So when i was at school i though the battle of the bands type gigs infront of 150 kids sucked-some kids would not be into rock and be abusive etc..the gear sucked and everything. Unfortunately for most bands after leaving school and gigging in the clubs, its your friends, the other bands and a few followers really. Thats the experience ive known, even in fairly successful bands ive been in touring and supporting signed acts. The average crowd ive seen for unsigned bands is maybe 20-30.

Not trying to bring anyones hopes down by this, but just enjoy your school gigs, and have as much as fun as possible incase you dont end up playing at madison square garden. If you dont believe me go down to your local rehersal studio and most bands will tell you this.
Ha, battle of the bands is at my school next thursday. It doesnt take any talent to win, last year a guy won who just played an AC/DC song alone on stage. Unfortunately, my band has just started, and we don't have any of our own songs, we've only learned other peoples songs so far, so we're gonna do it next year.
FOR AWESOME HANDWOUND PICKUPS, CONTACT CorduroyEW
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123
Good for you. Have a cookie.

But really... there's no cookie. And if there was, you wouldn't get one.
The talent show I played was fun, but not what i was looking for.

I still want to be part of a band where they want to show up to practice and write new songs.
Random Metal-X fact:

Metal-X now sponsors: Blood Culprit!

"Ass Fuckingly Loud"

\m/^_^\m/ New Songs Up!!! \m/^_^\m/
Battle of the Bands at my old highschool was pretty good. Some really talented people there. Then again, a lot of useless people there. Its good practice for real gigs, though.
you'll find something man, sometimes older guys wont respect you even if you are a good player..you just have to wait
Quote by Cabron1
you'll find something man, sometimes older guys wont respect you even if you are a good player..you just have to wait

I have all the respect I need, it's just finding the players that will work with what I want to make.
Random Metal-X fact:

Metal-X now sponsors: Blood Culprit!

"Ass Fuckingly Loud"

\m/^_^\m/ New Songs Up!!! \m/^_^\m/