okay so here is the deal, i have this band together for a talent show at school, and two of us really want to play don't drink the water by dmb, but the others are simply going for the song people want to hear and are adament in playing yellow by coldplay...im tired of arguing this out so if you were in an audience what would you want to hear?
Quote by BlackFrancis
i dont know who dmb is but coldplay is quite homosexual.

Yes, that makes so much sense

I say play what you want to play, dont give a shit bout dem audience
why not actually play something that seems challenging
www.myspace.com/symmetry4321

Quote by RockerPseudonym
I think stone is either 7 or 14 lbs

Edit I'm gonna go with 14 because it's rather unlikely you're 56 pounds

Quote by evening_crow
sounds like....u need a...

BAND MEETING!!!
Quote by {iO}Maverick
play the anthem by good charlette. get the crowd goin

Are you like...for real?

BTW, to the thread starter...You know how I know your gay?

You listen to coldplay.
My Gear:
Peavey 6505+
Marshall 1960B
Schecter Hellraiser Avenger
Ibanez VBT700
Marshall Guv'nor
Marshall Echohead
Morley Tremonti Wah
Boss TU-2
Boss NS-2
EHX Holy Grail Reverb
Furman SPB 8C
Boss Flange
Whats with all the coldplay bashing here? They have some amazing music out there if you can handle it. The piano in lots of their songs is quite difficult. So dont be judging people because of the music they like. I could bug you coldplay haters about liking metal. But really, what good would that do? It would create a fight, and you would likely be offended. So dont be a jerk to someone else because they have a different opinion.

Now on topic, any of those would be good choices. Remember that music is for you, not for the crowd. If the crowd likes it, well awesome. If they dont, well screw them, cause you did like it.
Quote by funkdaddyfresh
justin, that was easily the most inspiring, helpful piece of advice anyone has ever given me in regards to my musical pursuits.

Screaming Help
If you can't stop arguing about those two songs then try to choose something entirely different. An some people say forget about the audience, but if you really want to win then you have to consider them a little
Our Planned Failure
Heres the deal, its a talent show. You guys need to agree on a completely new song, don't use either of what you picked.

And let the guys know this: if you're going out there to win, you wont. People can tell. Do something everyone really wants to do.
Anyone who says you don't need to care about your audience is one of those guys who stays home most of the time and doesn't seriously gig. The audience is what makes you. As for which song, both are well-known songs however I would do Coldplay just because I like it better. DMB has much better songs than Don't Drink the Water. I can't do any analysis right now, but if the songs were very similiar I would combind both of them. Audiences really like when you segway between one song to another then go back to the first song.
I was once heavily prominent on these forums from 2004-2007, let's see how long I can stay now that I'm back.
choose something everybody will know.
My Gear:
ESP LTD EC-1000 SW
ESP LTD EC 500 STBC
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Dean Razorback Two Tone
Ibanez 7 string
Randall RH150G3 Head and Cab
Quote by metallica_death
choose something everybody will know.

If the students vote...and you want to win...you might have to do something like fall out boy or green day. Sorry, but that just might have to be done.
My Gear:
Peavey 6505+
Marshall 1960B
Schecter Hellraiser Avenger
Ibanez VBT700
Marshall Guv'nor
Marshall Echohead
Morley Tremonti Wah
Boss TU-2
Boss NS-2
EHX Holy Grail Reverb
Furman SPB 8C
Boss Flange
You should do "Strutter" or even more popular "Smells Like Teen Spirit."
Quote by alienboy18241
Are you like...for real?

BTW, to the thread starter...You know how I know your gay?

You listen to coldplay.

hes saying he DOESNT like coldplay

Jack my swag
and liking coldplay dont mean ur gay.......i dont like them, but i dont make fun of them, you ***hole

Jack my swag
yeah jesus...thanks to everyone who helped...we convinced them NOT to play yellow, so we shall see how it goes
not to pop bubbles over here, but you shouldnt play what you and a bunch of your friends wanna play if your in hs or middle school play a modern song that everyone knows. Try something from guitar hero all the posers that got into classic rock 4 months ago love that one!!!:]
Quote by ilovemySG
not to pop bubbles over here, but you shouldnt play what you and a bunch of your friends wanna play if your in hs or middle school play a modern song that everyone knows. Try something from guitar hero all the posers that got into classic rock 4 months ago love that one!!!:]
Why not? It's a school talent show, it's nothing important, it's just for fun, and playing a song you like will be more fun.
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY