unpopular but im not very popular either. I play soccer and i make good grades, basically just an average kid. Anyways I had been talkin to her, she is a totally down to earth very cool person and i was picking up signs that she was into me. Then after breaking up with his old gf he comes in and tries to get her. Well it looks like its gonna happen but i cant help feeling that shes just doin it for the social status instead of abecause she likes his personality. He is a self centered moron BUT he is a tall, great athlete which therefore makes him the big guy on campus. I may be being selfish but im pretty sure im right about this one. what im basically mad about is how someone can get everything they want just because they are good at sports/really popular.

so does anyone else wanna share whats keepin them down?
"There are two wolves fighting inside all of us - the wolf of fear and hate, and the wolf of love and peace." The grandson listened, then looked up at his grandfather and asked, "Which one will win?", The grandfather replied, "the one we feed".
I want a , and she doesnt want me. She has rejected me, but i still want her. I want to explain that my intentions are good, and that i would treat her right, but she doesnt take me very seriously with it.
If you want to jam in/around Mooresville NC message me.
yeah sure ill go, me and this girl we pretty much about to go steady we each knew we liked each other and all that crap then in a matter of less than 24 hours she basically ditches me and tells me we should be friends then about 5 minutes later her friend tells me she's back with her ex-boyfriend. i mean i wouldn't be so mad about it if she just didn't like me but i know she did and he just walks back into the scene. and he treats her like crap and she could have about any guy in the world and she's with a dickhead and im not saying that i don't know the kid--everyone tells me he's a dick... well that's my story, man do i feel better haha
i think i agree with twist of fate...i would have put it in more poetic terms however....
i get bored and go on forums and realize that these people are just as lame as me and should take a ****ing chance.

seriously Nightrane did you tell her how you fealt.
I felt like a monster reincarnation of Horatio Alger......a man on the move and just sick enough to be totally confident.

Quote by Hexagram
Oh and Zeke, i find you to be over-rated
Quote by 812many
I want a , and she doesnt want me.

the comma isnt into you?
Dinobot clone of the Predacons Beast Wars Club
PM NightmareXT To Join!

Member #6 of the Geddy Lee fan club - pm RIC4003 to join.
UG spartan number 180
last sunday i watched an iron maiden concert... it was my first big concert ever. anyway the problem is that i couldn't really enjoy it because i couldn't listen to the lead guitars and solos (everybody else that i asked said that he could) .it was like the only instruments were bass and drums and some ruthm guitars... that really brought me down and i;m thinking of never going to a live show again... i want to know if anybody else experiences the same "problem"...and maybe to hear an explanation..
u should bU44s3cKs the quarterback.
i epiphanies

Quote by Sinforsale

i wasnt aware that you could use one hand...DEL seems pretty far away from CTRL and ALT

oh wait...
Quote by pyo
last sunday i watched an iron maiden concert... it was my first big concert ever. anyway the problem is that i couldn't really enjoy it because i couldn't listen to the lead guitars and solos (everybody else that i asked said that he could) .it was like the only instruments were bass and drums and some ruthm guitars... that really brought me down and i;m thinking of never going to a live show again... i want to know if anybody else experiences the same "problem"...and maybe to hear an explanation..

don't stop going to shows just because of some sound system issues. shows aren't allways like that. sometimes they just get a shitty sound guy who doesn't know what he's doing.
Dinobot clone of the Predacons Beast Wars Club
PM NightmareXT To Join!

Member #6 of the Geddy Lee fan club - pm RIC4003 to join.
UG spartan number 180
Quote by bobby_splax
i think i agree with twist of fate...i would have put it in more poetic terms however....

As in writing a poem on how you want your parents to be anally anihilated by the incredible hulk and when he cums thier heads shoot off like bowling balls?
Quote by Zeke5000
i get bored and go on forums and realize that these people are just as lame as me and should take a ****ing chance.

+1

You seem to get plenty of chances, but you just never take them. You're never going to be sure of anything, unless you just go for it. At least then you will know. I'm speaking advice that I don't actually take.
Quote by Necrophagist777

I agree, i always help people up. At the last show we all protected this little kid who was tying his shoe in the middle of the pit.

http://www.mylot.com/?ref=Phase3
I'm finally ready to move on with my life after the fiasco I'd had with my ex-girlfriend, but I'm torn between letting things lie, fester, and eventually whither away (the easy way), or approaching her and attempting to set things right and leave with something resembling grace (the effing hard way). I'll probably go with the effing hard way, if only to get rid of the pit that's been in my stomach for a month and a half. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't taking full advantage of the situation from a songwriting standpoint, though.
Listen to mah discs.

And coming soon, THE CLEVER DEVILS VS. THE BLONDES.

Vote for me in the
Quote by Nightrain57
ok guys lets face it, we all get a little down sometimes. For those of you who are feeling like that just post your problems/whats goin on. When you can share your story with others it seems to kinda lift some weight off your shoulders, you know what i mean. Ill go first

Right now im a freshman in highschool. Well our freshman quarterback/super popular dude who i sort of know basically just took my chance i had with this girl (he knew i liked her). To be honest im not unpopular but im not very popular either. I play soccer and i make good grades, basically just an average kid. Anyways I had been talkin to her, she is a totally down to earth very cool person and i was picking up signs that she was into me. Then after breaking up with his old gf he comes in and tries to get her. Well it looks like its gonna happen but i cant help feeling that shes just doin it for the social status instead of abecause she likes his personality. He is a self centered moron BUT he is a tall, great athlete which therefore makes him the big guy on campus. I may be being selfish but im pretty sure im right about this one. what im basically mad about is how someone can get everything they want just because they are good at sports/really popular.

ah I hear ya man, I don't wanna bombard you with clichés, but just be yourself, and you know what ? if you feel like this guy is comin at her and you don't have much time left, then that's it, go for it, he doesn't have her yet, you still have hope, just go and give it your best shot, don't be shy, don't be cheesy, you ask if she would like to go on a date or somethin, just go get her before it's too late you know what I mean ?

you're a guitarist! go out there and make us proud XD
by the way threadstarter, how old are you ? it's not meant as an offensive but when I was 15 I was pretty shy to let a girl know how I felt, Im 16 goin on 17 and yea, i learned from my mistake and I just go for it, the guys above me know what theyre talkin about.

let us know how it goes ?
Quote by drevil814
My life's going mighty peachy right about now.

Sucks to be you fellows

Well isn't that just fantastic. Well I've got a couple words for you my friend..you sir have no penis.. and also you're a ********* ***** ********* ***** *** ************** ********* ******** ******* ****hole
My Rig:

Guitars:
Schecter C-1 Classic (Deep Sea Green)
Jackson DK2M Snow White Edition
BC Rich Mockingbird Special X

Amps:
Mesa Boogie Express 5:50 212
Roland Microcube

RIP Kevin Robert Swerdfiger
September 15 1991 - May 16 2008
Quote by Nightrain57

i had a similar situation at high school years ago. looking back i found i was too focused on music and my long hair style didnt go down well at the time of a metal back lash. I kind of regret not dressing cool and cutting my hair-its shallow but this makes the difference. You learn through life..school work etc that you have to go with the flow to get on, or else you are isolated and stay 'individual'.

Could be worse..you could be working 40 hours a week in a hellishly boring job, be bored of women after having a lot, taken a lot of drugs which are boring. This is what your mid 20s are like so enjoy it (see my thread about delusions of grandeour!)
Quote by kyle100
Well isn't that just fantastic. Well I've got a couple words for you my friend..you sir have no penis.. and also you're a ********* ***** ********* ***** *** ************** ********* ******** ******* ****hole

Maybe, but my life's going good, and your's sucks so....

Blow me
Quote by Cabron1
i had a similar situation at high school years ago. looking back i found i was too focused on music and my long hair style didnt go down well at the time of a metal back lash. I kind of regret not dressing cool and cutting my hair-its shallow but this makes the difference. You learn through life..school work etc that you have to go with the flow to get on, or else you are isolated and stay 'individual'.

Could be worse..you could be working 40 hours a week in a hellishly boring job, be bored of women after having a lot, taken a lot of drugs which are boring. This is what your mid 20s are like so enjoy it (see my thread about delusions of grandeour!)

wow... I understand you're probably alot older than me and seen alot more

but Cobain once said it's better to be hated for who you are rather than loved for someone you're not. and I believe the man is right.

the best girl you'l ever meet is the one who accepts you for the shaggy long haired Nile blasting shredder you are! may take a while, but from what I've seen.. it beats the hell outta those hollow charades called ''love'' when one or neither person is truly being themself

EDIT : hollow charades called ''teen relationships''
Quote by Rising
wow... I understand you're probably alot older than me and seen alot more

but Cobain once said it's better to be hated for who you are rather than loved for someone you're not. and I believe the man is right.

the best girl you'l ever meet is the one who accepts you for the shaggy long haired Nile blasting shredder you are! may take a while, but from what I've seen.. it beats the hell outta those hollow charades called ''love'' when one or neither person is truly being themself

EDIT : hollow charades called ''teen relationships''

i hear what you are saying but also a lot of girls want to fit in so dating a death metal loving dude might not be the thing for her. If you look ok and shut your mouth, these are the two best ways to gain friends/girlfriends. Sad but true.

thinking back a lot of girls asked me out but i was so introverted even to the point of being in bed with a girl once but not thinking she was interested!. There may be girls who feel the same so make yourself approachable. Also if you start the teenage self loathing shit this will make you undesirable..shut the mouth and look presentable.
A lot has been on my mind lately so I'll just let it all out...

I'll start from the beginning. Parents divorced in 95, i was 5, never understood it until I was older. I live with my mom, who I liked before, but she seems different now that I'm older. She's gone through atleast 10 boyfriends, only 2 where serious, one lived with us for over 5 years. She currently has a boyfriend who lived 2 hours away and she goes up to his house almost every weekend, leaving me here with nothing. It might sound good to be home alone every weekend, but when you have to walk to work in shitty weather and find rides everywhere it starts to suck. Then I got this girlfriend, great girl I really love her, but now she is moving - so this is coming to an end. I have a decent job, I like it, I cook at this diner, short order cooking, cool people there to work with, no complaints there. So I make some decent money, 80-200$ a week depending on my hours, sometimes more if there is no school, but all my money has to go into a car and car insurance and anything else that I pretty much need (I buy all my clothing and a lot of my food and all guitar shit anything I have to buy I pay for, cell phone bill everything really..) So I dont really have a lot of money for a lot of work. Now my dad used to be rich, my moms poor but we built this nice house before the divorce, we kept it. They recently re-assesed it and the value went up a ton, so we are going to have to move. She found this great job which is up at the school where her boyfriend lives and were going to be moving up there, about 6 hours away from my father who i rarely see even now (hes about an hour away) so I have to leave everything. Good job, good friends, good band, good girlfriend, everything.. Even a good house.. I'll miss this house.. We have this huge pond with a water trampoline, tons of memories on that thing..

If you wanted to know, I'm 16, can't drive though.. I've had my permit for almost half a year but my mom won't teach me how to drive.. I have this guy at work who said he'd take me when the roads get better which is around now which will be cool, but I'll have to pay him =\
Last edited by shorter_rocker at Mar 12, 2007,
also..cobain shot himself in the head. its a lonely road being yourself completely. believe me i have been down it. you have to have a happy medium. you dont have to kiss ass just say less than everyone else and look presentable.
A couple days after my 16th birthday my mother kicked me out of my home. When you turn 16 child support stops so she wasnt getting money for me anymore, but she neglected me anyway, she would leave my sister and i at home for weeks while she'd go on holidays with her boyfriend. Anyway, i had wonderful friends, who i miss everyday, now im living in campbelltown Sydney and i hate it here. Try living in a place that has a wonderful nature area where you can bush walk and have BBQs, go to the beach with your mates and laugh and sing and all that crap, to living in a place where you know NO ONE and its always raining and just the whole place has a gloomy feel to it. Im being forced to go to work at a window company and being pressured into giving up my hopes and dreams of playing guitar in a band. I still talk to my friends over the internet, but now my step mother is disconnecting me every night while im in the middle of conversations. Also, the only girl i adore lives in Ohio. which is the other side of the world.
Quote by AronRa (Youtube user)
It is better to be proven wrong, than to forever be wrong, and never know it.

Quote by Meths
Bill Hicks rules.

I hate my user name >_<
Quote by Rocker_69
A couple days after my 16th birthday my mother kicked me out of my home. When you turn 16 child support stops so she wasnt getting money for me anymore, but she neglected me anyway, she would leave my sister and i at home for weeks while she'd go on holidays with her boyfriend. Anyway, i had wonderful friends, who i miss everyday, now im living in campbelltown Sydney and i hate it here. Try living in a place that has a wonderful nature area where you can bush walk and have BBQs, go to the beach with your mates and laugh and sing and all that crap, to living in a place where you know NO ONE and its always raining and just the whole place has a gloomy feel to it. Im being forced to go to work at a window company and being pressured into giving up my hopes and dreams of playing guitar in a band. I still talk to my friends over the internet, but now my step mother is disconnecting me every night while im in the middle of conversations. Also, the only girl i adore lives in Ohio. which is the other side of the world.

get a student loan and go to uni or college. your family is screwed and you need to go to another area so do it in September. apply now. i knew a lot of people who had similar situations who hated school or work and their family. Uni can get you away from everything. new start mate.
Yeah im feeling pretty shit. The doc just diagnosed me with herpangina (also called herpes, but it's HSV-1, not genital herpes), and my mouth is full of sores and everything in my mouth is swollen. I can't eat anything except soup and drink juice but they both get everywhere, all over the sores and it hurts like a bitch. I can feel my the lack of proper nutrition is taking a toll on my body, im always feeling weak....

These ****ing things hurt like a bitch, not to mention it's embarrassing...i can hardly open my mouth, and when i do it hurts. The only medication the doc prescribed is this paste that basically glues my mouth shut so my jaw is starting to hurt now too. I wish i could fall asleep til next week when they go away
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
My eyes are ****ed up.. There is fibrous dysplasia in the bone which is closing the sinus above my eye. As a result my eye has been pushed down and has an abnormal shape. I've gone thorugh 2 surgerys to fix the problem, but so far they havn't been affective. A more serious surgery may be possible when i'm 17 or so, but the possible side effects get worse (permanent double vision, etc.). It sucks because when i meet new people or if someone sees me that hasn't for a while they're like "what happened to your eye?" "..." "Oh sorry. It just looked weird". In all the pictures of me from 4 years ago-present day i look like a freak.

...jus bugs me
Right now I'm at the University of Oklahoma studying meteorology, which is fascinating, it's what I've wanted to do for the longest time. My freshman year in high school, I met my girlfriend, and we've been dating ever since (four years.) For college (we're both freshmen), I went here and she stayed in Wichita, where we are both from, which is about three hours away. I love her so much, but at the same time, she's kind of self-centered. She's never exactly liked me being down here. I've thought about going back to Wichita, but there's not a good meteorology program in Wichita. I'd have to study computer science, which is something else I really like, but it's still not what I've always wanted to study. I think that breaking up would be the best thing for both of us, but I don't have the balls to do it.
METAR KTIK 040043Z COR RMK TORNADO 1W MOV NE. EVACUATING STATION
Right now I'm at the University of Oklahoma studying meteorology, which is fascinating, it's what I've wanted to do for the longest time. My freshman year in high school, I met my girlfriend, and we've been dating ever since (four years.) For college (we're both freshmen), I went here and she stayed in Wichita, where we are both from, which is about three hours away. I love her so much, but at the same time, she's kind of self-centered. She's never exactly liked me being down here. I've thought about going back to Wichita, but there's not a good meteorology program in Wichita. I'd have to study computer science, which is something else I really like, but it's still not what I've always wanted to study. I think that breaking up would be the best thing for both of us, but I don't have the balls to do it.

Well do you still love her? If you still love her then you'll find a way to make it work, but don't negatively change your future for something in the present, especially if it might only be temporary.
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Whenever I'm down I eat pop rocks, chocolate, or a combination of the two. Last time I was really mad at everything I found gold jewellry so being mad for me is great.
Quote by aprescott_27

Don't give up a career 'cause girls come and go. If she really loves you and you love her it'll work out eventually.
Last edited by Embodiment at Mar 13, 2007,
for all of you who were wondering im 15, also what do you mean say less than everybody else and shut your mouth?
"There are two wolves fighting inside all of us - the wolf of fear and hate, and the wolf of love and peace." The grandson listened, then looked up at his grandfather and asked, "Which one will win?", The grandfather replied, "the one we feed".
Quote by Cabron1
i hear what you are saying but also a lot of girls want to fit in so dating a death metal loving dude might not be the thing for her. If you look ok and shut your mouth, these are the two best ways to gain friends/girlfriends. Sad but true.

thinking back a lot of girls asked me out but i was so introverted even to the point of being in bed with a girl once but not thinking she was interested!. There may be girls who feel the same so make yourself approachable. Also if you start the teenage self loathing shit this will make you undesirable..shut the mouth and look presentable.

I love metal and have long ass big hair, I also happen to be VERY loud and ''eccentric'', but in no way does that make me or anybody similar ''unapproachable'' i welcome everybody with a smile and respect

I am graduating this year and I have plenty of excellent life long worthy friends ( most of them very good looking girls ) I have an amazing girlfriend who see's me as I am and I her, it's that kind of bond that elevates us above the hollow teen relationships.

I have met my trials along the trail such as you describe, but it's these challenges that truly build our character, I believe I have finally found who I really am.

people who don't like me as I am aren't worthy to be called friends, and if girls are too busy trying to fit in ( or basically in the middle of finding themselves ) to look past any social barrier her or her ''friends'' may have brainwashed into her.. then too bad, that person doesnt interest me.

I understand the philosophy you stand by on the matter, and maybe neither of us can make a real generalization on any outcome since all of this may depend on the times, place and integrity of the people. But I know that the threadstarter should stick to his guns and atleast try it out, before ultimately caving in and masking his inner self in order to be ''cool''

besides man, it's just highschool who cares ? you have college, where all the girls have matured and have ''found themselves'' and can accept people as they are.
Quote by Rising
I love metal and have long ass big hair, I also happen to be VERY loud and ''eccentric'', but in no way does that make me or anybody similar ''unapproachable'' i welcome everybody with a smile and respect

I am graduating this year and I have plenty of excellent life long worthy friends ( most of them very good looking girls ) I have an amazing girlfriend who see's me as I am and I her, it's that kind of bond that elevates us above the hollow teen relationships.

I have met my trials along the trail such as you describe, but it's these challenges that truly build our character, I believe I have finally found who I really am.

people who don't like me as I am aren't worthy to be called friends, and if girls are too busy trying to fit in ( or basically in the middle of finding themselves ) to look past any social barrier her or her ''friends'' may have brainwashed into her.. then too bad, that person doesnt interest me.

I understand the philosophy you stand by on the matter, and maybe neither of us can make a real generalization on any outcome since all of this may depend on the times, place and integrity of the people. But I know that the threadstarter should stick to his guns and atleast try it out, before ultimately caving in and masking his inner self in order to be ''cool''

besides man, it's just highschool who cares ? you have college, where all the girls have matured and have ''found themselves'' and can accept people as they are.

its not a generalisation just some insite to someone elses high school experience. when i was at school i was the only rock kid with pantera shirts on when it was VERY uncool in the mid 1990s. In regards to approachability again its just an insite into what i was like and looking back what gave me problems.

Great that everything is going well for you, but im replying to this guys problem.
Quote by Nightrain57

Girls are bitches and football players are knobs. Welcome to high school

/life.
Quote by Meths
Really, it's quite gutting that we'll all be dead by the time the earth is entirely underwater because I really want to stick your head underwater while standing on Everest and say "if sea levels aren't rising, HOW COME YOU'RE DYING?!"
Yea, i am feeling down some time..But when ever i get the feeling i look at this :

lol
Page 1 of 3