Recently, some companies are starting to build external graphic cards (why did it take them so long to think of that?)

Take this for example: http://gomeler.com/2007/01/07/asus-launches-external-graphics-card-for-laptop/

It\\\'s definitely a start. However, there are some major flaws in that product.

For one, it\\\'s fuggin\\\' huge. That, and combined with the fact that it requires an external monitor totally defeats the purpose of being compact and mobile with a laptop.

So for all the computer buffs in here, what are your speculations on the future of these external graphic cards? Do you think it will be a long time before a decent one comes out? Or how about the possibility of overriding the original built-in graphics and route directly to the laptop monitor? Etc.

Personally, I\\\'d love it if there was one with 250 MB of graphic memory, decent frames, uses the Expresscard slot, not too big, and most importantly, uses the laptop monitor instead of needing an external monitor. I have a great laptop right now that\'s got everything I need except for a decent graphic card. I can\'t wait till they put out something to resolve this.
i wouldnt use a laptop for gaming....id use a pc....and even then i wouldnt use one [the external video card], id just go sli
Nicks and dents are battle scars...they give a guitar history.

Quote by Homer Simpson
When you think about it, mud is just wet dirt.
Ya, if there was an external card that could function as the card on the actual monitor... hot damn. That would make gaming a lot easier on my puny laptop on which it's impossible to upgrade the card.
El Gearo:

Fender '69 Reissue Mustang
Fender American Standard P-Bass

Fender Blues Junior
Quote by flesh fries
i wouldnt use a laptop for gaming....id use a pc....and even then i wouldnt use one [the external video card], id just go sli

There is no real reason why a laptop is inferior for gaming. The fact is, if you have a good processor, good motherboard, decent amount of RAM, and a decent graphic card, you can play the latest games today regardless of what computer platform you are using.