So i got a brand new Deluxe Players Strat, and i love it to death. But my one question, wondering if this is normal.

My whammy bar doesnt go in completely straight, but it doesnt feel like its too tight or anything. I screw it just about all the way in, i dont have to force it or anything. After i use it, i let it go and let it drop down past the strings, and then it hits the tone knob. Im wondering if its supposed to do that. I figure its pretty normal, since it isnt a huge issue.

Just making sure this isnt bad.
O.S.I.

Part of the 7-string Legion

Check out my profile
and my 7-string Ernie Ball MM JP-7 build

Does your whammy bar screw in, or pop in. On my deluxe strat it pops in, and one day I noticed if I put my guitar upside the whammy bar would fall right out, then I noticed you have to press QUITE hard to pop the whammy bar in. Also, if you take off the backplate, take out the springs, and loosen the strings. Pull out the tremelo system you will see an allen key slot, you can tighten that a big so your whammy bar isnt as loose when it's in (Example, you can put the whammy bar where you want to have it comfortably, and it will stay there without falling back straight down)

Do you get what i'm saying?

EDIT: Oh I see what your saying, check in the hole that the whammy bar goes into, see if it's all straight in there, you may want to bring it into a shop to have it looked at, because I don't think it should be getting close enough when it falls down to hit the tone knob.
ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ

Quote by Xp3ns1v3
I thought it was illegal for women to use the internet.
yeah, i didnt think it should hit the knob. I looked at it, everything looked straight. Ill try tightening it, and see if that helps. Thanks.

Btw, mine screws in.

See, i dont think it did this when i first got it, but now i've had it for 2 days, and it does it. So hopefully i'll figure it out.
O.S.I.

Check out my profile

Quote by 6DgOfInTb
yeah, i didnt think it should hit the knob. I looked at it, everything looked straight. Ill try tightening it, and see if that helps. Thanks.

Btw, mine screws in.

See, i dont think it did this when i first got it, but now i've had it for 2 days, and it does it. So hopefully i'll figure it out.

Something may need to be adjusted in there, but i'm not too familiar with screw in whammy bars. Hold on, I will take a picture to show you how far away mine is from the tone knob. Has it been doing it since you got it? Or have you just noticed it now.

I can't take a picture right now, but when my bar is moved over top of the tone knobs, it's a good inch away from both of them. I would have slight reason to believe it's most likely your bar thats messed up, it's probably bent, downwards. Bring your guitar into a shop and ask to try a different one in your guitar, and hopefully that solves it for you! One thing can you try not to do is pull your bar up on a standard tremolo system, or move it to the other and and push down on it, it just doesn't work on strats, unless you have Floyd Rose tremelo.

Good luck.

EDIT: I'm going to bed now, so I guess just wait around and maybe someone else can help you further, good luck!

Quote by Xp3ns1v3
Last edited by AthenasGhost at Mar 12, 2007,
on my first guitar (squier) i also had a screw in tremelo arm , i always used to tighten it. later i opened the back once and found out i pretty much ,screwed the tremelo through the part , of 'steel' (in this case LED , like duh soft)
Quote by AthenasGhost
One thing can you try not to do is pull your bar up on a standard tremolo system, or move it to the other and and push down on it, it just doesn't work on strats, unless you have Floyd Rose tremelo.

Yeah, the tremolo was designed for a little vibrato, so no divebombs but it should be set so that you can raise the pitch about 1½ steps. At least that's what I read on Fenders setup guide.
is ur bridge level? or only slightly raised up from the body?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
its slightly raised up from the body, but not a lot. In the handbook, it shows its not supposed to be flat up to the body.

I've come to the conclusion that its my bar, because when i screw it in, it looks like its moving sideways..if you understand

i'd take pictures, but i dont hace a camera. My bar is definately not an inch away from the tone knobs.

thanks for the feedback
O.S.I.

Check out my profile

It should not be touching the tone knob. It should also be screwed in to the kid who said his pops in before.

All you have to do is just screw it in about halfway. Problem solved.
High as tits
Quote by Suicidal_Brick
It should not be touching the tone knob. It should also be screwed in to the kid who said his pops in before.

All you have to do is just screw it in about halfway. Problem solved.

Mine is made to pop in though, it's a 2005 deluxe strat. there is a clip in the tremelo that holds it in, it doesn't screw in trust me, it has no threads whatsoever.

Quote by Xp3ns1v3
well, u dont really want to screw in a bar halfway.^

if it has threads, then it's a screw in. if that's the case and the bridge is set up correctly, then it seems as if the bar is bent a little.
replacement bars are inexpensive enough. or u can try picking up a spring, placed inside some strat trem holes. these let u adjust the stopping point when tightening.

also wrapping the trem threads with a little plumbers tape can help u tighten it at a different, more comfortable, location.

but i still wonder why it was crooked in the first place. without looking at it i doubt i could tell u for sure.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by jj1565
well, u dont really want to screw in a bar halfway.^

if it has threads, then it's a screw in. if that's the case and the bridge is set up correctly, then it seems as if the bar is bent a little.
replacement bars are inexpensive enough. or u can try picking up a spring, placed inside some strat trem holes. these let u adjust the stopping point when tightening.

also wrapping the trem threads with a little plumbers tape can help u tighten it at a different, more comfortable, location.

but i still wonder why it was crooked in the first place. without looking at it i doubt i could tell u for sure.

If he bought the guitar in a store there is the possibility that the bar got abused. But I don't see how that could happen, either that or it was simply defective.

Replacement whammy bars are usually between 15-20$ Canadian.

Quote by Xp3ns1v3