Our band has been playing music on and off for the past 3 months or so, covering and making songs basicly just jamming. We finally decided to actually start a band.... But our main problem is we dont know anyone who can sing, and we ask around but noone can help us=[. I had a dumb idea of getting everyone to try to sing and try developing a voice or something but i doubt that will happen. Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions?
Quote by KISS_Fan
have some different people come to wherever you practice and then you can pick from them

lol i dont know.. Cause i want us to be good but that could actually work. Some people can sing without knowing they can.
Yeah just get some of your friends to come over and sing to your songs

don't be too critical just be chill..you never know one of your bros might have an awesome voice that you never know

I mean i have a lot of respect for instrumental bands but the local instrumental bands would sound so much better with a singer.

Best of Luck man
Quote by Dick6Valentine
Yeah just get some of your friends to come over and sing to your songs

don't be too critical just be chill..you never know one of your bros might have an awesome voice that you never know

I mean i have a lot of respect for instrumental bands but the local instrumental bands would sound so much better with a singer.

Best of Luck man

thanks bro... im gonna try this lol
Who ever sings best in your band now is the singer. If the singer doesn't want to sing, then that person has to find a new singer.
why not try yourself
www.myspace.com/symmetry4321

Quote by RockerPseudonym
I think stone is either 7 or 14 lbs

Edit I'm gonna go with 14 because it's rather unlikely you're 56 pounds

Quote by evening_crow
sounds like....u need a...

BAND MEETING!!!
Quote by METSOAD
why not try yourself

i wish i could=\
i am really bad at singing probably the worst singer in my band lol atleast i think so
Last edited by pocket dude 411 at Mar 14, 2007,
Wel, with a lot of the greats, their voices just seemed to fit over what they were doing. (This list isn't all greats...)

With the Jimi Hendrix Experience, Jimi couldn't sing, but his voice fit over what he was doing.
Kurt Cobain couldn't sing to save his life, but for some reason, I can't picture anyone else doing the vocals to Nirvana songs.
Roger Waters couldn't sing worth a shit... I bet there are dogs in heat that have better voices than he did, but for some strange reason, his voice was a key element in making Pink Floyd music what it was.

So, why not try your hands at singing on a couple of originals? You could also post flyers around town. You really wanna do it at local grocery and music stores. Those are the best two places to do it. Also try a gas station or something. Just remember that you want the place where you post these flyers to be used publically a lot. Be specific about what you want. What genres you guys play, what you wanna write, inspirations, etc. I'm sure you'll find someone that you can all agree on. Let me know how it goes.

~ P&HFan
Got Death Magnetic a day early!

The Low-Cardinal of Zeppelinism - If you're a diehard fan of Zeppelin, join Zeppelinism here

Winner of the "Biggest Led Zeppelin Fuck" award in the CR forum (2 years running!)
Quote by Page&HammettFan
Wel, with a lot of the greats, their voices just seemed to fit over what they were doing. (This list isn't all greats...)

With the Jimi Hendrix Experience, Jimi couldn't sing, but his voice fit over what he was doing.
Kurt Cobain couldn't sing to save his life, but for some reason, I can't picture anyone else doing the vocals to Nirvana songs.
Roger Waters couldn't sing worth a shit... I bet there are dogs in heat that have better voices than he did, but for some strange reason, his voice was a key element in making Pink Floyd music what it was.

So, why not try your hands at singing on a couple of originals? You could also post flyers around town. You really wanna do it at local grocery and music stores. Those are the best two places to do it. Also try a gas station or something. Just remember that you want the place where you post these flyers to be used publically a lot. Be specific about what you want. What genres you guys play, what you wanna write, inspirations, etc. I'm sure you'll find someone that you can all agree on. Let me know how it goes.

~ P&HFan

thanks dude
Most bands can't sing THAT well, its just that they play stuff that suits the singing style.
My favorite singer is in a huge band that have countless awards, he does backing vocals and they sound alright however if you isolate his voice in the songs he is actually really badly singing but it suits the music so well that it sounds in-tune.
Infact I do the same myself, I am no great singer but i sing songs that my voice can handle.
Quote by Page&HammettFan

~ P&HFan

oh that is soo true..
^_^
Quote by pocket dude 411
I had a dumb idea of getting everyone to try to sing and try developing a voice or something but i doubt that will happen.

That is a brilliant idea. All of you should try to develop enough that you can sing at least well enough to do backing if not sing lead, as you never know when being able to sing will come in handy.
Quote by fukyu1980
LOL ! muther fuker i was gonna say that LOL!
Quote by Metal_Rich
That is a brilliant idea. All of you should try to develop enough that you can sing at least well enough to do backing if not sing lead, as you never know when being able to sing will come in handy.

gah can anyone give me tips on how to strengthen my voice?
Record some stuff, and post it on myspace, or some other music site, where a lot of people can see it, and just put out there that you need a singer.
Quote by pocket dude 411
gah can anyone give me tips on how to strengthen my voice?

First - sing.

A lot - and to songs that push your limits..
Do it for hours a day, in the car, wherever.

Do it for years and you'll get fairly good.

Or get a vocal coach, may speed up the process.
Advertise around school, telephone poles, local music joints, etc etc.
Main Gear:
Cort G-Series 254
Takamine EG345C 12-String
Fender Squier P-Bass

Peavey Classic 50
Laney HCM65B

$75 Junk Drums w/ B8 Hats/Crash/Ride
Quote by Potato_Souffle
This is an awesome idea. It is now part of the basis of my life. Or not...but still, it's like the "not it" of responsibility. Yes.

Anyway, on topic, I still think an amusing way of finding someone who can sing is to hang around with your friends, and start humming some catchy song. Try and get them to sing it. Just hum it...constantly...until they start. Then, if they are good, recruit them. Otherwise, you just laugh at them for having the song stuck in their head. Win win, yes?

lmao
i loove that idea im deffenetly trying it