Okay, My budget is around 100-300 nothing above 300.
i play all types of music, from metal to blues..
i've browse through the forum, and everyones ranting about spider III.
Is it that bad? All i need is something that's better than my current one.
What's a good practice amp with a good distortions and a couple of effects?

thanks in advance...
What do you own?
I would go with a VOX AD30VT, if you have nice pickups, you can get distortion really nicely from this thing, single coils are still picking up good enough for hard rock, maybe not metal. It has 11 diffrent effects that all sound good. I got it yesterday though...
"Guitarmen, wake up and pluck wire for sound, let 'em hear you play"
-Charlie Christian
"You have to give people something to dream on"
-Jimi Hendrix
"I try to make any guitar do what I want it to do"
-Slash
Find something tube. Can get an Epi Valve Junior head and a cheap Crate cab for 300 flat
"This is The End, beautiful friend, The End"
I own the 150 Watt spider iii head and it pretty much rips. There is just so much u can do with it. For the price i don't think ull find a better amp.
I own a squire amp, i got it free from the squire package..that amp is really horrible..
I think orange amps are over 1000 dls
My gear:
-No Brand Classical Guitar
-Squier Stratocaster Affinity Series
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Boss GT-8
-Boss DS-1
-Roland Cube 60

FREE TACOS!!!
You can find many Oranges amps for under $1000 if you buy used. Tiny Terrors go for around $500, but that is all besides the point, because they are still over his budget.
PM Me for any help you need with recording systems/tips
Quote by BrianApocalypse
Good call

Man, you should be a mod, you know everything.

You're going to want an Orange TUBE amp, but they aren't in your price range.

I suggest you look into a voxad30 or a cube 30. Your pick.
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
Jinskee you own a orange amp ? that's amazing..
So it's a vox or a cube 30..
but does the cube has effects? amp model?
Quote by Happydudee
What's a good practice amp with a good distortions and a couple of effects?

The two main choices around here are the Vox Valvetronix and the Roland Cube. I prefer the Vox for classic rock and blues, but if metal's a big part of what you do, you'll probably get more use out of the Cube.

You could get the 30W version of either one with room left in your budget. That's enough power for band practice or even small gigs.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
You could try looking into a used Randall RG75 G2 Series
ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ

Quote by Xp3ns1v3
I thought it was illegal for women to use the internet.
Hey Jinskee have you tried a ss Orange? I didn't even know they made them - sounds like from what you said they suck - ah well its not like I would buy one, just curious if they made a decent ss that would be a good recommendation for newbies. I do need to get myself a Tiny Terror,however, because those things are amazing for what they do. Lol, but that will be after I finish my metal rack setup, sell my JCM900 (not that I don't like it), and get a Fender Twin. :-) Then I will get a Tiny Terror.
Quote by BrianApocalypse
Good call

I'm a big fan of orange amps...even though I've only tried 2 of their amps. . Great amps though.

Quote by thrice_removed
Hey Jinskee have you tried a ss Orange? I didn't even know they made them - sounds like from what you said they suck - ah well its not like I would buy one, just curious if they made a decent ss that would be a good recommendation for newbies. I do need to get myself a Tiny Terror,however, because those things are amazing for what they do. Lol, but that will be after I finish my metal rack setup, sell my JCM900 (not that I don't like it), and get a Fender Twin. :-) Then I will get a Tiny Terror.

To be honest, I haven't tried an Orange SS, but I hear the Crush isn't even made by Orange...well, technically.

On a high note, tiny terrors are the freaking bomb! And you don't like your Marshall? Aww, well best of lucky to find your new set up and your fender twin.

I hear that the tiny terror is supposed to be based off of Angus Young's tone; very crunchy and mid gainy and chunky., which it really is.

-2-channel Titan
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-Larrivee D-03R
No it is not that I don't like it - it is just feels like it was made for versatility, and isn't stellar at any one particular thing. I mean it can do cleans, but a Fender is better, it can sorta do 80's metal, but a JCM800 is better, it can do nu metal (with a boost), but a Recto is better, it can do classic, but a Tiny Terror is better. I have finally decided that I really need amps that own at what they were made for - and am thus buying the prospective amps - not one amp that can sorta do a lot of tones.
Quote by BrianApocalypse
Good call

Quote by thrice_removed
No it is not that I don't like it - it is just feels like it was made for versatility, and isn't stellar at any one particular thing. I mean it can do cleans, but a Fender is better, it can sorta do 80's metal, but a JCM800 is better, it can do nu metal (with a boost), but a Recto is better, it can do classic, but a Tiny Terror is better. I have finally decided that I really need amps that own at what they were made for - and am thus buying the prospective amps - not one amp that can sorta do a lot of tones.

Very true.

You want an amp that does what it's supposed to do!

-2-channel Titan
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-Larrivee D-03R
I think your best options are the Vox Valvetronix, the Roland Cube 30, or if you want tube, like I(ncubus)play said, get an Epi valve Jr. (5 watts) and a cheap cab.

But I am going to say what I have already said twice in the last 5 minutes:

Go to the store and try them out to see which one you like!!!!
On a side note you can get metal tones out of a non-metal amp if you get a pedal.
Quote by which ones pink
I think your best options are the Vox Valvetronix, the Roland Cube 30, or if you want tube, like I(ncubus)play said, get an Epi valve Jr. (5 watts) and a cheap cab.

But I am going to say what I have already said twice in the last 5 minutes:

Go to the store and try them out to see which one you like!!!!
On a side note you can get metal tones out of a non-metal amp if you get a pedal.

Problem with a Valve Junior is that he'd need an OD pedal, and a few other effects (depending on what he wants). I'd say an AD30VT or Cube 30. As for which, that's his decision.
When i played through a small orange crush, it wasn't a leasant experience. Comparable to an mg imo
Quote by Lukeisonfire
tool and opeth definitly dont play tube amps . You cant get those distorted sounds out of it. tube is for like beatles stuff right?

Quote by evilbeaver22
You're right, just about the only thing better than a Spider 3 is an MG : )